MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

So I've finally come up with an idea on what to do with my massive dome. Unfortunately I am busy with work, so It'll take me years if I try and do it on my own.

Now Hiring Contractors for:

- Hollowing the base into a lower hemisphere.

- finish creating a water wall around the outer perimeter.

Future Work:

- Construct wooden building outside of one of the walls to allow entry.

- build cobble stone archway connecting entry way and interior

- Once lower hemisphere constructed construct glass flooring.

-Grand Central staircase down to bedrock allow access to all floors bellow dome.

For now the upper hemisphere will be left alone, I am still considering options for it.

hmm, well if it's going to be a half-sphere and I think the dome is 89 tiles across. It will need to be 44 or 45 layers deep. Here, this image will give you an idea of what it will probably need to be like. just focus on everything after the yellow square.

scaled.php?tn=0&server=615&filename=oib.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

Man, you contractors.:( You know your work would be getting less as you go down right?

what, just come in one block per layer down? because if i have to look at charts then no way, jose.

also the damn sand caved in on one side and i fell to my death. i should sue for hazardous work conditions. :shifty:

what, just come in one block per layer down? because if i have to look at charts then no way, jose.

also the damn sand caved in on one side and i fell to my death. i should sue for hazardous work conditions. :shifty:

I would site the 1909 Connecticut Supreme Court case of Hoxie v. The New Haven Railroad, in which presidence was established and determined a brakeman cannot sue his employer for compensation if a leg is lost in the line of duty.

Jennoa Holdings Intl., absolves itself of any fault in this matter.

As the self-appointed Universal Labor Agitator Laureate, I feel it is my duty to point out that 1909—in addition to falling smack in the middle of the golden age of child labor, when all decent people were commies—is way before there were any non-summarily-squelched labor organizational attempts in the US (ACLU was created in 1920), and a good 60 years before OSHA was established. Might as well find a precedent from before the Emancipation Proclamation to support your cruel robber baron ways.

Besides, OSHA is shockingly toothless as it is—having handed out a ludicrously small number of proper criminal offenses against corporations in the past 40 years, so just take that and be happy.

You should at least provide a safe place for your workers to spend the night, armor while they're working on your stuff, and some means of recuperation (i.e. food). It is only fair!

Also, among your many crimes against humanity falls the following: it is "cite" and "precedence" not "site" and "presidence".

For the sake of convenience, I connected Jennoa's dome up to Haven's backyard, via a tunnel. Walk out the door in the community chest level, go right, and follow the path 'til you find the entrance. It's just past a tree on your left.

For the sake of convenience, I connected Jennoa's dome up to Haven's backyard, via a tunnel. Walk out the door in the community chest level, go right, and follow the path 'til you find the entrance. It's just past a tree on your left.

This should be converted to a train at everyone's earliest convenience, for no reason.

Also, among your many crimes against humanity falls the following: it is "cite" and "precedence" not "site" and "presidence".

Well my face is red.

I noticed that tunnel and wondered who had done it.

I agree with Jake, a train must be fashioned to cruise those subterranean tunnels

This should be converted to a train at everyone's earliest convenience, for no reason.

I built a VERY simple one directional train in that tunnel, FROM spawn, TO jennoa's. if someone wants to improve it later, with a launcher or proper station, go ahead obviously. I used almost all of my iron reserves making hundreds of pieces of track.

also be careful because apparently that grassy area outside of the community chest leading to the tunnel IS NOT SAFE from monsters, as evidenced by the creeper/zombie combo that left me minus several stacks of track and an entire set of diamond tools. I'm not amused by that loss.

Sorry, that was me. Legitimate drunk minecrafting. I'm really sorry about that. Wont happen again. If you need any help with repairs let me know.

We need some PSA's on this subject. Do any celebrities play minecraft?

We need some PSA's on this subject. Do any celebrities play minecraft?

"I really wanted to see the top of the bridge, so I thought I would be helpful and make a secret staircase whose only undocumented entrance is underwater, by destroying the existing foundation. I realized this was a bad idea when I finished, and told myself I'd fix it when I was done looking around, but went to sleep instead. Don't make my mistakes!"

also be careful because apparently that grassy area outside of the community chest leading to the tunnel IS NOT SAFE from monsters, as evidenced by the creeper/zombie combo that left me minus several stacks of track and an entire set of diamond tools. I'm not amused by that loss.

they must be spawning on the tree tops then. Or did you walk too close to the fence?

No I didn't, I was actually not doing anything.

I think an anvil fell on the server

hahah i was idling too, watching The Right Stuff. maybe we weren't working hard enough :erm:

so while the server's busy being broken, i finally managed to get my custom water working :tup:

post-2506-13375603327054_thumb.png

Edited by a purple future

Not sure what happened, but I restarted the server process and it seems fine now.