MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

My train thingy project isn't going well. Or at least, not working out as planned.

Yes to mobs.

(Vote Yes!! on prop mobs)

Maybe the next train network we build can be above ground? We can build a bridge that stands four or five blocks above the countryside, so that it is relatively mob-proof.

Yes to mobs.

(Vote Yes!! on prop mobs)

Maybe the next train network we build can be above ground? We can build a bridge that stands four or five blocks above the countryside, so that it is relatively mob-proof.

I have been contemplating moving any new JR lines I make above ground.

As for mobs :tmeh:

I made the line to the winterwonderland area underground because I thought it was fun, but I had imagined that as minecarts got less sucky there would be a variety of above and underground lines.

Also minecarts should clearly kill zombies.

Also also, I am pro monstar. I'm also pro-expedition to find a new more interesting spawn, but a new world would also be fine.

Making subways is kinda fun. I couldn't recreate the boosting mechanism from the Wonderland line, so I came up with my own that's simple and pretty solid.

People need to come back and repopulate the world. c'mon!

People need to come back and repopulate the world. c'mon!
It is looking like I will not have practically any free time between now and January. Maybe in 2011 I will play games.

Tarring the map folder is erroring out on me and I don't have the free brain cycles needed to dedicate to the task of figuring out what is a good server-side mapmaking solution. If anyone knows of any that will run in the Linux environment, propose them and I will try to set it up.

Tarring the map folder is erroring out on me and I don't have the free brain cycles needed to dedicate to the task of figuring out what is a good server-side mapmaking solution. If anyone knows of any that will run in the Linux environment, propose them and I will try to set it up.

I left you a .tar.bz2 in your home directory :)

For the record, from the service directory:

tar jcvf ~/thumbs_`date +%Y%m%d`.tar.bz2 thumbs

Edited by tabacco

I vote yes for mobs only if the spawn is moved a huge distance away from Thumbopia (maybe with a vague clue about Thumbopia's direction from the new spawn). Double yes if you can put the difficulty at hard.

Hey jennoa, I tried to rebuild the outbound booster at the downtown Wonderland line station, and it mostly works, but for some reason the switch won't flip back after the redstone turns off, so the booster carts end up just looping around the track endlessly. Could you take a look?

(My goal was to reduce the time to launch by flipping the booster around, which did work, at least :))

Dammit, was moving a bucket of lava and closed my inventory too early, so my wooded suite erupted into flames, roasting my flesh, and melting all my diamond tools.

Anyway, mobs seem to have a lot of support.

Hey jennoa, I tried to rebuild the outbound booster at the downtown Wonderland line station, and it mostly works, but for some reason the switch won't flip back after the redstone turns off, so the booster carts end up just looping around the track endlessly. Could you take a look?

(My goal was to reduce the time to launch by flipping the booster around, which did work, at least :))

I haven't had a time to look at it yet, but I can tell you exactly why it doesn't work. The way track pieces connect is dependent on the direction they face. basically a T connection of track will always curve west or south if given the option.

I use this behavior to form my 3/4 loop back track then exploit it with redstone to force an east bound curve, then once the power from the switch turns off it reverts back to normal west / default curve.

Hmm, so since I basically flipped it along its axis the first time, would the solution then be to also flip it perpendicular to its axis (essentially, moving the booster carts to the other side of the one permanent cart)?

Hmm, so since I basically flipped it along its axis the first time, would the solution then be to also flip it perpendicular to its axis (essentially, moving the booster carts to the other side of the one permanent cart)?

Yeah, if you align it so that it sits North / South, it will be fine

My masterpiece is done. The utilitarian in me wants to turn it into a metro station to connect near/at Wonderline. It's the Kazanskiy Sobor in St. Petersburg, Russia. KazanskiySobor.jpg

--------------

MONSTERS?!

Also the beta is coming soon, for whatever it's worth.

Very Impressive. You should use it as transportation hub. Elevated train, boat canal, and scenic walkway.

these booster tracks are difficult

Yeah, and rife with unknown bugs that lead to all sorts of inconsistent behavior.

Squid_Division and I got a subway line built out to his new development. There's an outbound booster, but not an inbound (yet) and the far end station isn't done yet. From the spawn, take the outbound Wonderland line and transfer at Wonderland station to the Winter line.