Sign in to follow this  
Gormongous

Weird Medical Shit

I can't pluck out my eye because there's this huge plank in it which prevents me from truly reaching in there. Ironically, there's a tiny hole in the plank that allows me the see the splinters in other people's eyes. This life is weird.

Why?

I'm not entirely sure but the two came up in conversation on more than one occasion. I always just thought it caused me to walk in a sort of flamboyant and non-manly enough way and some people that really take that dude-bro manly man shit to heart just made dumb assumptions. It was a weird industry.

No, I mean why did you take being asked if you're gay as a compliment?

No, I mean why did you take being asked if you're gay as a compliment?

Keep in mind I live in Arizona, a somewhat racist, homophobic, and very religious state. I notice most of you guys seem to come from areas that are light years ahead in the tolerance department so I guess I forget that the culture where I live is a bit different.

The reason I took it as a compliment is that it is not uncommon here for people to see a person that is well mannered, enunciates their words well, and walks in a slightly different way and assume they are gay. I see these as very positive qualities and if someone thought I was gay it was usually because they noticed I had one or more of these qualities and just assumed as much. So, why not take it as a compliment? It makes no difference to me if someone thinks I'm gay. And if they are the type of person to treat me any worse because of that perception they are not worth giving the time of day to.

Yeah, people where I grew up were like that, too, from time to time. "Yer different, boy." (Actually they didn't talk like that but I like to pretend they did.)

I'd've taken it as a compliment, too, 'cause it'd mean they thought I was different from their ignorant ways. U:

Hmmm... I guess this is as good of any place to talk about this, but since 2008 I've had this weird rashy/growth on my forearm that's embarrassing and won't go away.

It started out as two weird bumps that kept spewing puss for months on end when squeezed, but then my girlfriend (being a vet tech) had the great (worst) idea of cutting it with a scalpel to try to "clear out the junk" by washing it. Any, after that it healed and no more puss, but now since 2009 it's been spreading to a weird scaly rash/scar tissue where it crusts up to dry skin every one and a while that I pick off. After that it hurts and then forms a blood red scab, area calms down, and it repeats. It hasn't been very serious for a couple of years now and tends to get better after a shower as the skin dries out and stops hurting and being irritated, but it never fully goes away and still is slightly red raised skin that decides to be irritated or turn into dry skin every once and a while.

I thought it was somehow related to psoriasis, which I have on my scalp and have medicated shampoo for, but using any kind of creams throughout the years (antifungal, cortisone, hydrogen peroxide etc.) never seems to help.

I've been thinking for a while that I've developed some kind of skin cancer and so I have been too much of a wuss and worried too much about going broke if it means I have to start going to some kind of special dermatologist and paying a bunch of money for treatment. I probably should anyway for my own good, but I only tend to notice and remember when it flares up.

Anyway, I hope this hasn't grossed you out too much. I'm pretty grossed out I still have this weird stuff on my arm and I do realize my ultimate answer is just going to a doctor.

Yes, go to the doctor. How much does it cost for you guys to go to the doc?

I just had and MRI a few weeks back. I think the neurogist just threw it in for shits and giggles after telling me I was fine. So boring and loud.

Oh, also B12 deficiency which is kicking back in since I'm finished my injections. I hope my liver starts sharing it out soon.

Yes, go to the doctor. How much does it cost for you guys to go to the doc?

My gut says it means 10s of thousands of dollars, but that's out of fear of going in debt.

Can I be the moderator of this thread? I'll chip in with humourous tales from the Emergency department from time to time, all Dr Hibbert like.

Lets hear your chuckle.

Not to start this Internet argument, but I'm so glad I can pay 60 quid a month and that covers the cost of the neurologist and the MRI and anything else that would have been needed if hadn't been totally ok the whole time (apart from the b12 deficiency making my appendages temporarily numb, when will it go away). I did more damage to myself worrying (self/Internet diagnosed MS, diabetes, carpel tunel, MS, nothing, hypochondria, MS, ME....) than my actual issues did I'd say.

Sometimes it feels as if there has never been a second in the past month where both of my nostrils are clear.

Not to start this Internet argument, but I'm so glad I can pay 60 quid a month and that covers the cost of the neurologist and the MRI and anything else that would have been needed if hadn't been totally ok the whole time (apart from the b12 deficiency making my appendages temporarily numb, when will it go away). I did more damage to myself worrying (self/Internet diagnosed MS, diabetes, carpel tunel, MS, nothing, hypochondria, MS, ME....) than my actual issues did I'd say.

Never going to champion employer paid health insurance here. I envy every country that is not the United States in this aspect.

Okay, I have one thing. When it's cold and I go inside and warm up, I get a runny nose. Also when I eat spicy food. It's a terrible affliction.

I get that! Especially the spicy food bit. I thought that was normal.

Shammack gleefully told me about this thread because he knows I like to talk about my medical oddness.   Just to spite him I am going to explain that I'm totes medically normal.

Edit:  got stuck in goon mode, used wrong smiley

Yeah, I get that. Doesn't stop me from loving spicy food or being warm though.

Two toes on my right foot are connected up to the first knuckle before they split apart. Only two toes though. I always forget about it for a long period of time and then notice it in the shower or something and go "OH HOLY SHIT WHAT IS... oh yeah."

Oh a runny nose? Boo hoo. Some times, 15-30 mins after eating fresh chillies I will shit myself crooked in a screaming torrent of liquid death.

It's kinda cleansing actually, so as long as I'm near a familiar toilet ill take the risk. Caus chillies are the shiz.

I get the runny nose when I come inside from being out in the cold all the time.

I've had employers ask if something was wrong, or if I was sick, because my nose would run horrendously when I came inside.

Oh a runny nose? Boo hoo. Some times, 15-30 mins after eating fresh chillies I will shit myself crooked in a screaming torrent of liquid death.

It's kinda cleansing actually, so as long as I'm near a familiar toilet ill take the risk. Caus chillies are the shiz.

Not quite so graphically disturbing, but spicy food give me absolutely no gastric trouble unless it is the very specific bird's eye pepper. I don't know what it is about that one, because no other pepper ever bothers me at all. It's weird to me.

This is becoming the thread where we all find out the weird medical shit we don't normally talk about is actually perfectly normal medical shit.

I was running a fever once when I was 6 or 7 years old, went to sleep still running a fever, and when I woke up and went to the bathroom a full solid turd fell out of my pajamas. It was probably at least 6 inches long. I remember being very confused at how a turd got into my pants and finally realized it was my turd and I had somehow taken a full shit in my pants while I was sleeping.

I can only assume I had had some kind of a wetting the bed dream but a poop version and just slept through the whole thing because I was delirious. Luckily I've never pooped my pants since then, except for the occasional squirt of diarrhea.