toblix

Fez 2

Mainstream media for feminists, like Jezebel, or The Mary Sue? I enjoy reading the latter.

Tronhound, you're either trying very hard to get a rise, or there's some actual kind of belief that motivated this car crash of a post. Please stop.

Agreed, you're in the wrong tavern here boy. 

Well, the UK's Europe's sole FeministGrub store location doesn't appear to be taking things very seriously (or maybe that's what they want us to think)

zvEjEeU.jpg

I think there's an opening in the market for competitive individuals with a passion for success and a will to win. Or a spare garage and an outhouse.

This forum is a bit like the Monkey Island catacombs, each thread potentially leading to numerous wild and disturbing passages.

My favorite is the nose.

Actually, it's probably the bloody hands.

I love it all, it's so thoroughly disturbing. I did not like that section as a child. Not as bad as the 'LeChuck chasing you through hallways with the most jump-inducing music ever' in MI2 though. Gilbert and Schafer enjoy making their endings as horrifying as possible it seems.

I just noticed the monkey skeleton beneath the head has brass bones. Foreshadowing of the robot monkey?????

bg_hell.png

I seriously couldn't play the special editions. Horrified every time I switched to them out of curiosity.

I have a similar reaction to trying to play the originals, for some reason I remember them looking way better than they did and I kind of want to leave it that way. Even if the Special Editions aren't perfect, because they're not literally the originals it leaves my original memories intact. It all makes sense in Thrik logic. :tup:

It's a bit like when I once emulated one of my favourite childhood Amiga games, Dizzy. I was almost distraught when I saw how off the reality was to my rose-tinted memory and had to immediately stop playing lest I completely ruin my warm, fuzzy memories.

Really? Especially MI2 had such amazing art direction. Even without the comparison to the washed-out, Photoshop-layered special edition graphics, it's immensely charming and beautiful. It holds up incredibly well across the board. (I'll agree that MI1 is less amazing, but that just goes to show what a huge leap forward the sequel was in graphic fidelity.)

The biggest disappointment I had with MI2:SE was that when you enter Woodtick you can listen to the commentary about iMuse and it gets you all psyched on iMuse and then it turns out to have one of the worst implementations of iMuse that any version of MI2 has ever had. It's almost enough to make me switch out to another version in SCUMMVM right there. 

When I played the special editions I kept the "classic" graphics the whole way, as they are still stunningly beautiful I agree. I don't think the new graphics are outright ugly but they are clearly, CLEARLY inferior (and sometimes outright ugly too). I keep the voice acting on when I can but I have mixed feelings about it; I loved all these voices in COMI and I think they fit the characters, but a lot of the lines feel awkward voiced (like they were never written with VO in mind).

This post is about Fez 2.

Gameplay-wise, would there be any direction for Fez to go in?

I only played the demo for the first game, but I basically just jumped, came to a cliff, rotated the screen, and jumped again until I got a cube.  It worked, but seemed limited.

I know the game gets deeper, but only in terms of translating secret codes, hidden times of day, etc.  But does jumping and rotating ever get any more interesting?

I know the game gets deeper, but only in terms of translating secret codes, hidden times of day, etc.  But does jumping and rotating ever get any more interesting?

No.

I remember reading somewhere that Fez 2 would've been a very different kind of game than the original. I wish I could remember where I read this exactly.

I don't think a sequel that is more of the same platforming stuff would be that interesting, I agree.

Yeah, Fish was saying he wanted to revisit the world but the mechanics would be massively different. To paraphrase, "like the change from Zelda to Zelda 2 but moreso." 

Pabosher, I want to clarify this is not a dig at you, just a very funny answer I saw recently to "If you can't say anything nice…"

Heh, good.

spoiler: Fez 2 is an ARG, and we are all in it now.

Holy shit, I think you are right.

fez-life_small.png

HL3Z. Considering the recent trend, my guess is that Z stands for zombies. DoHalf-Life and Left 4 Dead universes overlap?

Half Life 2 already had zombies in Ravenholm. And that's not a L, it's a t. So it says "H-t3z". which more or less spells "hates".

Holy shit, I think you are right.

fez-life_small.png

HL3Z. Considering the recent trend, my guess is that Z stands for zombies. DoHalf-Life and Left 4 Dead universes overlap?

Z-axis

Mandatory Oculus Rift confirmed.

So apparently someone was very upset about Fez 2 being cancelled on 4chan and took a screenshot of the cancellation twitter post, with a 'delete' option visible.

So apparently someone was very upset about Fez 2 being cancelled on 4chan and took a screenshot of the cancellation twitter post, with a 'delete' option visible.

merus-edit.png