gdf

Recently completed video games

Just beat Stacking: The Lost Hobo King! :tup:

I actually just played Stacking (both main game and DLC) too! I found it quite fun.  :tup: Adventures games. Who'da thunk it? I wish the turning speed was a bit faster but overall I really enjoyed the creative puzzle solutions and aesthetic.

I also played Poker Night at the Inventory after getting it free with my Poker Night 2 preorder. I forgot how good a game Texas Hold'em is and listening to those four dudes shoot the shit while playing made it very nice. I hope they get some animation priorities a little smoother in Poker Night 2. The game should continue as seamlessly as possible while people are still talking and they did some stuff to address that ("what was I saying? Oh yeah") but it's still a little clunky when you're trying to continue playing but Tycho is still monologuing about his sexual escapades with a porcupine and the next card won't be dealt until he finishes.  :tup:

Although the most crushing disappointment isn't losing. Rather, it's the music STOPPING when you lose. Damn those are some sick beats.

I played Super Hexagon back when it was a gamejam game and fell in love with the music (it was just "Courtesy" at that point, "Otis" and "Focus" didn't show up until the full version), so I was super pumped when I saw that with the full release of the game, Chipzel released the soundtrack for it as well.

I beat Pid, it's a cute physics platform game where the "gimmick" is creating columns of light that levitate items. My main issue is that you don't really need to collect anything, the stars buy usable items which you can find anyway or get by defeating enemies and you barely need them... unless you want to find more stars?

The best moment is when the city was in high alert and robots were everywhere, but the game lulled and it was never that intense action-wise, just more puzzley.

Just finished Borderlands on Xbox 360 last week. Overall I really enjoyed it and really liked the Diablo style leveling and loot system. It seemed a little unpolished at times but with a good group of people this game can be fucking magical.Unfortunately that rarely happened for me because I couldn't convince any of my friends to pick it up.

One thing I have to say is that this game has somehow attracted some of the biggest assholes of all time on Xbox Live. I generally left my game open for anyone to join since not too many people still play and I wanted to play multiplayer, but almost every person that joined was using overpowered or modded weapons that killed any enemy in one hit. At one point, I reached the first giant monster boss dude with another guy that was a lower level than me and I see this cool cutscene and I'm all prepared for a long, difficult battle and then... I hear a single shotgun blast and loot explodes out of the boss and I see achievement unlocked. A single tear went down my cheek.

At one point, I tried joining someone else's game and was greeted with some aggressive prepubescent profanity. This horrible person then proceeded to fire some crazy rockets from a level 69 weapon at me repeatedly which caused the game to slow down so bad that I couldn't even pause and exit. Fuck Xbox live and I wish I had a way to play with adults only.

On the bright side, I just started Borderlands 2 with a friend and it is quite the opposite experience. We are going through the whole game together and I am very impressed with the level of quality and awesome gameplay potential. I am quite surprised at how much of an improvement it is over the first one. I can definitely see myself playing this game for awhile as long as I have decent people to play it with.

Duoing Borderlands 2 with my wife was truly a pleasure. My only problem with it is that all the class specials besides the Gunzurker felt kind of weak to me.

At one point, I tried joining someone else's game and was greeted with some aggressive prepubescent profanity. This horrible person then proceeded to fire some crazy rockets from a level 69 weapon at me repeatedly which caused the game to slow down so bad that I couldn't even pause and exit. Fuck Xbox live and I wish I had a way to play with adults only.

This is a problem with Borderlands on every platform, people trolling with hacked items.

Don't play with randoms in that game.

I beat Uncharted Golden Abyss and it was hard for since I seem to pretty much fed up with any games with guns in it, fortunately this is only partially a "gun game". It looks as good as the PS3 version, only it's constantly stopping you to do things with the Vita... The fact that Sully is barely in this game also doesn't help.

For me, I've completed Bioshock Infinite and fulfilled all possible steam achievements.  Worst part is that I'm scouring the web to know the release dates of the DLC.  I like me some Bioshock.

I rembering seeing on the season pass that all 3 pieces of dlc will be out before may 2014? (I think) so one every 4 months. Probably see it at e3 and release aug/sept

...hmm or is that to long to keep button lipped for all the people who bought the season pass. Teasers in June innit

Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes :tmeh:

Just finished this small adventure game. I enjoyed it. It's filled with whacky puzzles, but gives the small amount of options it's not complected to solve them. So for an experienced adventure game player it's not really challenging. It's not very long, took me about 5 hours to get through it completely. The humor is rather :tmeh:, it's very forced.

Also, apparently this is a sequel, but I didn't feel like I missed out of anything by not playing the first game.

The first game is more unpolished than this one, the only thing you are missing is know who everybody is that appear in the later chapters of the game, also.... DRUGGLEJUGG!

It was actually a couple of days ago, but I got the "final" ending in E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy. To get that you need to play through the game four times: three to get the normal different endings and once more for good measure. Luckily you keep the same character in all the playthroughs, so even after the first one your character is a lot more powerful, which makes tearing through enemies more fun. However, the final ending was dissapointing.

It's a weird game, but what is even more weird is how compelling it is. Playing it is fun, but it's also sort of a surreal experience. I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for anyone, but if you're looking for a FPS/RPG/drug trip game, then try the demo. It doesn't really get any more coherent than that, so only buy it if the demo enamors you (it did that to me).

I had fun with it, but it's painfully obvious how much better it could've been if it was way more polished. The world is also very interesting, sort of a mix of Deus Ex and Warhammer 40k, which only makes the wasted potential much worse.

Overall: :tmeh:

Rush :tmeh:

I'm considering this one completed. I've only got the 5 hidden levels, the bonus challenges, and the potato levels to complete. But I did all the easy, medium and hard levels. Those bonus challenges are really difficult.

