Frenetic Pony

Disney buys Lucasfilm

I bet I'm not the only one that had to suppress his laughter in theaters when Darth Vader did his "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"?

I bet I'm not the only one that had to suppress his laughter in theaters when Darth Vader did his "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"?

I was already on the floor laughing when they had James Earl Jones say "Padme" in a serious voice.

I didn't bother suppressing mine. Between that and the Frankenstein-esque way he broke free from the table, it felt appropriate.

http://www.empireonl...ng-star-wars/p8

I was thinking the other day how fantastic Joshua Jackson would be for the Star Wars prequels, i think he could really pull off a Han Solo style of character that was sorely missing from the prequels

*edit

apparently Joshua Jackson was one of the leading contenders for the role of Anakin Skywalker.

Yeah he's a quality actor. I'd be more excited to see Noble, though. He's so brilliant!

Don't know if he was a leading contender, but he definitely auditioned for Anakin, and also young James T Kirk!

More updates on the timeline for the new trilogy based on what Bob Iger told CNBC: Apparently, Disney wants to get all three movies done in 6 years (so one movie every two years), with standalone movies based on one established Star Wars character. Yoda is rumored to be one of the possible characters for the standalone movie (a fact that sends my 12 year-old self into such a deep spiral of nerd rage that would be too unseemly to post here).

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2013/02/disney_confirms_six-year_star_wars_plan_standalone.php

Surely a stand-alone Han Solo franchise is the wise choice? Right?!

We're definitely in the stage of the band's lifecycle where one would consider a Solo career.

JABBA THE HUT.

When I first read Dune I thought it was the Gom Jabba for a bit, and was giggling at the thought of a box with a tiny Hutt in it.

Go back to Reddit, that wretched hive of scum and villainy, where this shit belongs.

You all R2D2rs away from getting banned for derailing, you know that?

All puns aside, looks like EW confirmed a Boba Fett movie (because of course) and a young Han Solo movie: http://www.themarysue.com/star-wars-spinoff-films-confirmed/

Han Solo movie will take place between Revenge of the Sith and a New Hope and Boba Fett movie will probably take place between Empire and Jedi (so presumably it'll just be a whole movie about Boba Fett hanging out at Jabba's Palace? I don't know, I need to stop reading the Star Wars news because it just makes me sadder and sadder.)