toblix

E3 2013 Idle Thumbs Steam Chat

I joined the group at 10:20 west coast time and it was empty, so I think everyone missed it, including me I guess because at that point the whole Konami pre-E3 thing was on youtube and such.

Youtube link, for those who want it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRvnyT1R8J8

Edit: Does anyone know how to embed youtube links on this forum? I'm new here.   :P

the tag is [media], there's also a button to do all the special BBC code just to the left of the Font and Size options above the text field.

David Hayter's bin making me laugh recently, because he so openly feels hurt that he doesn't get to be Snake any more.

For a while I thought he was being coy about it, but nope

d212d5f07137fa932fb3fdd691804256.png

Like New Coke? You sly dog.

oAwmjye.png

I'm not sure whether to count anything Kojima said as needlessly grandiose or not. MGS5 having race as a theme is almost enough to get it there, but he seems downright realistic compared to everyone else in the video.

This got me stoked to play the whole Lords of Shadow trilogy, so they are doing that very right. I resisted this adaptation of Castlevania at first, but it's shaping up like a very interesting story.

Why is no-one livestreaming/chatting the OUYA event, taking place in the parking lot outside E3?

(I am not joking.  It's really in a parking lot.  By the food trucks.)

(OUYA.)

(OUYA.)

I did a search to see if anyone was streaming Ouya stuff and found this instead: Mad Catz revealed their new gaming console. Now every controller is the shitty Mad Catz controller.

v9KimFV.jpg

If I've figured out the time correctly, for the Netherlands the Microsoft conference starts at 18:30, conveniently right after working hours. This might actually happen! Raah raaaaah!

If I've figured out the time correctly, for the Netherlands the Microsoft conference starts at 18:30, conveniently right after working hours. This might actually happen! Raah raaaaah!

Yup, discovered the same. Due to summer time, Centro-Euros are two hours after GMT.

971250_4351836173043_126827203_n.jpg

Oh, hey, randomly clicked onto the MS stream to have background noise for work, and... some zombie game.

INNOVATIVE

Sad and yet apathetic that I have to work through this at a location that doesn't allow streaming video.

There was a Halo thing at 60FPS, and a Battlefield 4 promo that didn't play correctly.

The most exciting game was "Nick and Remo: Zombie smackdown 5"

And SWERY is doing 'D4', an episodic adventure game which I hope is related to D and not d3.js

There's games! I'm glad to see they are taking big risks with new IPs like Halo, Battlefield 4, Minecraft, The Witcher 3, Forza 5, Killer Instinct, and Dead Rising 3.

But in all seriousness I'm glad to finally see some games. Some of the actual new IPs look like they could be cool and while there was some mention of Kinect I didn't get the sense that they are going to be forcing it down everyone's throats in every game.

$500 though? I thought they might go a little cheaper than that. I guess it's not that bad but it's quite a bit more than what the 360 launched for.

Edit: And I forgot Metal Gear Solid 5. That sounds like another sweet new IP!

don't forget that MS is also investing in indies: they're bringing Minecraft to xbone.