Patters

Thumb Fortress 2

So, I have something naughty to assume: I started idling this weekend.

Really, I have hundreds of played hours and the only hats I have are the Halo, the Ghastly Gibus and the Camera Beard. I've found many weapons, but nowhere near to having the 81 required for the random hat blueprint.

Does anyone do this as well?

you dirty slut! I don't idle, don't care enough to. I've been saving up to craft a hat, just one refined metal away....which is still really far.

Also, Sam & Max items in tf2, eh?

I've been playing with the thought too, mostly because I haven't been playing much lately. <.<

But the discussion of TF2 on the latest 'cast made me really excited to play more! We still need to find a suitable server/timeslot for Thumb play.

(Also I want those Sam & Max items damnit.)

Yeah, what's the deal with those Sam and Max items? Is that a scheme for people who buy it on Steam only? I've bought every Telltale games (except Texas Hold 'Em) directly from Telltale. Am I shafted?

Yeah, what's the deal with those Sam and Max items? Is that a scheme for people who buy it on Steam only? I've bought every Telltale games (except Texas Hold 'Em) directly from Telltale. Am I shafted?

No you're not shafted. We didn't anticipate an uproar over it so we are scrambling now to get a solution in place, but there is one. Valve has given us a bunch of Steam unlock codes for just the Sam & Max TF2 content which we will be tying to customer's Telltale accounts. Details and timing are forthcoming.

No you're not shafted. We didn't anticipate an uproar over it so we are scrambling now to get a solution in place, but there is one. Valve has given us a bunch of Steam unlock codes for just the Sam & Max TF2 content which we will be tying to customer's Telltale accounts. Details and timing are forthcoming.

That's pretty cool, hopefully it all gets sorted.

I've been playing with the thought too, mostly because I haven't been playing much lately. <.<

But the discussion of TF2 on the latest 'cast made me really excited to play more! We still need to find a suitable server/timeslot for Thumb play.

(Also I want those Sam & Max items damnit.)

Yeah, is anyone interested getting a game going sometime this week? If anyone is interested I might try and rent a server, see how it is. it's about £13 for 20 players with a voice server, which seems decent. I await some opinions.

EDIT: If people can check their pings at 212.187.209.55 through steam (view- servers- Favourites - add a server -212.187.209.55 - find games at this address)

Edited by Patters

Pinging from the command line at work gives me ~77ms... I'll check out at home in TF2 how much it is.

80, and this is on a day my ping has been too high to play earlier, possibly on account of roommates.

I assume it's a UK server? Wonder how the Americans ping.

(Also, if you do this Patters, you will be the Best Guy.)

Ping is about ~45ms. I support you spending your money on a Thumbs server.

If you do, I will definitely play. :D

80, and this is on a day my ping has been too high to play earlier, possibly on account of roommates.

I assume it's a UK server? Wonder how the Americans ping.

(Also, if you do this Patters, you will be the Best Guy.)

DPP and Miffy are continental US with 80 and 100 ish each. I'd likely only hire it for a month or three, does 14 players sound like enough?

God damnit. I'm getting closer and closer to buying this and making my laptop run it, whether it likes it or not. At least I could blame my shitty performance on framerate.

Yeah, my ping was about 100, but I was downloading an update at the time, so that may have tampered with my results. Also, I'm very far West, so those of you in the Eastern states or Ontario/Quebec areas may see better results.

I'm getting 124, but my internet performance has been inexplicably acting up today, so I wouldn't take that number too seriously. Nonetheless, it's not particularly bad or anything.

Yeah, my ping was about 100, but I was downloading an update at the time, so that may have tampered with my results. Also, I'm very far West, so those of you in the Eastern states or Ontario/Quebec areas may see better results.

100 for the west coast is great. The Telltale server is usually at around 250 for me. >_<

100 for the west coast is great. The Telltale server is usually at around 250 for me. >_<

180 for me. I'm probably going to rent the server for 3 months from tomorrow.