Forbin

The threat of Big Dog

I guess Big Dog is resurfacing in the global internet conscious recently, out of nowhere a new wave of people are being terrified by this menace.

After the recent discussion on the podcast, a recent reddit thread has popped up. All you need to know about the Big Dog program and other abominations:

http://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/bnp2l/i_dont_know_about_you_but_i_find_this/c0nntu2

Somewhere, James is bristling with anticipation.

It's true, I fucking love the BigDog. I'm like the anti-Jake on this subject. I can't wait for my inevitable demise at the paws of a glorious quadrupedal automaton.

It's true, I fucking love the BigDog. I'm like the anti-Jake on this subject. I can't wait for my inevitable demise at the paws of a glorious quadrupedal automaton.

Someone needs to make a Cthulu style comic about a cult that worships bigdogs now.

It always strikes me how closely it resembles the 'gekko' in Metal Gear Solid 4 (or rather the gekko resembles it). Actual robots of the future will be increasingly biomechanical I reckon.

I hate this thread the most.

I love this hatred the most.

EDGdd.gif

I happened to be listening to a jovial, uptempo piece of music as I scrolled through this thread, and it created the impression that BigDog was prancing along in time when it stumbled and then immediately resumed its previous activity. After it recovers, it looks like it's almost going into a haughty high step. I love it.

By the way, the planned successor to the BigDog:

Leggedsquadsupportsystem0.png

Thoughts? Feelings?

More or less scary Jake?

I happened to be listening to a jovial, uptempo piece of music as I scrolled through this thread, and it created the impression that BigDog was prancing along in time when it stumbled and then immediately resumed its previous activity. After it recovers, it looks like it's almost going into a haughty high step. I love it.

Funnily enough, I was also listening to

when I read this thread, and had just finished contemplating the particularly delightful nature of the combination when I came to this post. The BigDog is up-beat about slaying us all.

But yeah, he definitely has a spring in his step after righting himself.

Horror.jpg

The worst photoshop of all time?

You decide.

The best.

I hope Big Dog the robot teams up with Big Dogs the clothing company. Not only will the robots trample over civilization, now they'll be abrasive and rude about it too. The Big Dog will bellow "Slow down, I don't speak STUPID" to the cries of fear from everyone in its path.

Oh god, I'm listening to the cantina music and looking at wall of...

Oh, dog...

F*** POST THEN CLOSE THE BROWSER

LOL I can totally picture the fat longhair biker that would wear shirts with those patterns.