BigJKO

The Nintendo Wii U is Great Thread

It's not the lack of limbs for me, it's his ugly face and stupid hair.

Rayman is rad, any other opinion is objectively wrong.  If you were to time travel back to the 80s, the birth of all that is rad, and ask people if Rayman is rad, people would 100 percent confirm his radness.  I don't know how much the rest of you know about being rad (I'm an expert).

Whilst I agree that rayman is rad, 100% of people in the 80's would say 'who's rayman?', before turning up David Bowie on their Jukebox and rollerblade away, as rayman was created in 95.

Whilst I agree that rayman is rad, 100% of people in the 80's would say 'who's rayman?', before turning up David Bowie on their Jukebox and rollerblade away, as rayman was created in 95.

I think you missed the part where I said time machine.  I would be taking back rad examples of Rayman to show them, which would inherently be seen as rad.  I thought this out.  The logic is flawless.

My opinion is the same as Tegan's. It's his face. He looks like a malformed duck with stupid hair. The lack of limbs just compounds the problem, not only is he ugly as sin, he also makes no logical sense.

I seriously can't think of a video game character more grotesque than Rayman. You're welcome to provide examples, but they'll all be wrong.

Rayman? More like Radman!

The Google image search for Radman is fascinating.

My opinion is the same as Tegan's. It's his face. He looks like a malformed duck with stupid hair. The lack of limbs just compounds the problem, not only is he ugly as sin, he also makes no logical sense.

I seriously can't think of a video game character more grotesque than Rayman. You're welcome to provide examples, but they'll all be wrong.

Tingle.

post-33601-0-72474100-1403802315.jpg

I'm sorry I was with you up until now Bjorn.

Don't ever insult Tingle again.

Tingle isn't grotesque. He's just creepy.

Guess who's not there in your search for radman? The Internet has spoken.

I'm sorry I was with you up until now Bjorn.

Don't ever insult Tingle again.

To be fair, I haven't played a Zelda game since a Link to the Past.  So I've never seen Tingle in action. 

I think you missed the part where I said time machine.  I would be taking back rad examples of Rayman to show them, which would inherently be seen as rad.  I thought this out.  The logic is flawless.

phoenix-headshake.gif

No, no, no, dear Bjorn, you've gotten it all wrong, what I believe you said was 'time travel'. There was no mention of a time machine.

phoenix-document(a).gif

Time travel does not always require a device for which you need to travel back in time, as shown here in the wikipedia article for time travel:

"Non-technological forms of time travel had appeared in a number of earlier stories such as Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol."

phoenix-deskslam.gif

I put it to you that you could have easily traveled back in time without the means of a time machine! Your message could have easily been misinterpreted by the defendant thinking that you'd be merely reminiscing of when you yourself lived as a child of the 80's!

phoenix-objecting.gif

If anything, I find not only your logic, but your claims to being a rad expert unfounded!

phoenix-sheepish(a).gif

But Rayman is still rad...

Rayman is just a Moomin with invisible body parts. Seems pretty weird to me to have such an extreme opinion of the design and refuse to play — especially when the game is otherwise beautiful beyond measure.

Rayman is just a Moomin with invisible body parts. Seems pretty weird to me to have such an extreme opinion of the design and refuse to play — especially when the game is otherwise beautiful beyond measure,

:tup:

Those games are otherwise pretty, but I also find Rayman platforming really floaty and slippery, which is my primary reason for not playing those games.

Are you saying you've never avoided a game because you didn't like the art style?

Also people seem to take what I say a little too seriously. It sounds like I have an extremely strong opinion on the matter, but I'm exaggerating quite a lot!

I wish anyone who ever has worked on, is working on, or will work on the Rayman property would die a horrible and painful death for allowing that grotesque monstrosity to exist in any fashion.

wow griddlelol you sure do have extreme opinions on this subject ):

I'd say the radness factor of his 90s design, stemming from that awful Amiga look of using all colors, was completely abandoned in favor of a better design in 2.

Those games are otherwise pretty, but I also find Rayman platforming really floaty and slippery, which is my primary reason for not playing those games.

Which game? They are all competely different.

Anyway, every major Rayman game except for 3 is solid platforming. 3 is great too, it just doesn't measure up to other installments. Rayman 2 was the best platformer on 64 (and Dreamcast), not that frustrating and often tedious Mario 64 game.

EBay had their Mario bundle up for 250 again... By the time I had emailed my wife to drop a late bday gift hint it had already sold out

Good sign I suppose, bad for a deal seeker on the wiiu cusp

That's cool. You can just play as this adorable guy instead:

320px-RO-TeensieKing-Artwork.JPG

Or you could play as the SPY PRINCESS

THERE IS A SPY PRINCESS

SHE HAS GOGO BOOTS AND A TRIDENT

Yeah, within like 5 seconds of starting the game, it offered me the chance to switch characters. Also, I like Rayman anyway.

Who doesn't like Rayman? He's rad!

wow griddlelol you sure do have extreme opinions on this subject ):

I think you took me out of context there.

I played the demo last night, it's actually a pretty rad game. Seemed pretty easy though. The challenge was in collecting things through the level, but even that wasn't particularly hard.