Easy and medium was quite easy. Hard because quite tough, took me quite a while to figure them out. The remaining challenges are quite difficult.

Either way, it's a pure puzzle game. You have to guide moving blocks from start to finish, without them to collide with other moving blocks. I rarely finish pure puzzle games because at some point these puzzles games start to rely on speed and agility. This isn't the case with Rush, the puzzles simply become more difficult to solve. For <5 euros it's quite a good price for the amount of fun I had.

Well, the other day I played through Twisted Pixel's "The Maw". Short, but fun. (I did not buy or play the DLC.)

But, in slightly more exciting news... I finally got all the achievements in the 360 version of The Cave. I love that game, and while it did have some problems, I enjoyed all 20 or so playthroughs of it I've done.

20 playthroughs.

Hey, I just beat Loom for the first time. Played it ocne, long ago, but didn't make it far. It's kind of a neat game, has a neat idea, weavers using music to alter reality or whatever. Story is pretty mediocre, but fun enough. HOWEVER. What the hell, it's a game whose core theme is so closely linked to music, and yet you spend almost the entire game in silence? Ughhhhh. 

Also, I played the talkie version. I remember reading once that the talkie version had some removed content? But I don't know any details. 

Also also, the game is really short. Which I appreciate! Fuck long games.

Finally finished The Walking Dead. I imagine among this crowd I am way way way late to the party, but I have to say: Holy Shit.

I just beat Hitman Contracts HD and... I don't really know what to think? I'm relatively decent at Metal Gear and Splinter Cell, but this is just so different. Since you are a hired hitman a pacifist run is impossible I presume, but is it me or stealth just optional in this game? 

The worst part about this game is there is no rhyme or reason to how guards find bodies. I hid one at my hideout, they somehow found it... I was still carrying it and they STILL "found" it, yet I could see no guard. Sometimes the guard just magically run to body even though it wasn't in their patrol path, they couldn't see it from their position and I used the silencer and sometimes this frustrates me so that I just give up on stealth and kill everybody.

It does feel satisfying when you manage to pull a "professional" job, even though I can't fathom why I wasn't caught, sometimes the body you don't bother to hide is never found, sometimes the body you dragged all the way to start of the level where there are no enemies is found.

I still have the rest of the trilogy to play before PSN+ rewards us with the last game, but I hope the AI in the other games work better than in this one.

Oddly enough, while I freaked out when I saw I had limited saves, in the end I never needed half as many saves.

20 playthroughs.

Hey, I just beat Loom for the first time. Played it ocne, long ago, but didn't make it far. It's kind of a neat game, has a neat idea, weavers using music to alter reality or whatever. Story is pretty mediocre, but fun enough. HOWEVER. What the hell, it's a game whose core theme is so closely linked to music, and yet you spend almost the entire game in silence? Ughhhhh. 

Also, I played the talkie version. I remember reading once that the talkie version had some removed content? But I don't know any details. 

Also also, the game is really short. Which I appreciate! Fuck long games.

I don't know if this carries over to the disk version or not, but the FM Towns version tends to have music playing constantly. The Redbook audio stuff from the CD version you played meant dialogue had to be cut and longer music removed, so it's maybe not the best way to play?

Finished Kirby's Adventure on Wii U Virtual Console today and realized it was the first time I've ever beaten an NES game. I used to own the GBA remake of this game, and I'm pretty sure it was the first game I ever 100%ed. Memories.

I played about 30 minutes of Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus on the PlayStation Vita. It is Ninja Gaiden, so don't play it if you already played that game and/or don't love that kind of combat. They didn't really do anything to adapt it better to handheld. I'm done with it. Thank goodness I got it on PS+.  B)

I don't know if this carries over to the disk version or not, but the FM Towns version tends to have music playing constantly. The Redbook audio stuff from the CD version you played meant dialogue had to be cut and longer music removed, so it's maybe not the best way to play?

Yyyyyep. Man, now I'm sad. The dialogue was nice, but I would've much preferred to have music. What a weird thing. Should've looked into it before playing. ):

Just finished Shadows of the Damned, it was awesome, characters with humor(!), good weapons and combat, lovely designs and good pacing.

Yyyyyep. Man, now I'm sad. The dialogue was nice, but I would've much preferred to have music. What a weird thing. Should've looked into it before playing. ):

Ah I guess I left out that that is the only version that has voice acting however.

I played about 30 minutes of Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus on the PlayStation Vita. It is Ninja Gaiden, so don't play it if you already played that game and/or don't love that kind of combat. They didn't really do anything to adapt it better to handheld. I'm done with it. Thank goodness I got it on PS+.  B)

They didn't change anything at all? I though the Vita version added some extras at least?

Whoa! You have the FM Towns version? Even if that's emulated, that's pretty hardcore!

I beat Hitman 2: Silent Assassin and it was a world apart from Contracts. I could actually hide a body without getting it found magically! And in this game it feels just great when you managed to pull a hit without raising and alarm, but the best is that it's still fun to play in a "non-stealthy shoot everyone" way, with no health refills and limited saves, both options are a fun challenge!

The most fun part was finding out I could shoot through keyholes! That really changes up a lot of the game, except 

the final "boss" I shot him a thousand times through a keyhole, but it seems the game forces you to kill him with a sniper rifle?

I can't wait to get to Blood Money! :3

Whoa! You have the FM Towns version? Even if that's emulated, that's pretty hardcore!

Haha, yeah it's emulated. I think copies of the damn thing go for $400 and up on Ebay. Even then it would be pointless for me to legitimately own the packaging since it would all be in Japanese.

But yeah I finished it years back just to see the readded dialogue from the disk version I never played, hear the extra music, and see all of the VGA close up portraits.