JonCole

General Video Game Deals Thread

It's moot now that the game is no longer on sale, but I liked The Club in a shooting-gallery at the local arcade machine way. Absolutely worth that $2.50 price, if it ever gets knocked back down there.

The entire STALKER series is on supersale on GamersGate, if you've somehow failed to play those yet.

Dot Emu has a Halloween sale that is still going on, it has quite a few adventure games in it, one of it, Tony Tough and the Night of the Roasted Moths is exclusive to this site.

Steam has GTA IV Complete for sale, I no longer own the game and I never played the expansions. Is it worth it buy it just for that?

Also, everybody on Steam is saying they ran out of codes but it's still on sale? :|

Well, "Can you play it?" says I pay the test with flying colors, but I heard you have to downgrade the game to mod it? Which kinda sucks. I assume I can't play the expansions with the downgraded version, right?

Picked up The Story of Max's Payne a.k.a. How I learned to stop worrying about the golden gun and just play the damn game.

But it's a 30 gigabyte download and my drive is nearly full so it is now literally backlogged in addition to just being mentally so.

I just played through Deponia in one 10-hour sitting, and would recommend it as well. Quite good, although I'd prefer less text in the beginning and fewer dumb jokes.

BioShock 2 is on sale, I have the 360 version, but I don't really like my 360 anymore, can I get Minerva's Den on the Steam version? I don't see any DLC for it on the Steam page. There are a few indie games that I'll wait until the sale in ending before getting.

And did anybody get the Indie Royale Stuffing Bundle? Is the Adventure Apes game any good?

Does that mean that if I own the Xbox version I already own Minerva's Den? I doubt it, but it's worth asking.

Minerva's Den wouldn't be, no. If you buy Bioshock 2 on Steam, you need to start the game, which starts GFWL, then go into the DLC thing on that and buy it from Microsoft. That's what I had to do, anyway. Still worth it. If you own the 360 version of Bioshock 2 already, you'd be able to buy Minerva's Den from the Live store, but you wouldn't already have it (unless there was a GOTY edition or something that had it bundled? I don't remember hearing about one...)

What I mean is that if I own the 360 version of the DLC does that mean it's the same as the PC one or do I have to rebuy it? Since it's linked to same account, it's worth asking, right?

Oh, no you wouldn't. I think that's come up for me with games before, but I forget which ones. Pretty sure it doesn't carry though. Hell, I remember some people being pissed off that they accidentally bought the French version of some DLC instead of the English, and Microsoft wouldn't even let them play the same stuff in a different language on the same console. I doubt carrying a DLC license across platforms is something they'd do.

But it looks like I can use Microsoft Points? Too bad I'm only missing 100 points to buy it, but maybe the Xbox Rewards thing might give me enough? It would be ironic if I used the system so I don't have to play the Xbox version anymore. It's their stupid banana dollars that make me not want to even turn on my 360.

Anyway, it's almost over, I wonder if they'll do a "finale" with all the bestsellers again? They almost always do.