MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

protip: you can run both versions easily by having the 1.1 and 1.2 bin folders both in your minecraft directory. just name the one you're not using binadsfsdfsdf or something until you want to use it, then swap the names.

legal issues?!

edit: oh, I see. They are license ignorant. They tried to license the main bukkit stuff as GPL, but that's not possible as GPL is not compatible with minecraft's license.

I've been working on some personal projects and I have no time right now! It is weird to feel a sense of obligation to a video game like this. It is prolly not healthy. I have never played MMORPGs, but I suspect this is something similar to what MMORPGers feel often when they decide to have a life.

I know a lot of us have been digging at bedrock level, but I've found 12-16 z to be the most profitable area by far. Use /getpos to see your height. Iron and diamonds everywhere.

I've been working on some personal projects and I have no time right now! It is weird to feel a sense of obligation to a video game like this. It is prolly not healthy. I have never played MMORPGs, but I suspect this is something similar to what MMORPGers feel often when they decide to have a life.

I'm just the same. Really it sounds more like everyones been on but me.

Damn, client update, gonna have to rollback to 1.1 again.

And minecraft.net is down. So much for that.

Edited by Squid Division

I decided to play 1 player and found something I'd never seen before: A weird, flaming cage with a mini zombie spinning around in it. It was apparently some kind of spawn point. Anyone seen that before?

I decided to play 1 player and found something I'd never seen before: A weird, flaming cage with a mini zombie spinning around in it. It was apparently some kind of spawn point. Anyone seen that before?

yeah monster spawners have always been in the game. a long time ago, they used to have the monster pictures, which were taken out, and then put back in again

yeah monster spawners have always been in the game. a long time ago, they used to have the monster pictures, which were taken out, and then put back in again

Ah. I hit it with a pickaxe.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Yeah, that's pretty much why I stopped playing Minecraft multiplayer the moment I started feeling a bit of obligation. And why I don't play MMORPGs. This summer I was quite addicted to Mount&Blade multiplayer, which doesn't even have any of this obligation inducing stuff (unless you're in a clan I guess).

Yeah, that's pretty much why I stopped playing Minecraft multiplayer the moment I started feeling a bit of obligation. And why I don't play MMORPGs. This summer I was quite addicted to Mount&Blade multiplayer, which doesn't even have any of this obligation inducing stuff (unless you're in a clan I guess).

Yeah, I'm happy to let everyone else keep building the world for a while before I go back. Spent too many days in that world now.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

protip: you can run both versions easily by having the 1.1 and 1.2 bin folders both in your minecraft directory. just name the one you're not using binadsfsdfsdf or something until you want to use it, then swap the names.

What Minecraft directory? I just downloaded a small executable... It never installed anything, AFAIK.

there is a .minecraft directory in your user folder. Both the browser version and the downloadable executable stash game assets in there.

So, is there continued interest in keeping the server running? It sort of sounds like people are getting tired of it, and nobody's logged on since the 22nd.

I was thinking about trying to install Craftbukkit (the bukkit dev build) to see how it goes, but if nobody's playing, there's probably little point in bothering.

So, is there continued interest in keeping the server running? It sort of sounds like people are getting tired of it, and nobody's logged on since the 22nd.

I was thinking about trying to install Craftbukkit (the bukkit dev build) to see how it goes, but if nobody's playing, there's probably little point in bothering.

Eh? I think we're all waiting to be able to log in... Is it working now?

Edit: No, still can't log in.

post-94-13375603329054_thumb.jpg

I could go either way. i stopped trying to play when i would downgrade to connect, spend 10 minutes connecting, play for an hour, and then it would download another update, causing me to downgrade again, spend another 10 minutes logging in, and so on.

if craftbukkit works, i'll play it. if you decide to kill it, that would be okay too, as long as the world is made available to download (i've grown fairly fond of it)

ideally though, MP would start working again and people would still be interested in playing it. i have plenty of things i'd still like to do

Yup, the reason I haven't logged in is because I was waiting for a new build. Go for it I say

What are we talking about here? We all want to play in the world we've spent hours creating, yes? We just can't login without downgrading the client, and none of us can be bothered to do that anymore.

Nobody is say let's scrap the world, right? We just want the server to be compatible with the latest client.