Patters

Thumb Fortress 2

I played with a bunch of Thumbs. I killed a bunch of Thumbs. It was great! Good fun, guys.

Yes, much fun, despite not knowing what was going on most of the time. For example, one of the red enemy guys suddenly turned blue, and I was like "what the h--" and then he killed me.

Yes, much fun, despite not knowing what was going on most of the time. For example, one of the red enemy guys suddenly turned blue, and I was like "what the h--" and then he killed me.

That was my fault, I froze him, sorry. I'm really satisfied with the servers performance, particularly cross atlantic, everyone had playable pings.

Which days would be good to get a full 7vs7 game going?

I had a blast too! (rocket blast? newsblast?) While I prefer weekdays over weekends, pretty much any day is fine with me. ^^

Now that Valve has capped idling, I'll be back to actually playing TF2 instead of running TF2 in the background and playing BFBC2. Since it's mostly brits here, I'll only be able to play during the weekends. If I'm around, send me a message on https://steamcommunity.com/id/decapentaplegic

Last night's session was pretty much just right for me. Arena mode seems pretty fun, I didn't play long enough to get annoyed, and I achieved something satisfying: freaking Patters out with some long-distance rockets through the bottom of that hut thing before bursting in and exploding him, leaving me the last man standing. I'm sure it wasn't at all skillful, but it felt quite good. Anyway, I think I like the game best in fairly short sessions.

Doubly agreed. Also, when there are few guys, like, exempli gratia, less than ten, the (what I assume is the) ordinary mode, where you dominate multiple points, etc, is quite boring. The king of the hill and arena were fun, though.

OK lets get a proper game going. What days are good for people, obviously tuesdays, wednesdays and sundays are out with them already being occupied. Those who are interested throw out what days are good for you, what times and timezone.

For me:

Mon, Thurs, Fri, Sat

Evenings between 7pm and 11pm

BST

Anything in the evening after around 8PM should be fine.

Since I've got Summer Holidays coming up soon, I'll be fully in "drop me a message when you want to play and I'll probably party up" mode. Though, as a rule, weekdays + later the better is a good rule of thumb.

Well, there's always the issue of playing with the Brits... right now it's a +5 difference for EST and I get home pretty late.

Well, there's always the issue of playing with the Brits... right now it's a +5 difference for EST and I get home pretty late.
Yeah, I would definitely play this regularly, except I don't see the times working for me aside from possibly weekends (Saturday). In May-June I'll be on the west coast so that is even tougher.

Fucking brits! :(

Just played a game of TF2 today and gues what happened to me. I was just normaly trying to survive with stupidly running around and shooting rockets all over the place and I suddenly get headshot. Nothing special, if the guy playing the sniper wouldn't have a suspicious picture set for his avatar. Gues who? It was the picture of Idle Thumbs's Bronstring Marek Bronstring! I then spammed the chat room asking him if he was him. Since he didn't awser I just went spy and started to backstab him.....

http://steamcommunity.com/id/thejacarandajam

FIGHT FOR THUMBS!

Just played a game of TF2 today and gues what happened to me. I was just normaly trying to survive with stupidly running around and shooting rockets all over the place and I suddenly get headshot. Nothing special, if the guy playing the sniper wouldn't have a suspicious picture set for his avatar. Gues who? It was the picture of Idle Thumbs's Bronstring Marek Bronstring! I then spammed the chat room asking him if he was him. Since he didn't awser I just went spy and started to backstab him.....

http://steamcommunity.com/id/thejacarandajam

FIGHT FOR THUMBS!

It's not Marek and that image isn't Marek.

I know it isn't him(it has the same picture that Bronstring uses here-that's him, right?). I just find it absured to have a picture of a man for your avatar just because you think it is funny and not even know who he is. Sad I can't spam his comment field on Steam profil.

Marek's picture is on his twitter account (I think that's him). I'd post the picture here but that might be a little rude. His name is

gwarek

. His forum picture here is of someone else.

A few of us are planning to play at 8BST (1 hour 20 minutes) if anyone wants to join.