Squid Division

Unnecessary Comical Picture Thread

oo, interesting, i havent built a lego set in a long time.  i suppose you could use needle w/acrylic epoxy on the head to fuse and pull?  it would trash the peg, but could get the barrel out

See the slot in the side of the part of the black piece where the red pin is being inserted? You could stick a knife or a pin in there to catch on the notch in the pin and drag it out that way with minimal to no damage.

There's some Thing in the oven

There are olives in mozzarella.

This video is so gross. The Thing of pizza.

There is an actual egg in the middle though. It's fairly intricately made, they must've started the time lapse shooting, ingredients on as it cooked, then created the banding afterward. 

It was only a matter time before Tim Allen's persona started bleeding through his performance as buzz lightyear

Oh ok, that's...weird. 

One of the less contemptible pieces of pick-up artist advice (these are people who "teach" you how to "play" "The Game", "The Game" being how to pick up women, and "play" being how to exploit their emotionally vulnerabilities so they'll be suggestible enough to go home with you) is to wear something distinctive that will make you memorable, like one earring, or unusually coloured hair, or an unusual hat. This takes the burden off you to have a distinctive and memorable personality, although it also means that you can probably act more naturally because you don't have to establish your personal brand in a noisy and generally awful social situation.

Also, fedoras are unusual enough on men that some men looking for their own 'look', but only willing to go as far as surface details, will adopt them. Fedoras look striking on men because they were originally designed so women could cut a masculine figure, although they found popularity amongst gangsters. If they're unwilling to examine the history of what they're wearing, they're usually unwilling to examine themselves, and they often have a lot of alarming prejudice sitting just below the surface.

Of course, I've known some pretty decent guys who wear fedoras, so take these kind of generalisations with a grain of salt. In hindsight, they may have been wearing trilbys.

It's actually almost always trilbys I think that are referred to, but people call them fedoras anyway.

I didn't know that was the history of the thing though. I thought it was just the sort of thing that horrible nerds think is cool without actually thinking about how they'll look in one with no other changes to their appearance.

Talk about going down the rabbit hole. I know literally nothing about "pick-up artists" and assumed that was just a derogatory term like "player." I always associated that hat - as you said - with 1950's gangsters in Chicago, maybe I'm missing this whole thing because I don't live in the USA. The only people I know who wear hats like that in England are indie musicians/wannabe indie musicians. 

I also know nothing about hats - I look stupid in every single hat ever, so I am wilfully ignorant on all things hat related.