melmer

PL4YST4TION 4

According to Wired UK, the Vita TV will also let you stream games from your PS4 to other TVs in your house. If they add Gaikai streaming of PS3 and PS2 games, I think this has the potential to be pretty disruptive.

It does Netflix and stuff too I think, maybe even movie rentals from the SEN store? And they have that Music Unlimited thing they could probably tie in to it with minimal effort and expense also potentially muscling in on the Apple TV's turf.

It's a shame the new Vita proper has no OLED but if its anything like the time I moved from a Galaxy Nexus (OLED) to Nexus 4 (LCD) the difference, whilst noticeable, will be offset by the latter looking equally sharp and lovely and giving you more playtime too which is still the Vita's primary weakness.

Amazon is asking me if I want to upgrade my PS4 preorder to a PS4 console bundle including a "video" "game", and to be honest.... I don't.

I suppose the only "video" "game" included in the bundles that would be a worthwhile purchase at full price would be "kill" "zone" "shadow" "ting" because of the potential play time I'd get out of the multiplayer. But I wouldn't normally ever buy a "kill" "zone", so I'm won't

Interestingly we're like 6 weeks away and Ubisoft still haven't detailed the multiplayer in watch dogs. I think it's supposed to be like dark souls, invading other peoples worlds. If it had been revealed and it looked interesting they may have got a sale out of me, alas not

I suppose the only "video" "game" included in the bundles that would be a worthwhile purchase at full price would be "kill" "zone" "shadow" "ting" because of the potential play time I'd get out of the multiplayer. But I wouldn't normally ever buy a "kill" "zone", so I'm won't

I don't think you

are giving Killzone 2

its due

I remember kill zone 2 was very grey, and I didn't really like the super heavy controls, and clicking for iron sights yuck yuck yuck

But now that I think about it the multiplayer in both 2 and 3 was super super fun. Although they use the exact shades of red and green that completely fucks with my colour blindness to differentiate between the teams

Having recently played Killzone 2 (a few hours for the first time), I wholeheartedly agree that the controls are incredibly gross. I honestly don't know why anyone would make a FPS control scheme on consoles that doesn't mimic either Halo or COD in first-person.

I bought my bundle with Watch Dogs, because it seems to be most likely to impress me out of the launch lineup.

Just thought I'd briefly mention an observation I made today... SCEA (don't know if this applies to EU) is running a promotion where you get $10 back in credit for every $50 you spend on the PSN Store through October 29. If you choose to take advantage of this promotion preordering games that will eventually allow digital upgrades to PS4, the promo essentially subsidizes that $10 upgrade cost. I'm currently considering cancelling my BF4 preorder and just buying it for PS3 for eventual upgrade as a result, partly because I'm curious to try out the digital upgrade system and partly because I'm dreading driving to GameStop to pick up that PS4 preorder on release day.

No one has shown me enough of what Watchdogs is actually going to be for me to be interested. Is it just GTA with the occasional opportunity to use a phone in a quicktime event to make a car crash or something? I feel like that's been the mantra of this new generation. "Don't give anyone enough information and hopefully people will buy the thing without knowing what they're getting."

People in the games press whose opinions I generally agree with have shown enough enthusiasm for Watch Dogs that I'm excited by it.

I'm not impressed by Watch Dogs. The first trailer was full of promise, but everything I've seen since has been increasingly lacking in both graphics and compelling-looking gameplay (unless you really loved LA Noire).

I hope it's just a case of bad marketing because that original trailer still sticks in my mind, but it should be worrying those responsible because people seem to be widely getting quite lukewarm towards it.

No one has shown me enough of what Watchdogs is actually going to be for me to be interested. Is it just GTA with the occasional opportunity to use a phone in a quicktime event to make a car crash or something? I feel like that's been the mantra of this new generation. "Don't give anyone enough information and hopefully people will buy the thing without knowing what they're getting."

Have you missed the thousand and one gameplay videos? Check it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow1h0V40LD8

Apparently I have. I saw something like three different teaser type videos, but nothing with real gameplay. I'll have to watch it when I get home.

