MrHoatzin

Mein Thumbcraft—IdleT Dedicated Minecraft Server

Doug! Stop being a wet blanket and turn on mobs.

Erwin! Man, your chateau and house on haunted hill are amazing. I visited both at night time, astoundingly good stuff.

Also, fuck your maze.

yep, I made those

My apologies. Erwin just had the sign on his chateau so I assumed.

Still very awesome, still fuck your maze. Good gods.

Today was a sad day, for all I saw across the SMP landscape was "Outdated," "Outdated," Outdated."

to what?

what?

wait?

can we restart? with all the cool stuff and things.

he says he fixed the item dupe feature bug so if we wanted to restart, now's as good a time as any.

i got laid off again so i'll have some free time starting next week... :blink:

he says he fixed the item dupe feature bug so if we wanted to restart, now's as good a time as any.

i got laid off again so i'll have some free time starting next week... :blink:

;( ;( ;(

I would like to look around this world once more before we trash it.

eh, as mentioned before we could always just move the spawn to some faraway place (provided it doesn't overburden the server if the map is too big)

i just want to play proper survival multiplayer minecraft. set up monster traps and farms for food. actual material rarity would give a reason to work/play.

eh, as mentioned before we could always just move the spawn to some faraway place (provided it doesn't overburden the server if the map is too big)

i just want to play proper survival multiplayer minecraft. set up monster traps and farms for food. actual material rarity would give a reason to work/play.

I think it's probably time to Slide to a new world. Though I will miss my trains.

I think it's probably time to Slide to a new world. Though I will miss my trains.

Just think how much better we'd be having them from the start.

I'm up for anything with mobs. Moving or resetting would give us back that natural, lived-in/amateur feeling the first server had, I think.

Restarting, specially considering cloning has been fixed, will give us a neutral starting point.

Kudos for a Sliders reference.

Just think how much better we'd be having them from the start.

I do like the idea of a centralized, massive train hub

It should be above it, a few blocks above ground.

Underground trains are hard to get out of in random places of interest. Also, I have an idea of how to make a transit station that allows one to hop on the main tracks in either direction without interfering with the through traffic at all. Basically a little Ω-shaped loop with a booster loop and a couple of switches (one for the booster loop release and the other for the direction in which you want to go) that drops your cart on top of the existing tracks.

That would be kindof neat.

Do you think we'll get enough iron for tracks without the duping exploit?

I'm in favor of a fresh start or a spawn move. I'd like to try SMP like that.

We still have admins if the public works get too epic for honest mining. I would still prefer to see it done the hard way, with people donating their ore for train purposes, etc. If we get more friendlies on the server, it shouldn't be too hard to pull off.