BigJKO

The Nintendo Wii U is Great Thread

I'm torn on WWHD. I've beaten the original WW 3 times (well 2 and the last one I got to ganon and stopped) so I don't feel like I need to get that game. It's incredibly cheap everywhere though and WW is my favourite Zelda, and probably in my top 5 games of all time too. Might just get it to see if my girlfriend will be interested. Plus it looks gorgeous.

Zombie U? Anyone played it? I've read mixed stuff. A lot of people say it's pretty bad, but there is occasionally an advocate who says it's like a zombie dark souls (specifically Patrick Klepek from Giantbomb). I've seen it used for about £3.

I bought ZombiU new for €4.99. I don't have a Wii U yet, but from what I've heard it's still one of the best arguments for the Gamepad. It'd be rude not to for the price of a pint.

With Mario Kart being released I'm getting pretty jealous. Think I'll have to wait until xmas but the games are coming, slowly. I want E3 to be packed with weird gamepad shit. And I want them to release a red one. Or matte purple.

I got ZombiiU and it's good fun. Played like an hour or 2 of the singleplayer and got bored, but it's pretty neat.

The Multiplayer is great fun though. It's local 1v1 capture the flag. The player with the pad has a tower defense esq thing where they place zombies to capture and defend the flag. The player with the controller plays an FPS on the screen where he also has to capture the flags. It's pretty great fun.

Also my three choices are Sonic lost worlds, Sonic and mario at the olympic games and wii party u. Anyone know anything about these titles? Leaning towards olympic games because at least it'll be fun?

Yes, saved replays that you can tinker with to slow down or (I'll hazard a guess) speed up.

Yeah, it saves a replay of highlights for each match! You can't speed it up, though (I think?!)

So after proclaiming Nintendo was dead about 2 weeks ago, yesterday i was seriously flirting with the idea of getting a Wii U :wacko: What a difference 2 weeks and a few gif's of a kart racing game makes.

All us late 20, early 30 year old's played the shit out of either the SNES or N64 Mario kart and this is pressing some serious nostalgia buttons. They haven't fucked about with it like double dash, just make us the same game using today technology and we'll lap that shit up.

Actually, the biggest reason why i started think about getting a Wii U is because of the summer gaming drought. The reality may not be as bad as it seems now, but it does feel like im looking at 3 months with almost nothing to play. If i got a Wii U i could catch up on all those Wii and Wii U games i'v missed out on by not owning a Nintendo console for like 8 years, so i did some research and found there's only like 3 games that i've missed that i'd care to play, can't really justify a console purchase on that. Nintendo are so dead

Yeah, it saves a replay of highlights for each match! You can't speed it up, though (I think?!)

You can speed it up.

Also Mington, Double Dash is the best. Best levels, best roster, and the two player element to the karts meant that it had some hidden depth to the tactics of the game. The unique specials for each character is something that I missed sorely.

What I do like about Mario Kart 8 is that you get a stamp for every time you come first overall in a cup per character, which means I've obsessively won a cup with every character. Roselina is my favorite so far. I'm doing much better with the heavy classes than I used to, as I always favored the light classes.

ieWvNy6maDnBU.gif

I played double dash with one of those steering wheel wii mote peripherals, i felt like a right dingbat

LimitedFreshAdeliepenguin.gif

Wyld Stallyns RULE

TestyNeedyDugong.gif

Double Dash was the Gamecube game so I don't know how you played it with the Wii remote at all.

oh

Theres been two Mario Kart games between this and the Mario Kart 64 :blink: Damn. Unsurprisingly called Mario kart Wii

I remember Mario Kart Wii being one of the biggest disappointments of my entire gaming life. I don't know what I expecting as I knew the Wii was practically a GameCube horsepower-wise, but after years of playing the magnificent Double Dash I was so hyped for its successor.

I guess the graphics moving on does matter when it comes to Nintendo games. There's a serious joy to seeing the same franchises looking better and better, which combined with the derivative yet somehow fresh gameplay makes for a wonderful experience.

Mario Kart Wii is pretty much universally lambasted, as far as I know.

Mario Kart Wii is pretty much universally lambasted, as far as I know.

Which is crazy, it was one of the best online console games of last gen. Chris Kohler kinda shouted about it and gave people the impression that his POV was universal.

I don't read Chris Kohler's writing or listen to his talking. I just know all of my friends hated it and I remember a general feeling of discontent across the internet.

I personally hated it, to the point where I skipped MK7 altogether because I figured it would be just as terrible.

Mario Kart DS was the shit though. I liked to play as ROB.