I upgraded to the kill zone bundle :) I am fickle incarnate

I'm not convinced with watch dogs, I'll play it but I don't think its a keeper. It looks kind of boring, I fear it may suffer from ass creed 1 syndrome having you do the same kind of tasks over and over again in a dull open world

It's absurd. Here's a breakdown from my girlfriend:

Quick simple math:
PS4: 400 dollars
Let’s say 100% import tax (it is not, it’s between 60%-70%): 800 dollars
State sales tax (from the most expensive state, may vary): 18% = 944 dollars
Conversion dollar/real: 2.30 (today it is actually 2.18) = 2170 reais
Let’s give the store some 20% profit: 2600 reais (that’s more or less what the XBox One will cost).
4000 – 2600 = 1400 as “Sony profit tax”.

good thing watch dogs is delayed until next year, now I have no reason to buy one until the crew comes out

Not sure if joking? :) The Crew got delayed along with Watch Dogs and isn't expected now until Q3 2014

Not sure if joking? :) The Crew got delayed along with Watch Dogs and isn't expected now until Q3 2014

woops I meant the division haha I was going to buy one for watch dogs but after seeing the live demo at the Eurogamer expo it looked rough and the gameplay was just 3rd person shooting. There is no reason for me to buy a PS4 anymore to be honest.

Side note: I played the new need for speed on the PS4 and it was great! looked really sharp too.

I hope the PS4 doesn't feel to much like a waste land during 2014, but now that i think about it all the indie game's, Destiny, Diablo 3 (which i'm yet to play), Infamous, The Order 1886 (Killer app? Sony does Gears of War), The Witness, Ass Flag and Watch Dawg, GUILTY GEAR X'rd, I've still got my fingers crossed for GTA V. I think there's enough going on for me to justify getting it day one.

Unlike my launch day Wii on which i played Zelda for a week and then it just sat there gathering dust for 6months until i sold it

to be fair the pad felt way better than the xbox one pad which I played BF4 with. Destiny is the only game on that list that looks interesting to me. And I'm holding out for GTAV on pc. I really want to support the ps4... but the divison is the only game that I really want now.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT

wW6Y0R4.jpg

When asked If they are certain about it, they replied:

GAME Basildon ‏@GAMEBasildon 6m

@xixBlueWolfxix @postabargain Can only say what we've been told. Fantastic news =)

via GAf

"Aim to be implemented in 2014."

"TLOU played on your Vita, streamed from your PS4 that you bought digitally for your PS3!"

headexploding.gif

Can't be true. can it? CAN IT?

Having recently got back into Infamous 2, I can safely say that Infamous: Second Son is my killer app and will make the PS4 worth every penny for my particular interests. I feel a little lucky knowing that right out of the gate, although by the same token I know I will buy an Xbox One as soon as the next Halo game hits. In that case, I just know it won't be as close to launch window as Second Son is so I have far less reason to invest in the One at launch.

Sure, it sucks that Watch Dogs and Driveclub have been delayed, but I know what I want and need from this console. Battlefield 4 will keep me busy for months along with indie titles and PS+ offerings, so I can afford to wait until Second Son. If the various multiplat games that will come to the console (and likely perform way better than current consoles and perhaps even your current PC build, if you're budget like me) don't excite you and coming exclusives don't excite you, I don't think there's a whole lot of reason to buy a PS4.

That just sounds like they mean you'll have the rights to anything you bought on the PSN, which is no surprise, since that's how it already works across systems.

Like, if you bought a movie on the PS3, you can watch it on the PS4, like, obviously. This doesn't necessarily mean anything with regard to backward compatibility, which is what you're talking about.

At least that's as far as I'd go based on the wording of that tweet.

That just sounds like they mean you'll have the rights to anything you bought on the PSN, which is no surprise, since that's how it already works across systems.

Like, if you bought a movie on the PS3, you can watch it on the PS4, like, obviously. This doesn't necessarily mean anything with regard to backward compatibility, which is what you're talking about.

At least that's as far as I'd go based on the wording of that tweet.

I disagree. If people are talking about PSN compatibility, there's a 99.99% likelihood they're referring to games. I think most people would be dumbfounded if other kinds of content weren't carried over, considering Sony's focus on having a cross-platform store (i.e. PS3 and Vita). We already know that Gakai will render many if not most PS3 games accessible on the PS4 in 2014, so I take this tweet as clarifying that games you already own will be usable without having to buy them all over again — something that's been a big question mark for months, hence the interest in this answer.