Sleepdance

Good Old GOG

It's like Christmas again. Exactly the game I have been hoping to arrive in GoG for a long time. Frédérick Raynal, woot!

Now if we could get the two Crusader games also from EA's (Origin) catalog.

Anachronox is in GOG now. (via RPS)

So now the two or three people who haven't played it yet don't have an excuse anymore - go play it!

Everybody buys it (again), twice, THEY see it and finally make the sequel. Via Kickstarter. I'm in.

Everybody buys it (again), twice, THEY see it and finally make the sequel. Via Kickstarter. I'm in.

Already asked Tom Hall... he would (make a sequel), if he had the rights.

Anyway... Anachronox is one of my all-time favorite games. It's a must play, but I'm not sure if it withstood the test of time.

Their other latest good "old" game is Cyrostasis, which isn't even 5 years old.

At this rate they'll soon be getting games from the FUTURE!:yep:

They're called "instant classics" :P

I played Anachronox back in the day, and I totally loved it. Unfortunately I got to a point where my team was too weak to progress and gave up. Also, I pirated it back then, which means I'll of course buy it on GoG, though I probably won't actually play it.

Already asked Tom Hall... he would (make a sequel), if he had the rights.

How did that happen? You wrote, or did you meet him?

Regarding the sequel - at the end of the game the characters all had grown on me like maybe only Planescape managed to achieve (games-wise), just that in Planescape the story came to an end. Anachronox on the other hand ended with a cliffhanger (kind of). What made it even worse is that I finished the game years after it was published, when it was already clear that there won't be a continuation of the story.

Anyway... Anachronox is one of my all-time favorite games. It's a must play, but I'm not sure if it withstood the test of time.

It even seems they took the unofficial patches (made by an Anachronox-team-member) into the GOG-version, patches that tweaked and fixed some issues the game had and made it overall more comfortable to play, so it should be all right.

And here's a trailer (I'm pretty sure I linked to before in these forums) for the game. I think it represents the game pretty well.

isdE2R-j0CI

Their other latest good "old" game is Cyrostasis, which isn't even 5 years old.

I bought Cryostasis a while ago on Gamers Gate and installed it a week or two back, but stopped playing after 30 minutes because I started feeling sick. It's the only game I can remember that has ever given me motion sickness, except possibly one time in portal where I was messing around for a while with portals on the ground next to each other so I would just bob up and down.

How did that happen? You wrote, or did you meet him?

Twitter. But he also mentioned it a couple of times in interviews in the past 10 year (that he would like to finish Anachronox).

Anachronox is really great, it's nice for GoG to get that to their catalog. Also extremely cool to hear if it's a patched version. So when will they get Daikatana? :grin:

GoG also released Apache Longbow and Hind recently. I remember both of those and I'm really scared about those. Really extreme hardcore helicopter simulators.

Also really cool that they did release the Crusader games:

Now if we could get the two Crusader games also from EA's (Origin) catalog.

I bought the first one when GoG announced it. Day 1 perch. They also had a really informative interview with the guy who created the games.