MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

It's a whole separate world folder from the usual 'thumbs' world.

Also: server should be stable enough to use now. Let me know if you run into issues. You may see some admin commands cluttering up /help, which I'm hoping will be fixed later today.

Also, /world is still disabled, but I'll try to fix that when I have a moment today.

Ech... you see one difficult to navigate CI system, you've seen them all.

But Hudson died. It was killed by the oracle. Hudson reincarnated as Jenkins.

ooohh.... netherworld... I've never see that stuff. Looking forward to it.

But Hudson died. It was killed by the oracle. Hudson reincarnated as Jenkins.

Nobody killed Hudson, Jenkins is just a fork. It remains to be seen how well Hudson fares in the future, though.

I didn't think they would work in SMP but apparently they do. I guess everybody has to use them at the same time? But if you're the only one online then it's not a big deal. I wonder if other people get a message when you're trying to sleep?

Ah that's actually really useful when I jump on at night to work on stuff a little. Can you put beds side-by-side? From the pictures I saw they look like they're only 1 block wide which is kind of weird.

I didn't think they would work in SMP but apparently they do. I guess everybody has to use them at the same time? But if you're the only one online then it's not a big deal. I wonder if other people get a message when you're trying to sleep?

SERVER MESSAGE : KIDS, TIME TO GO TO BED, ELMUERTE'S TRYING TO SLEEP NOW !

hmpf... no fair.. I'm actually trying to connect... mc.net doesn't respond ..

I had that problem intermittently last night trying to test the new setup. Eventually it just started working. minecraft.net/game also works, more or less.

Also: Haven't had a chance to switch on the nether thing yet. Ended up busier today than I expected. I'll be home late tonight and will take a crack at it then.

Either my chunks are loading incredibly slowly (hurrrr), or the server is lagging. Because I got about 40 blocks in every direction loaded and then WHABAM, error, disconnect. Hmmm.

Edit: Definitely lag. I jumped into the subway by jumping out into the void and landing back in what had loaded. Took the damage and died three minutes later. Not sure what's going on.

Either my chunks are loading incredibly slowly (hurrrr), or the server is lagging. Because I got about 40 blocks in every direction loaded and then WHABAM, error, disconnect. Hmmm.

Edit: Definitely lag. I jumped into the subway by jumping out into the void and landing back in what had loaded. Took the damage and died three minutes later. Not sure what's going on.

I just restarted the server several times, I may not have noticed you were joining :(

I just updated two plugins to try and fix some other issues, see if it's either better or worse now.

It seems to be loading faster now, and it may just be my texture pack, but I'll keep playing and see, as it's still relatively slow.

I'm assuming it's lag, because I'm taking damage ages after I do the action that would cause it. And I just teleported some two hundred feet back. So. . .dunno! Wish I could tell ya more, Doug.

It seems to be loading faster now, and it may just be my texture pack, but I'll keep playing and see, as it's still relatively slow.

I'm assuming it's lag, because I'm taking damage ages after I do the action that would cause it. And I just teleported some two hundred feet back. So. . .dunno! Wish I could tell ya more, Doug.

I think I see the issue... looks like the disk is full, which is interesting because it was at 17% this morning. Looking into it now. That would explain why it only manifests sometimes, presumably when the game tries to write state to disk.

Aha, I forgot about c10t when I updated the server. Looks like it completely panicked over the new chunk format and created a 40GB swap file for some reason. Map generation is going to be disabled until c10t is updated.

Also: It seems that running out of disk space caused some chunk corruption on the server, so I'm restoring the world file from last night. Since the disk was full all day, I don't think we should have any lost work.

Looks good now, let me know how it's working for you. (Note: Your position at login will have been reset to where you were before last night). If you lost any inventory, let me know and I'll replace it.

Turning on Frame Limiter also seemed to alleviate the problem, so I can only imagine something somewhere went wrong, and can't begin to guess what. Thanks for the excellent tech support Doug. :P