Asembo

Minecraft

Ok, wtf, how do I make the downloaded client go full screen, short of maximizing the window?

Ok, wtf, how do I make the downloaded client go full screen, short of maximizing the window?

F11.

Is there some place on the internet where these commands are written, or do I have to try out the whole keyboard for myself? :shifty:

The only other such key I know of is F5, which is third-person mode.

The rest you can find out by looking at the controls options.

Sometimes i'm not even sure why i try to resist these things.

Minecraft here i come!

Ahahahhahahha! :frusty::gaming: Oh, christ, I had a moment of complete stupid and I think there is no going back to the map I spent most of my time on so far. I guess that could be for the best.

Last night a friend told me one of the new friday changes was that lava could now power ovens. Sure enough it worked. So I made two more buckets (they get used up in the process too), went back to the depths of hell, grabbed some more lava and made my way back up to my den.

You know how when you USE some object, be it a door or a chest or an oven, the miner dude may hit it with whatever tool he is holding at the time? That is usually not a big deal, because one hit of a mud cube will not dislodge the door from its hinges or whatever, but an issue arises when that object is A BUCKET FULL OF LAVA.

I emptied a bucket of lava in front of my oven in an attempt to use it, and didn't really notice what was going on for a fraction of a second because the oven interface had popped up and hid the screen from me. Then my dude started freaking out, but the lava was gooey and I couldn't pull myself out in time, so I died and my whole inventory was spilled all over the living room, and most of it burned up in the fire.

I respawned a little ways away from the base and ran back as fast as I could. The bucket hadn't burned up in the lava and I managed to grab the hot block and save my workshop.

Then I accidentally emptied the lava on the floor again, and died again. When I got back to the den the second time, I noticed that the lava was blocking the entrance. So I had to do some careful jumping to avoid it, and failed. I got to running and dropped into this waterfall that I thoughtfully had in the corner.

When I looked around, I couldn't find a bucket, It burned out. There was this pile of 60 steel ingots bobbing in the corner that were in my inventory when I died earlier, but I couldn't get to the workbench because in my infinite wisdom I had embedded it in the floor and was now under the lava. My spare work bench had been in my inventory when I died the first time and was probably among the first casualties. With it also went my relatively new diamond pick and my diamond shovel and all kinds of useful goodies.

I was standing there, with probably 1½ hearts in the health bar. All of my decorative bookshelves that I worked so hard to make had burned down (I thought it was a riot to build these bookshelves above and around the oven). I had about 30 wheat in my pocket and no place to make bread.

At arms length from the work bench, sitting in the lava, I had two double-wide chests full of all kinds of fun loot (but utterly useless in the current predicament; there was at least about 150 units of redstone dust which I haven't yet gotten to using). Just as the realization set in that I will not be able to make a bucket, the chests burst into flames. And I say fuck it.

Now, thinking back, I could've hacked open a hole in the glass ceiling of my den and let the fountain flooding my roof extinguish the lava, but meh. I've made peace with closing up shop already.

I think it is time to wait for a less crappy multiplayer to materialize before I go into it again. Hey Erkki, wanna set up a Thumb server? :tup::tup:

Minecraft is most fun I've had playing a game in a while.

I think it is time to wait for a less crappy multiplayer to materialize before I go into it again. Hey Erkki, wanna set up a Thumb server? :tup::tup:

Even if I wanted to, unfortunately I have nowhere to host a server right now. My only working computer is a MacBook.

I should give Minecraft a try sometime... you guys seem to be having lots of fun with it. I remember playing an early version or prototype that didn't seem very interesting back then.

Yeah, and it's especially sad because he was about to start a real studio using that money. Hire a bunch of people, including someone to actually manage all of his money. D:

I mean, I'm sure it will all work out, especially because he let everyone know. No way can Paypal get away with stealing his money when all eyes are on them. Still, it's bullshit.

I think the account debacle is now settled and the problems solved.

This game has totally escaped my attention. I need to tell some friends about this.

I think the account debacle is now settled and the problems solved.

Where did you learn this?

Ok, jesus. What a load of cock paypal is.

That man is gonna make me join Twitter just so that I can leave my 2¢, considering that is the only method of getting in touch with him. :/

The funny thing is that this PayPal issue might actually get more people to notice Minecraft. Also, WTF 600K euros from a week's sales? That seems enormous amounts of money for an indie game. And he is the sole developer?

The funny thing is that this PayPal issue might actually get more people to notice Minecraft. Also, WTF 600K euros from a week's sales? That seems enormous amounts of money for an indie game. And he is the sole developer?

No. 600k since they blocked his account, which amounts to about three weeks' time.

Remember, Paypal didn't stop ACCEPTING money. They just wouldn't let him take it out.

Aaaaand he made all those sales because the TF2 team sang an ode to Minecraft on their dev blog, drawing attention to the game.

Aaaaand he made all those sales because the TF2 team sang an ode to Minecraft on their dev blog, drawing attention to the game.

That was certainly a boost, yeah. Still even before that, he was making a hefty chunk of change each day, and it was slowly increasing. He hit big with this idea, no doubt.

Flailing and not knowing what you're doing is half the fun at the beginning. For example, after I beat my first zombie to death with my bare hands, it dropped something. I assumed it was a stupidly drawn dagger, so for many hours I proceeded to shiv other nightly creturs with this thing that the zombie dropped.

Only much later did I realize that it wasn't a stupidly drawn dagger, but a stupidly drawn feather. Why do zombies drop feathers? I don't know. It is a bit weird that nothing is labeled in the game.

So the fact that this is emergent gameplay + Dwarf Fortress First Person basically made this a no-brainer. A friend has been trying to get me into it, but he couldn't provide anything to make me want to try it. You guys did. :violin:

They've got a tiny little underground cave set up, with water and lava everywhere, that's pretty fun, but I wanted something moderately epic for my first day. I think I've succeeded in that effort.

Miniature Moria from the top of the scaffolding during construction.

MoriaConTop.jpg

From below the scaffolding

MoriaConBottom.jpg

After scaffolds are cleared and torches and pillars are set.

MoriaPreStairs.jpg

The bottom of the some 200 stairs (pieces, that is. Levels is probably around a third that.)

MoriaStairsBottom.jpg

And the public entrance to MiniMoria (I have a bolthole back into our little cave system in the back)

MoriaEntrance.jpg

And finally, because it was such a pain, and I'm really proud of the ambiance of the place, a shot of the 'unseen' ceilings of Moria.

TheFeelingofMoria.jpg

I'm really proud of getting that immense feeling to it.

I would have liked to do so to the horizontal as well, maybe tomorrow. This alone took 6 or 7 hours due to my noobishness.