Asembo

Minecraft

you also wrote that piece about burning down my house.

I was actually paraphrasing the song "I don't want to set world on fire".

bMMV_RoEMxE

One thing the "game" really needs to improve upon is creating more interesting caves. Mining through a cave isn't that exciting.

Hehe, i figured it was a song. That doesn't meant i wasn't a little worried you were going to come and burn my house down though:(

It is a fishing pole, for some reason, not a spire, per se. Also, I doubt it will burn.

After the first night, it's not that hard to survive in single player; you just need to make sure to get torches as fast as possible then you can seal yourself into a well lit hole for the night. By the second night, you should have a bigger hole to live in and a craft table.

I've been using the single player to get used to how everything works, and have a nice little fortress set up with floating greenhouses full of crops. They make it feel like a game adaptation of Silent Running, all I need are a few robots.

I also have a door down to a mine which goes down to the lowest level, and have just broken through into my first proper cave system. It's full of water, lava and zombie sounds; I wasn't prepared to fight so sealed it up with a door to go back later.

Aand I'm burned out on Minecraft. See you all in a year!

Wow, man, I dunno if I see this coming up any time soon. Especially considering the game is nowhere near done yet, let alone functional.

holy motherboard batman...

imagine needing to debug that thing

And here we are building things that take a couple of hours spanned over a few days. And then these things that take weeks if not months.

I wonder if his computer will have an issue with zombie processes when it's finished.

I wonder if his computer will have an issue with zombie processes when it's finished.

I mentioned that to Patters, and he said it's probably on Peaceful, which I imagine he's right about. Having part of that creeper'd would send me into anaphylactic rage.

Does the payed downloadable version run better than the free browser version? I desperately want to buy this game, but I'm scared that I'll spend money on something I can't use.

God, Minecraft seems to be fulfilling everything I've fantasized about doing in a game since I was 8.

Try messing with your render distance. But it does crash a decent amount. The game is just Java so it'll be the exact same as a download as it will be in the browser. I think.

I had some crashing issues, cured by changing my render distance to normal and updating java and graphics drivers.

I had a lot of stuttering at the start too, but that abrubtly went away.

but minecraft is not a game...

IT'S JUST PLACING BLOCKS IN AN INFINITE SANDBOX FOR NO REASON. WHERE'S THE GAME? - Signed, Internet Nerd.

It is the gameiest game since video games were invented. Minecraft (Lego) is right up there with GTA3+ (toy cars, war) as one of few "video" "games" to actually be proper aimless, self-directed games.

I find it difficult to understand why so many people find it difficult to understand what Minecraft is and to see 'the point'. Whenever it's ineptly discussed on a podcast (see recent giant bombcast for example), it's painful for me to listen to. I'm baffled when I see people on forums reduced to comparing it with other non-sandbox games to explain what it is.

To me it's just the most natural thing in the world. It lets me do the things that other games are not able to let me do. I can't dig a tunnel or build a house anywhere in Darkfall or Oblivion, so Minecraft is a great compromise for that longing and people have been making games like that for a while, like Wurm Online and more recently Haven and Hearth and Love. Maybe Dwarf Fortress too. Minecraft is similar to those in a lot of ways, just much more accessible.

It's really quite shocking as well as exciting that a freeform game like this seems to be so alien to a lot of people, and lots of them are loving it. I'd always assumed that people just didn't like this kind of thing.

Edited by Raff

Especially the single player. It's VERY game-y and pretty fun too. I wish there were monsters in the MP because I think the mutual survival aspect would be awesome. At the same time, it would mess up the free form building.