Roderick

Fantasy Finale XV

I don't care what you say! This looks cool and I am very glad and happy that there's a distinct possibility Final Fantasy XV will arrive on PC's. Director Nomura said every system capable of running DirectX 11 will be considered for release. That means it's coming out on PC's and I won't have to purchase a con-sole for this.

Here's why I'm excited about a Final Fantasy game:

1. I do enjoy crazy Japanese things, as long as they're not accompanied by crazy bad Japanese RPG mechanics. This one looks to fit the bill. Less obnoxious command-based fighting, more of a turn towards free-floating action as debuted by Square-Enix in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, which was really, really fun. If they include anything like the Flowmotion system, I will be so happy.

2. Final Fantasy meets The Godfather. Bizarre neo-gangster guys with black umbrellas. It's refreshingly not based entirely on gaudy couture, poppy themes and crystal nonsense. Will it still be ridiculous and overblown? Yes. Brooding and overly sentimental? Czech. Sometimes I like that.

Final-Fantasy-XV.jpg

"Aww shit, I still have to wait until 2014 before I arrive on the superior platform of IBM-based Personal Computers."

So i am very much not a Final Fantasy person, it's a large part of why i swore off JRPG's for the better part of a decade, and all the stories around this game paint its development as having been a harmfully bloated money-pit, catastrophically delayed and restarted, again and again for close to eight years.

That said, those E3 trailers looked super fucking cool.

I actually do want to play this.

(Hit up the HD so it's not a blurry mess.)

I won't try to hide it, I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan and I am very much looking forward to this. I've finished IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, and XIII and loved every one (even though the story was horrible in XIII I loved the combat system more than any other FF game). I always found that the visuals, story, and music came together very well in these games and resulted in a very unique atmosphere that I don't see often in other games. Yay.

You won't have to hide anymore, my friend!

Well, I'm certainly no unconditional fan of JRPG's, but I cannot stress how much Dream Drop Distance just utterly impressed me. Since that's the way FFXV seems to be going, I'm willing to give those loveable red-soled bastards a chance.

It looks like a mix between QTEs and God of War. Your average purist must have passed out from that video.

I actually really like how slow the characters look. With the exception of the sword teleport, attacks with large weapons slow them down, using a big fire spell causes a period of incapacitation while he shields his eyes. It just looks surprisingly unique. If the QTEs work more like Kingdom Hearts Action Commands (Press /\ to response to a contextual queue that a) it is possible to set up almost whenever you want and b ) is over quickly) then even that could be fun. I actually really did like them in Kingdom Hearts II.

I'm really surprised to hear that DDD is so good. Maybe I should pick it up...

New TGS trailer

Those character animations look really pretty

So the game is about a camping trip?

Oh sweet - Blaargh.

That is some awfully boring character design.

Anyway, I have nothing constructive to add to this conversation as I think that apart from the card game in FF VIII there is nothing good about this series.

This was the first I saw of it, never anything else.

So it's basically Bromance the game.

And I'm okay with that.

I don't like FF. But I kind of want this.

Also man is it pretty.

It looks like a mix between QTEs and God of War. Your average purist must have passed out from that video.

Monster Hunter meets Dark Souls meets Yakuza?

It's not very Final Fantasy, but it's pretty easy to see the influences based on what's currently working in the Japanese game design sphere.

They look like they reek of Axe body spray.

I'm shocked we haven't seen an Axe + video game crossover commercial yet. Unless there has been one, and I just don't watch enough TV to see it.

This actually looks pretty good. Is Nomura still doing FF designs? Because those are really subdued for him.

I honestly really want to play the game from that trailer. I don't know if that makes me a bad person. It probably does! But I do.

But given the Final Fantasy pedigree, I think it'll end up having a lot of bullshit I don't care about. This makes me sad.

I can't stop laughing at the theme... it's ridiculous. I can't believe it gets that level of production value.

WIth that said, it does look top notch, but jesus, what happened to this series?

Wait... "King Regis"?

I hope his first name is also King. Or maybe Roy, to be more subtle.

I did watch the gameplay trailer and it looks bananas, but I really want to make more axe body spray jokes, and throw in a so this is what my chemical romance does when they're not touring jab in as well. That being said looks pretty cool. Are chocobos going to be relegated to some kind of power drink? 

I kind of like that the series has just gone totally off the rails, although I haven't actually played one since 12.

That's how I feel too! Except last one I played was 10.

Last night, nobody I knew that was still awake had seen the trailer yet (let alone knew it was up) so I had to look it up on my own.

I was worried I found some sort of fake video because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. But sure enough I got confirmation before going to bed.

Final Fantasy 15 is about bros riding around Jurassic Park beating up the dinosaurs for fun.

Final Fantasy 15 is about bros riding around Jurassic Park beating up the dinosaurs for fun.

Taking this out of context, though I'm not sure what context I should have, but that just makes those bros that much more dickish.

The dialog is very much them on a road trip stopping to stretch or shower, or get food or whatever, yet they pull over to the side of the road and start beating the shit out of some cows.

and +1 Barons boy band theory, it would make it all that much worse/better. Maybe it'll employ army of twos fist bump technology.

You are all saying these things and it sounds like you are trying to make it sound bad.

But it really just makes me want that all the more.