MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

Just in case anybody is waiting on white listings, Squid's not ignoring you, he's just busy (lazy) trying to adjust to his new hipster lifestyle in Seattle.

WTF just happend!?

I was killed by an invisible zombie which hurled me about 50 blocks... and now the server is gone!?

Looks like the memory maxed out randomly. I reset it so it should be good, let me know if anyone has any performance problems.

Note: Instead of filling up the thread telling people I've added them, I've just been PM'ing them, so don't be afraid to ask for whitelist privileges.

I had a major score while spelunking below the city, so the stable has 2 saddles and iron horse armor for anyone interested. You can try your luck in finding a horse to the south west of the city.

I'd like to join - johnnyyaya. That said, I haven't posted here much (so I'm in the bukkit brigade?). I'm not sure if this gives me any juice, but I have been watching this thread for what I think is close to 2 years.

I made an Enchanting table and I decided that the north east corner where the nether portal is could be a nice big tower.  That way we can have a portal to hell, and our enchanting in the tower, and we could clean up some of the hectic grass in that area.

But the tower is big, it's requiring a lot of stone bricks, and a lot of time.  Feel free to help out if you think you can make it better.

Also while clearing away the space, I came upon someone's underground build where they buried their Hopes and Regrets.  It was so confusing, and for a while I was wondering if Mojang had added new structure spawning to the game.  I'm sorry we knocked a few holes in the wall, but if it's any consolation it was really interesting for the 3 of us online at the time.  If you want, we can try to find a way to build the tower around your tomb.

Also while clearing away the space, I came upon someone's underground build where they buried their Hopes and Regrets.  It was so confusing, and for a while I was wondering if Mojang had added new structure spawning to the game.  I'm sorry we knocked a few holes in the wall, but if it's any consolation it was really interesting for the 3 of us online at the time.  If you want, we can try to find a way to build the tower around your tomb.

Nah, it's cool, I was just trying to makes something interesting to excavate. It's nice to hear that its intended purpose was achieved. Thanks.

if you could add my friend "Aiieve" to the whitelist, that'd be great (but its fine if you don't want to)

So I guess mobs have pathfinding now.

I went thousands of cubes away from spawn searching for a jungle biome. I never found one. Deciding to head back, I needed to tunnel down and find redstone to make a compass. In a chasm underground, 4 zombies lurched out of a cavern. I retreated across a single-block wide bridge, and assumed the zombies would run straight at me, falling into the chasm below. NO. They turned, crossed the bridge and deftly ran along the ledge I was standing on and killed me.

So, yeah. Life finds a way.

Yes, there's some path finding. But zombies are still dump and take the shortest route. So, make a bridge with water on in, and a bridge further away without water.

My worst moment of today was a midget zombie which spawned in the mob spawner below the city. It killed me by surprise (because there was only 1 block open). When I returned that damn zombie had my sword. I survived it with only 1 heart left.

I've been mapping the area quite a bit (currently working on a zoom level 3 map (I think)). To the far east, and a bit to the south there is another village with villagers. I've locked them in, so they shouldn't go anywhere.

3H4RZc1.png?1

Red circle = city

Red X ~= vilagers

yeah the west is much closer, i brought the cows from over there.  Also i locked at least 2 villagers away safely.

ok... so desert temples are booby-traped. apparently I was lucky the first time. If this was Spelunky I would have been dead.

ive been taking the occasional screenshot of the town just to have some reference of it changing:

b7FozJV.gif

Fuck... it happened again. Killed by an invisible zombie, and this time I did loose awesome stuff. I had half a map on a very high zoom level.

I did find an extra villager city quite a bit south from the city, but there were a lot of villagers and it was reachable over land alone.

And still no classical idle thumbs elements on the server.

Well there's that penis in the background!

I've been building a thing in secret when no one else is on the server. Well, elmuerte was on once. I need lots of glass...

Fuck, I don't know if I can resist the Minecraft temptation any longer.

Can I get whitelisted? I think my Minecraft name is xXZeusthecatXx.

I started building a replica of my actual house just outside the walls, but so far all that exists is a wood floor that I'm probably going to have to remove.

Next there will be issues with dodgey wiring. Amirite?