Kolzig

Nintendo 3DS

Is that a US offer only? The only specials I heard about in the EU region are the Pikachu edition and the upcoming Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter bundles. If there was a cool 3DS XL with Luigi and Mario in the same package for a reasonable price, I'd go for it.

On the other hand, perhaps waiting for E3 to see if Nintendo unveils a new iteration of the machine might the prudent choice. After all, for me it's merely an upgrade, I can wait.

Is that a US offer only? The only specials I heard about in the EU region are the Pikachu edition and the upcoming Fire Emblem and Monster Hunter bundles. If there was a cool 3DS XL with Luigi and Mario in the same package for a reasonable price, I'd go for it.

It's a Club Nintendo thing, but I think it's just for North American Club Nintendo. I'm using it to get either Professor Layton or Art Academy, myself.

Oh right, just like we in EU had a 'buy a 3DS before January and download any of these fine games'. Makes sense. I just ordered Layton And His Miracle Mask from an online shop (along with Heart of the Swarm CE and the book 1822). I'm effectively skipping the fourth Layton game, but there's no getting round that, it's still crazy expensive (45 euros, whereas MM is costing me 30). Weird.

Oh hey, i didn't realize that Nano Assault EX was already on the eShop. This new version has CPP support and a new survival mode. Hopefully the crash bugs from the retail version have been fixed too.

Also, has anybody played Tokyo Crash Mobs, Mitchell's weird spiritual successor to Puzz Loop/Magnetica? I have some e-bucks on my 3DS, but i'm torn between that and Nano Assault EX.

EO4 related question:

I just got far enough into the game to unlock subclassing, and having not played one of these games before, i'm having trouble wrapping my brain around what any good combos would be.

I'm probably going to subclass my Landsknecht as a Rune Master for the TP and element bonuses, but i'm stuck on choosing for what anybody else should be. (I've been playing with one character for each class, and i've just been mixing my party up as i go.)

Luigi's Mansion 2 has gotten some great reviews. I loved the first one but wasn't sure if I needed a second one, but the reviews got me excited for it again.

I'll let the reviews decide whether Luigi's Mansion 2 is something I need to have or not. It's definitely the sort of curious Nintendo title that I want them to be developing right now, rather than another New Super Mario Bros.

I've been keeping my own expectations in check regarding Luigi's Mansion 2, but it looks like i didn't need to worry, because people seem genuinely quite thrilled with it.

Yesterday I tried the demo of Harmo Knight (by Gamefreak, their next project that isn't Pokemon), and it took me less than five minutes to understand I was going to buy this delicious, well-constructed, fun game. What an entirely convincing experience! Will be in the eShop this week, I'm guessing for a price of around 15 Euro Zone Cash.

I didn't really like it, but autorunners have never really done anything for me.

I did buy Tokyo Crash Mobs, i'm having fun with that.

It's Mitchell doing their Puzz Loop thing, but actually putting a few new spins on it, some new mechanics. It plays well, it's a fun puzzle game.

It's kind of overshadowed by how much of a self-aware weird-japanese-thing it tries to be. It's a game about throwing japanese people at other japanese people so you can... cut in line, i guess? The game has a weird misanthropic streak as it calls the targets "scenesters" and a successfully made match a "clique". There's also a branching FMV storyline that... seems to be about depression and mental illness?

All in the context of it being barely coherent, loud, bubbly, and bright.

It's a charmingly odd puzzle game, i think i'd recommend it.

I'm really starting to get annoyed with the Street Pass puzzles and the lack of available pink puzzle pieces. I have like 15 incomplete puzzles now, and the pieces just keep increasing. The only way to get the rest of the puzzles is to hope you meet enough unique people or that someone else you regularly pass is doing it for you, and then hoping you get the random blue pieces by wasting a ton of play coins. You chances of completing anything decreases the more puzzles you have incomplete.

So what the fuck Nintendo? These puzzles pieces are most obviously working as a promotional tool, but do you not want us to see your fucking promotion ever? I haven't seen a new 3D scene from a complete puzzle for like 9 months now, probably some people much less.

Bunch  of assholes.

I'm using them for Find Mii 2 constantly, and I've been resetting the time multiple times a day to rack them up.

Issue is, they are pointless to use on puzzles unless I had all pink pieces, since they can only be obtained by passing the right people. More often than not, when I pass someone, I'm the gold mine of puzzles pieces.

I tried to buy Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate last night but my SD card was too small. I needed ~14000 blocks total, but didn't have enough space to free up and keep the games I was still playing. How big are blocks? I'm sure I could Google it. WHATEVER. I'm just mad I couldn't get the game when I decided I wanted it.

I'm really starting to get annoyed with the Street Pass puzzles and the lack of available pink puzzle pieces. I have like 15 incomplete puzzles now, and the pieces just keep increasing. The only way to get the rest of the puzzles is to hope you meet enough unique people or that someone else you regularly pass is doing it for you, and then hoping you get the random blue pieces by wasting a ton of play coins. You chances of completing anything decreases the more puzzles you have incomplete.

So what the fuck Nintendo? These puzzles pieces are most obviously working as a promotional tool, but do you not want us to see your fucking promotion ever? I haven't seen a new 3D scene from a complete puzzle for like 9 months now, probably some people much less.

Bunch  of assholes.

Just go to a Gamestop. I guarantee that half the clerks will have every puzzle completed. It's like Nintendo devised the most devious possible way of getting me to go to Gamestop every week or two.

I want to get Luigi's Mansion so bad. I bought the XL with the intention of getting the Luigi's Mansion/Pokémon Mystery Dungeon deal, but I'm flat broke and the amazon gift card I've been saving since Christmas is just a few dollars short of the full price.

I started Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. On the on hand, it's a good upgrade. The polygonal models are a lot better and less jarring than I had feared, and scanning the 3D environments is pretty impressive, visually. On the other hands, I've been playing for 1,5 hour and I've only done six puzzles so far. It feels a lot slower in pace and more explanatory than earlier games, which is frightening. Coming from the eminently amazing Unwound Future, it'll have to sweat to prove itself.

Wait Miracle Mask is 3D?! Found a video, it's kind of strange and I'm a little sad the 2D graphics for the in game stuff will be gone when I get to that game.

But yeah, I'm playing Unwound Future right now on and off, and I've also noticed the puzzles have been few and far apart. I don't remember this happening in Diabolical Box or Curious Village, it's almost as if the beginning is weighed down with lots of story with very little puzzles. I don't know if this means I'll have a disproportionately large amount of puzzles to play later or what?

I felt the same about the switch (also in the upcoming Phoenix Wright games), but now that I see it it's pretty faithfully done and has a charm of its own. Don't fear.

I started Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask. On the on hand, it's a good upgrade. The polygonal models are a lot better and less jarring than I had feared, and scanning the 3D environments is pretty impressive, visually. On the other hands, I've been playing for 1,5 hour and I've only done six puzzles so far. It feels a lot slower in pace and more explanatory than earlier games, which is frightening. Coming from the eminently amazing Unwound Future, it'll have to sweat to prove itself.

This is my wife's impression as well. I got her the game as a birthday gift without paying attention to the box, which meant she subsequently bought herself a 3DS as a second birthday gift. Ho-hum.

I had to get past a level in mario for my housemates two nieces last night. They stood beside me telling me what to do. I had to tell them I've been playing mario a lot longer than them. The 3D was pretty snazzy looking.

This is my wife's impression as well. I got her the game as a birthday gift without paying attention to the box, which meant she subsequently bought herself a 3DS as a second birthday gift. Ho-hum.

You gave the gift of having to spend more money. Fortunately, on impeccable hardware.