Henroid

The Business Side of Video (Space) Games EXCLUSIVELY ON IDLE THUMBS

I assume you'll be able to register that stuff on the new rewards program they say they'll be starting later this year. Same with the new 3DS.

I assume you'll be able to register that stuff on the new rewards program they say they'll be starting later this year. Same with the new 3DS.

I hope so, I just kinda don't trust them to do it right.

Also, everyone in Club Nintendo gets Flipnote Studio 3D, which I didn't expect to ever come out here.

I hope Nintendo releases all the pointless data they've acquired from the forms you have to fill in to get stars over the years in nice graphs that tell us nothing.

As much as I kept telling myself that I don't care, I just reordered my Gamefly queue to prioritize Nintendo games that I might want to end up buying and registering before March. It's equal parts rational and irrational - why buy games to earn points for a service that is going away? There is no guarantee that the rewards on offer will even be anything I particularly want. But also, I have a brand new Wii U with only one game plus I'm more into my 3DS than ever so why not buy a few games? Ugh.

Also, that New Club Nintendo thing is gold.

The theory i've been seeing going around is that the closure of Club Nintendo is a prelude to Nintendo trying to properly unify their user accounts and game licenses infrastructure.

Perhaps wishful thinking.

On a scale from 1 to "goddamnit Nintendo," how screwed do we expect the people who won't manage to get in on the Mewtwo DLC for Smash Bros. before the service goes down to be?

Haha oh I guess I should make sure all my shit is handled in that regard.

On a scale from 1 to "goddamnit Nintendo," how screwed do we expect the people who won't manage to get in on the Mewtwo DLC for Smash Bros. before the service goes down to be?

It's supposed to be for sale later no matter what, much like the Hyrule Warriors pre-order costumes are now just $1 each.

If you had a PSN account active before May 15, 2011, you might be able to claim benefits from the class action lawsuit filed against Sony for the security breach they suffered in April that year.  If you can prove you were a victim of identity theft, you can get up to $2500.  Otherwise, eligible U.S. gamers (sorry Teg) can claim either one free PS3/PSP/Vita game, 3 Playstation themes, or 3 months of PS+ (provided you're not already a member).  The deadline for claims is Aug 31.  You can file a claim online at the link above.  And if anyone is suspicious of the link, I did some checking just to be sure (its the site that places like Forbes, Engadget, and IGN direct you to).

Yeah, I use Joystiq for my mostly nuts and bolts news, and then go to places like RPS, Polygon or recommendations from these forums for long form pieces or commentary.

If you had a PSN account active before May 15, 2011, you might be able to claim benefits from the class action lawsuit filed against Sony for the security breach they suffered in April that year.  If you can prove you were a victim of identity theft, you can get up to $2500.  Otherwise, eligible U.S. gamers (sorry Teg) can claim either one free PS3/PSP/Vita game, 3 Playstation themes, or 3 months of PS+ (provided you're not already a member).  The deadline for claims is Aug 31.  You can file a claim online at the link above.  And if anyone is suspicious of the link, I did some checking just to be sure (its the site that places like Forbes, Engadget, and IGN direct you to).

Hmm, I've had an SOE account for forever and a PSN account for years as well, but didn't they already pay out for this once?

They paid out once as a method of trying to appease affected people to hedge against a class action, but one happened anyways. If you submit a claim, you'll see that people who took advantage of that offer get less than those who didn't. Also, the games on offer are the exact ones they offered the first time around.

Yeah same here. Their feed is pleasantly low on fluff/clickbait articles which is hard to find these days.

I echo this sentiment, they were one of the last good gaming blogs providing a catch-all cross-section of gaming news. Definitely gonna miss it, and i'm not sure what i'll replace it with.