Asembo

Minecraft

Just once more thing, do monsters appear pretty soon in the game? Or are they just underground where the good ore is?

They appear at night. First order of business in general is make a bunker.

Will anything do? Sand? Gravel?

Is anybody else playing "free trail until we fix it" version? I'm kinda worried if I'll lose everything when it's fixed, or I'll just have to buy the game?:erm:

Will anything do? Sand? Gravel?

Is anybody else playing "free trail until we fix it" version? I'm kinda worried if I'll lose everything when it's fixed, or I'll just have to buy the game?:erm:

It's logged in a cloud, so I guess you'll be fine, after all, there is an online version.

I would advise digging into a nice mountain or hill, it gives some interesting space and means that you can start a mining shaft, I would also advise that unless you can build a door just hole it up with a one block of whatever and let some light in.

Cover your walls in Torches so A) you can see and B) so no monsters can spawn (monsters can spawn anywhere where it's dark)

Sounds complex, yet sensible... so my main worry if finding coal and building a shelter before night falls, isn't that a bit of a tall order? :erm:

Just run around until you see some in a cliffside. Coal is relatively easy to spot.

The savegames are local, unless you're playing on someone's server.

Lies, I can connect and play on my account from a friends house, and how would you explain the online singleplayer?

I can connect to my account anywhere too, but I have not been able to connect to my game files from anywhere but home. Savegames live locally. Even the single player downloadable launcher (a simple java wrapper) connects to the game assets and things on the main server, and caches stuff. The music has been sounding like shit lately because it is being streamed, from what I understand.

But frankly, there is so much weird shit about this game out there that I am not really sure wtf is true and what seems true on most counts. I am pretty sure the savegames do not live on the minecraft servers, however.

Edited by Kingzjester
stupid extra words

Lies, I can connect and play on my account from a friends house, and how would you explain the online singleplayer?

Yeah, the online version just uses data files from your computer. AFAIK. It's possibly the same java program, just wrapped in an applet (or is it WebStart, haven't tried it actually)

Damnit... must give this game another chance.

I also want to have awesome adventures in mines and stuff.

I recorded a video of me showing around my small cabin (with fireplace!), the zombie and creeper infested area around it (from which I barely escaped alive) and a tower with diving plank.

Enjoy my fascinating 7-minute video: (which also served as an excuse to try out iMovie and QuickTime screen recording.)

I recorded a video of me showing around my small cabin (with fireplace!), the zombie and creeper infested area around it (from which I barely escaped alive) and a tower with diving plank.

Enjoy my fascinating 7-minute video: (which also served as an excuse to try out iMovie and QuickTime screen recording.)

Gawd, I really enjoyed that. I dunno what it is about this game that makes it so much fun to see what other people have created.

Day 1: I desperately searched for coal, when nightfall arrived I had none, so I buried myself alive, but then left a hole open so I could see outside... I saw a cactus like creature, which... EXPLODED? I fled and tried to combat a zombie with a hoe, bad idea.. I died!

What are hoes for anyway? Can you harvest crops in this game or what? The next day I did find some coal.... and some rocks with yellow dots in them but they never dropped anything...

The yellow dots are prolly gold, or maybe iron. You have break the latter with a pick made of stone or better for it to drop a cube, and the former with a pick of steel or better to do so.

Hoes have two functions, left click and right click. One of them plows, the other one harvests. If you plow a little bit of earth, you will collect enough seeds to grow a little patch of wheat.

The yellow dots are prolly gold, or maybe iron. You have break the latter with a pick made of stone or better for it to drop a cube, and the former with a pick of steel or better to do so.

Hoes have two functions, left click and right click. One of them plows, the other one harvests. If you plow a little bit of earth, you will collect enough seeds to grow a little patch of wheat.

Left-click with hoe just does the same thing as everything else: break blocks and kill enemies (though with of course a huge cost to durability).

You can HARVEST with a sword if you want. I just use my fists. U:

So... this is kinda like Harvest Moon 3D now? I call dibs on the shy librarian girl!

Wait... I'm all alone on the island... Maybe I'll find a cute monster girl? :deranged:

But seriously, does this mean I can make an oven and bake bread too?

So... this is kinda like Harvest Moon 3D now? I call dibs on the shy librarian girl!

Wait... I'm all alone on the island... Maybe I'll find a cute monster girl? :deranged:

But seriously, does this mean I can make an oven and bake bread too?

Stick some wheat in the furnace and yes.

YEEESSS! I'm going to make a house made out of bread.... And I'll mine everything with bread! BREAD PICKAX! :deranged:

YEEESSS! I'm going to make a house made out of bread.... And I'll mine everything with bread! BREAD PICKAX! :deranged:

Aw, if only you could do that. ):

Aw, if only you could do that. ):

Can I at least hit things with the bread?;(

EDIT: GUYS! The game is back online! I can finally buy it! :clap:

So.. how many of you play solo and how many play on an online server?

Since I've barely played the game it wouldn't be that bad to start over in another server.

EDIT EDIT: I made me a robot skin! I don't know why a part of the leg looks white, I followed everything perfectly... ;(

Edited by Tanukitsune

So.. how many of you play solo and how many play on an online server?

I started playing solo, but when the multiplayer server went up, I changed to that, since it's fun to wander around and look at other people's stuff. However, since I hate other people, I went off and started my cave a bit outside of town.

I tested it and every is in the right place, but I fixed it by changing the background color, it should look normal now...

Multiplayer says I need the IP address of the server? Damn! I don't know any!

We could all go to same server with similar skins! We could go as a clan of robots, or wizards... or robot wizards...:deranged: