Squid Division

Unnecessary Comical Picture Thread

Yes. I, also, haven't read the books. From the show it seemed like he was weirdly playing what could have been a good card at a later point, for no reason whatsoever apart from getting a rise out of her.

Also, the second episode has been leaked and I just watched it >_> It's good.

Well as you've seen from the second episode then, he is by no means a nice person. Viper is an apt description. On recollection, the scene is perhaps poorly played, but it remains vital.

But surely it was already established that Balish is a treacherous scumbag? I enjoyed the scene where he consoled the crying prostitute in his own special way, but it was also a little strange: we didn't need this setup. We already know the character. Frankly, I hope they'll give him something new to do this season other than being sneaky and mean, or they might as well have cut him out. Please don't tell me if he will, if you've read the books :)

But surely it was already established that Balish is a treacherous scumbag? I enjoyed the scene where he consoled the crying prostitute in his own special way, but it was also a little strange: we didn't need this setup. We already know the character. Frankly, I hope they'll give him something new to do this season other than being sneaky and mean, or they might as well have cut him out. Please don't tell me if he will, if you've read the books :)

Balish is basically just sneaky and mean, that's his character

I understand that, but you put characters in a story to do something, not just to hang around and be themselves. The scene was unnecessary because it set up a character trait that was already exhaustively established - even though it was fun in and of itself.

I'm sure many have already seen this but I feel it to be relevant to all parties that venture on this site and without further ado:

9rmjH.jpg

Man, I don't know, I'll never read the books. But the scene mentioned here just seemed off to me. It just made him look a bit stupid.

Don't remember the details but I think Baelish was implying more than just having heard the rumors. Remember John Arryn and how the whole story started?

Don't remember the details but I think Baelish was implying more than just having heard the rumors. Remember John Arryn and how the whole story started?

No :P

I'm sure many have already seen this but I feel it to be relevant to all parties that venture on this site and without further ado:

Works also as the actual video:

UApyd20yK5s

I remember that episode, one of the best "Secrets" bits.

Works also as the actual video:

You might say it works better as the actual video. I don't understand why people transcribe funny videos into images like that.

Like this:

PiWB3.png

I find a bit obnoxious.

That's not from the Daniel Radcliffe Extras episode - he was much younger then! Strutting Daniel is pretty great though, but he's not carelessly smug enough. This is more like Exuberant Daniel.

No :P

Well, if I remember correctly,

the news of Jon Arryn's death was basically what the story begins with. The king is then making his way north to ask Ned Stark to take Arryn's place as his hand. When they come back, Peter Baelish then gives some hints to Eddard about what Arryn was looking into -- the book that kind of proves that Cersei's children are not Robert's.

I don't remember how much of this was in the TV series.

Well, if I remember correctly,

the news of Jon Arryn's death was basically what the story begins with. The king is then making his way north to ask Ned Stark to take Arryn's place as his hand. When they come back, Peter Baelish then gives some hints to Eddard about what Arryn was looking into -- the book that kind of proves that Cersei's children are not Robert's.

I don't remember how much of this was in the TV series.

Every little bit of it.

576483_422365091126283_2024632836_n.jpg

I'm still astounded no-one noticed that. Or maybe they did.

Like every tv prop, that thing was lovingly, painstakingly handcrafted by a mischievous clown.