Squid Division

Unnecessary Comical Picture Thread

Quite a ride - and I can understand how TV work can be soulcrushing and sad. (I might have just been watching too much Screen Wipe over the last few days though.) Sad you couldn't keep in contact, but then in showbiz that's quite hard if you're not on the same track, I think.

But maybe that's just Extras talking.

Well, I think I'm still Facebook friends with them, but that's public profiles so I'm amongst millions of fans who have never met them! The trouble really was that the prod manager kept pulling me away from set to do bullshit errands so I didn't get to spend time with the cast and crew like I normally would, plus it gave the impression that I was doing a bad job. Normally I wouldn't give so much of a shit (say, on the John Culshaw Show or something) but it's Peter Serafinowicz! It was really cool when Peter and I seemed to be bonding and then it faded away. I'm probably expecting too much, though. It's not like it's usual for cast to stay social with any crew below producer/director level after the wrap party. Not for snooty reasons, it's just you take a couple of weeks off between gigs to recharge and then you're off bonding with a whole new 50-strong crew.

Some of that is probably imagined and some of it due to my being terrible at staying in touch with people. I did get on well with all the actors. It was particularly exciting to meet Paul Putner (being a massive fan of Lee & Herring's 90/00s tv output) and I fell in love with Belinda Stewart-Wilson.

Sends them a Tweet! It might make you feel better.

Not for snooty reasons, it's just you take a couple of weeks off between gigs to recharge and then you're off bonding with a whole new 50-strong crew.

Yes, that appears to be true from the people I know in LA. Which isn't to say you're forgotten, they all seem to still love each other when their paths cross again -- and really, when you've been down the foxhole with someone, with all the stresses and long hours that go into TV production -- it's not difficult to see why. But as you say, then you're with a whole new family on a different show, working crazy hours with them instead.

Sends them a Tweet! It might make you feel better.

Who, the Serafinowiczes? Nah, would be a bit weird. Maybe I'll wait 'til they have a new show out that I like or something, give me a reason to get in touch and congratulate them.

Anyway, funny pictures. Hmmm.

Squirrel using the force.

squirrel-using-the-force.jpg

Who, the Serafinowiczes? Nah, would be a bit weird. Maybe I'll wait 'til they have a new show out that I like or something, give me a reason to get in touch and congratulate them.

You mean like... Peter's new BBC 6 Music show which was on this morning? :grin:

Maybe you're right, but if he wasn't Peter Serafinowicz, and instead was just a normal dude you worked with, would you Tweet him? If you're waiting for the next time you bump into him, you may wait a long time...?

It's a tricky one, I guess, but it's annoying/silly that fame can get in the way.

Here's my favourite Tim Shafer/fake money photo that everyone has already seen:

schafer_5.png?w=768

Here's my favourite Tim Shafer/fake money photo that everyone has already seen:

schafer_5.png?w=768

That's my fave too. I thought there was something odd about this image, but stupidly only got it now -- Tim is mimicking Manny's pose, but that smile is totally not how I would extrapolate Manny's mouth expression into the real world. But then maybe it was supposed to be like that all along?????!!!??

May not mean anything to people not in the UK:

541908215.jpg?key=699720&Expires=1332239288&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=VbIIlk1Qw9ieroGrROHM-pCpF5~AfcUQly5fnXMSzp780Bz1rTz1X2w9b-kPeBSXqldy4njxj20MwAcI9d7vgkxe7nA8Dg7XuP6rUhyfTDznCv-XfvlSik3gwAsx543imqB1dGBSBD68-hTBfbwaWxIFbYxQIWmLkp1RVMy4rPk_

Or much to those that are.

(A sad thing happened, involving a bunch of powerful men ignoring everyone else and pushing through an enormously bad decision. The useless tosspot pictured above had a chance to stop it, but supported it instead. The news are not really reporting it, but the clocks here just went back 65 years)

That's disappointing, especially since he's half-Dutch. I expect better from my countrymen! Any specifics on what happened?

I can see many of these hanging on the walls in a dentist waiting room. Quick, dear, Billy is freaking out! Crucify him.

Maybe it's for far right Christian groups that want to cure people of being gay. For the bit where they crucify you with cuddles.

Uh, yeah, it probably has a very logical and beneficial use, but it's still creepazoid.

Also:

DYY7