Sleepdance

Good Old GOG

Man, I just installed Diamond on my laptop about 2 weeks ago and discovered that it doesn't work with Windows 7. Gog's compatability is now my favorite thing. I will glady pay the $10 to not have to fuck around with that stuff!

Man, I just installed Diamond on my laptop about 2 weeks ago and discovered that it doesn't work with Windows 7. Gog's compatability is now my favorite thing. I will glady pay the $10 to not have to fuck around with that stuff!

Miffy, if you have texture problems, give this bit a try.

http://nwn.bioware.com/support/patch_english_hotu.html

Alternatively, if you have problems selecting colors for skin, hair and tattoos in character creation, try fudging about up near the Body arrows with the box open. It's apparently been badly displaced.

Actually, it just refused to boot, saying "This program is incompatible with this version of windows." Like, completely refused to do a thing. Compatibility mode was no help, and I couldn't be bothered to try anything extra.

Sounds like the kind of thing that happens if you try to run a 16-bit program on 64-bit Windows. No workaround AFAIK because Windows handles 32-bit software via emulation but not 16-bit.

Which is also interesting because NWN is fairly new (2002? 2003?) and this was on my laptop, which is running Windows 7, but due to having a dual core processor, is running the 32 bit version. Oh well. Not like it matters now anyway, the Gog one is ok by me.

So GoG released Zork and Police Quest games a few days ago.

Apparently the first game has only the VGA remake available?

Swat 2 is one of my favorite strategy games ever. The procedural elements with the slightly randomized reactions of the perps made it really interesting. That screenshot brings back some good memories.

OH MAN, seriously?

That game is great!

We should do that in here! I know there's like issues with the Text adventure stuff, but that would be sweet.

Ugh, stupid new Twitter, can't figure out how to link to a specific tweet. From Chris from a few hours ago:

Amid justified Portal 2 hubbub, don't overlook $6 Star Control 1+2 release. Titanically influential, ahead of their time: http://j.mp/g4nsLo

So yeah Chris was the guy. Ur-Quan Masters is free and (more importantly) has a few more patches/fixes doesn't it?

Ugh, stupid new Twitter, can't figure out how to link to a specific tweet. From Chris from a few hours ago:

So yeah Chris was the guy. Ur-Quan Masters is free and (more importantly) has a few more patches/fixes doesn't it?

I don't know about patches, actually. I just downloaded UQM to see if I like the idea, and if I do, I'll probably grab it. If not, I'll consider it a demo and be rid of the thing. Hmm, might even start a timer to keep myself honest.

I love Star Control!

I am weird but I have never played Star Control 2. I have tested Ur-Quan Masters for maybe 15 minutes or so some years ago.

This one like the AitD trilogy is a must buy! There's also a retrospective of AitD there now that I did not see earlier.

I wonder what the other "Atari" releases will be?

The hints were given earlier.

What game made you dream of the stars? Star Control 1&2

What game made you ride with the outlaws?

What game made you fear your past?

What game made you go to the underground?

What game made you feel like a hero?

What game made monsters afraid of you?

What game made you afraid of dark? Alone in the Dark trilogy

I really wish that hero question is about Little Big Adventure 1&2. I will die of happiness if those two are part of the games released soon by GoG.

I suspect there's a good chance you'll just die of disappointment instead.

I really want them to add Startopia to their library. I've tried to play that game again, but it won't run. :(

Help me pick three GOG games.

I already own: Psychonauts, Planescape: Torment, The Last Express. (I.e. All the "must buys".) Plus: Another World: SE, Fallout, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. And: Outcast, In Cold Blood, Myst.

Are there any "must buys" that I've missed out on?

Once again can't recommend Sacrifice enough, and it really holds up over time if my memory serves. Also it's not too well known but I really loved Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising. It was written by Warren Ellis, if you know who that is, but it's the gameplay and just the whole concept of the thing that really sells it for me.

I'm a fan of Tex Murphy games. Also Gabriel Knight series, but chances are you played them already.

I'll check those out. Thanks, Gwardinen.

I'm a fan of Tex Murphy games. Also Gabriel Knight series, but chances are you played them already.

Haven't played either of them. Nor have I played Earthworm Jim, MDK, Oddworld or, come to think of it, just about anything I haven't already listed. I have big gaps in my PC gaming!

GoG has Total Annihilation, so you should all play it. (Because it's the best game ever.)

Really, it is. Or maybe just the best RTS ever, but it's up there.

I'm serious.

I played that game like every week for 6 or 7 years, it's so good.

(If my words actually convince any of you to play it, i'd be happy to share some pointers, the game can be hugely overwhelming if you've only ever played Starcraft or C&C or something.)

KKND > Total Annihilation :yep:

We disagree, but you get points for reminding me of KKND being a thing that existed, heh.

I take your KKND and raise you one Dark Colony.

Yeah, yeah! Lets talk about obscure RTS games. Is there a thread for that? :woohoo:

Hahaha oh god KKND was ace. The mutant leader guy always cracked me up.