melmer

PL4YST4TION 4

I know you guys are super serious and shrewd on this stuff, but I saw Hip-Hop Gamer goin bazonkers in that audience and I'm with him.

Oh damn, oh shit, I cannot believe how much they FLAUNTED IT up on that whole thing. Games games games games games games games. That was straight-up cartoonish.

If you told me I'd come out of this 90 minutes wanting to buy a PS4, buy PS+, buy Final Fantasy 15 and god damn Destiny I would've never believed it.

And this is coming from me, the last new game I bought was X-COM, about 2 months after release.

Never played a Kingdom Hearts game in my life, but even I know that's bin in the dark for years.

The PS4 looks like a PS2. Which gets a thumbs up from me.

The only thing that could've made it better is if Jack Tretton literally DROPPED A MICROPHONE and walked off the stage.

Haven't even seen the conference yet, but if what I'm reading is correct, I'm now off the "well, it looks better than an XBOne" fence and fully into "buy as soon as I have the funds" category. Have two years of PS+ banked already, due to deals on PS3 and Vita, so why the hell not?

Haven't even seen the conference yet, but if what I'm reading is correct, I'm now off the "well, it looks better than an XBOne" fence and fully into "buy as soon as I have the funds" category.

I'm not quite there yet, but I did find myself getting somewhat excited about PS4, which is super weird because its most interesting property, for me, at this point is that it compares favorably to Xbox One.

I was worried that Netflix, etc. would require Playstation Plus subscription, but that does not seem to be the case. Yey..

The only thing that could've made it better is if Jack Tretton literally DROPPED A MICROPHONE and walked off the stage.

ku-xlarge.gif

well now i'm just about the happiest person on EARTH

If you look closely, you see it falling over Tretton's shoulder, but it's masked by the tree branches. Call of Duty: Ghost Mic

Someone walking down the street is like "Ow! Who the fuck throws a microphone!"

Rodi, it's things like this that make me feel like I'm in the right place.

So you crazy people who are already buying PS4s, what games have you seen to convince you to do so? While PS4 over Xbox may seem obvious, I haven't seen anything to justify either console in their own right yet.

So you crazy people who are already buying PS4s, what games have you seen to convince you to do so? While PS4 over Xbox may seem obvious, I haven't seen anything to justify either console in their own right yet.

Graphics. Sweet, sweet graphics.

Graphics. Sweet, sweet graphics.

That's pretty much my answer too. I always have to get at least one console at launch (cause I'm a fuckin hardcore gamer) so might as well get one with sweet graphics.

But but but ... PC

True, but it will be some time before I will be able to afford building a new PC that can outperform the PS4. The one I have now will probably come close but not close enough. $399 man. Can't beat that for such a powerful piece of hardware.

Not to mention the games that either never come out on PC or do so significantly later.

Actually that's probably it more than anything: being able to play gorgeous-looking exclusives. I still play cutting-edge PC games like Battlefield, although my PC upgrades are about as frequent as new console generations so my performance ends up shitty more often than not.

Also I prefer playing most games on a TV and don't get on with sofa-based keyboards and mice, so I tend to just use my PC for situations where I just can't tolerate not having the utmost accuracy (ie: multiplayer shooters).

I'm at the "if I only buy one, it's this one for damn sure" stage, not the "I AM BUYING THIS LAUNCH DAY" stage. That said, InFamous 1 and 2 are games which I love to death, so a third one is very appealing to me.

Reason if I get either one it will be PS4: Japanese games are significantly less likely to come to PC, and Sony gets more exclusive Japanese games than Microsoft.

Pretty much that simple.

You know, that is a completely compelling argument. The Japanese market is very PC-unfriendly. Wii U is getting some Japanese exclusives too (the Wii had a good run last year with Xenoblade and Pandora's Tower, and earlier Fragile Dreams). Xbox, not so much.

I've been saying forever that they should set another Final Fantasy game in grimey industrial bumfuck, so seeing that, and seeing Destiny lookin good, unexpectedly pulled me in.

Also I didn't own a PS3, so lets finally play MGS4, Ratchet and Clank, Infamous, Journey, Pixeljunk Shooter etc.

Final Fantasy XV looks like a typical FF game but then played out like The Godfather? It's weird and delicious.

Also, my hope for Kingdom Hearts 3 is that they use the Flowmotion system (yes that's a word goddammit) from Dream Drop Distance, which was excellent.

So is it people buying the console for the future exclusives or for the games coming out at launch?

As a split 50/50 PC/Console guy, I see nothing compelling to bring me away from just playing the PC ports of these games, so I guess I'm addressing the people that also have PCs that could play these games.

I agree with Will Smith of Tested.com - buy stuff for what it is, not what it's going to be.