Sleepdance

Good Old GOG

Surely the king of RTS was Z.

True, and MAX absolutely wasn't.

Even Beasts & Bumpkins was better than MAX.

The words Beasts & Bumpkins and KKND are just setting memories firing in my brain that haven't come up for years. It's wonderful and a little sad.

I also played Seven Kingdoms and its sequel the Fryhtan Wars a fair bit. That wasn't terrible. Sort of.

Not true, but it makes things easier.

I loved that game, but the last level sucked.

Dungeon Keeper 2 and Wing Commander 1+2 are here to stay.

http://www.gog.com/en/news/the_great_ea_classics_are_back

Six more coming in the pipeline. Propably still no System Shock, but seems like Wing Commander 3, 4 and maybe Prophecy could be coming up.

I wonder if these are now the talkie versions, I know that the talkie version exists at least of WC2. Also there are some special missions that were in the Deluxe edition of WC2 that I have somewhere.

Kolzig, it's probably.

Sorry. I'm going to be an English teacher in a year. :o

Awesome! I'm going to be an English teacher in 2 years! Start my practicum in a couple of months! Hooray for teaching!

Hah, mine totally ate up my life for its entire duration. Teaching is pretty great, though.

I'll be teaching English as a Second Language, so it's a bit different.

Kolzig, it's probably.

Gahhh, I always make that same mistake. You are not first to correct me on that word! :)

I doubt I will ll ever learn my lesson, the wrong way seems to come from my subconscious.

Dungeon Keeper 2 and Wing Commander 1+2 are here to stay.

http://www.gog.com/en/news/the_great_ea_classics_are_back

Six more coming in the pipeline. Propably still no System Shock, but seems like Wing Commander 3, 4 and maybe Prophecy could be coming up.

I wonder if these are now the talkie versions, I know that the talkie version exists at least of WC2. Also there are some special missions that were in the Deluxe edition of WC2 that I have somewhere.

System Shock has been available to download for years and years in a special package that runs on modern machines. I've mentioned it before:

http://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=211.0

Make sure you go into the options and enable everything, one-by-one, and then set the game to 1024x768 in the in game menu options. (That's if you want mouse-look, etc.)

Today's promo seems to have been designed to make me suffer. I want it, all of it, and I haven't got the cash.

Mind you, the Sega sale on Steam is mighty tempting also. I'm in that place, where I know I want the games but am also partially grateful I don't have the cash to get them because I don't have the time, either...

Still, play them in my honour, or something. Yell "FOR KROMS!!!" when you slaughter your first rebellion or your first demon bastard. Or don't. It's all cool.

I'm rambling. :blink:

I've been meaning to play through IWD2 soon. I've beaten BGII some 60-ish times, so I need to get the rest of the Infinity Engine completely ingrained in my psyche.

I'll stab a frost worm for you.

It reminded me that I own both Baldur's Gate games and prompted me to start playing the first one tonight. I bought them on reputation, having been 11 when BG came out and not knowing about it, and man is the tight camera ever bugging the hell out of me. Those who have lots of experience with the infinity engine, is there a way to zoom out or even rotate the damn camera? It's driving me crazy. None of the other archaic elements of the game are actually bothering me at all, but I wish I could see what the hell was going on around me better.

If you own both of them, have a look at the GOG forums. There should be something about BGTutu, which is a mod/program/thing that converts BG1 to the BG2 engine. It is wonderful.

Can't you just set the resolution higher, it displays more of the game rather than render differently (does that make sense).

i replayed BG2 a while back, but my game bugged in the underdark so that my party would pause every few steps for a second. it made me think i was having many momentary sezieurs so i stopped playing.

also, any know if temple of elemental evil ever got fixed up?^^ first time i played it i was unable to loot anything, ever.

I'm going to do it. I'm going to buy those games.

Maybe. Soon. God, help me. I have an addiction but the sale is too good to pass-up...

So thanks to the 6 million download mark being hit, Broken Sword Director's Cut is free until October 1st. Add that shit to your library if you (like me) have never played it but always been curious.

Would add it, but I already bought all three of them earlier during a sale, even the third one which is crap!

I didn't realize the Broken Sword Director's Cut was so awful. To my knowledge they only added close-up windows for dialogue and an extra scene with Nico, right?

I have only played the Director's Cut and I didn't think it was crap at all. Hard to imagine it being that much worse than the original.

It's like they took a syringe and extracted the charm (which is what the game has going for it). Horrid 3D rendered animations with massive compression artifacts. Also, the Nico scene is shit. The original has one of the strongest intros in gaming history, this one starts with a whimper.