gdf

Recently completed video games

I've just beaten Ocarina of Time 3D and I don't remember Ganon being this easy, I never needed to use a potion in the final battles once!

Also, has anybody noticed how rupees are almost useless in this game? But besides that, this game has stood the test of time! :tup:

I beat Red Faction: Armageddon and it was a total piece of garbage. If you have any affection for Space Asshole, I would strongly recommend you don't waste your time with this.

Portal 2. Yay, it was portal!

Writing and story was great, loved the whole vibe and the new mechanics were really cool. This is going to sound really lame, but a lot of really wasn't that challenging like the first. The puzzle element was way better, but there wasnt any sense of speed or danger that the first offered, portal 1 was a really good hybrid of puzzle and fps reflexes.

I guess it's a better game for it, but I always like the moments where within a few short seconds I'd be at my goal and because of the furious clicking and turning I really had no idea how I arrived there. It was only until the last actual test chamber where they introduced the puzzel + reflex element and it was really basic.

Oh and one last thing, FMV at the end was a bit disappointing, kind of took me out of the action and I started to remember Fallout 2.

Other than that, it's amazing.

Let's see, I have recently finished Metal Gear Acid (although still trying to collect all of those fucking cards, AUGH!), Prince of Persia 3D, Sands of Time, and Popeye for cell phones!

I completed yesterday Back to the Future episode 5 so now that is complete. It was a delight to hear MJ Fox acting a few roles there.

All in all the season was ok, but Telltale's QA department seriously needs to step up and start working better. The game stopping bug in BttF ep 5 was something that made me really pissed during the weekend.

I have also recently completed Duke Nukem Manhattan Project, this happened just before I had my hand surgery. This was a really solid sidescroller game. I had it for years and never really went all the way through, but this time I finished it and it was a delight. It took things from the two original sidescrollers and made it even better.

[thread=7771]Capsized[/thread] :tup:

Awesome little game, but great music, fun gameplay, and quite some nice environments. The difficulty of the game ramps up quite fast in the end. In the beginning you can finish levels without dieing, then maybe one death, but the last few levels will take quite some lives. The last level is a bit of a "meat circus". Specially because wasting lives because you don't know how to continue. But overall it's a fun game.

You're so right about Capsized, it took me ages even to figure out how to beat the final level! But it was worth it!

I beat Fallout New Vegas, which I ruined for myself because I convinced myself the game would end when the main mission ended, but it was just the start.

Even though I know it wasn't true a part of my brain thought the game should have ended then, but since it didn't I felt kinda frustrated for the rest of the game.

I also beat "Contra" Hard Corps: Uprising. I don't know why the took out the "Contra" out of the name since the left the music cues and power ups from the Contra series. The only difference is that you don't fight aliens, but it's a Contra to me anyway... A very awesome one too! Since it was made by the crew behind Guilty Gear and BlazBlue it looked gorgeous and it a frantic roller coaster of fun until the end! :tup:

So I got 100% Completion in LA Noire today. I collected everything, unlocked everything, etc, etc. I actually quite enjoyed spending more time driving around 1947 LA. I wish my chauffeur partner wouldn't have kept chastising me so much when I clipped stuff, but it was still fun driving around that city.

I also completed the Nicholson Electroplating DLC, and it had some random moments: The boss of a (apparently large) company insisting the ticket stub from a laundry service had to belong to this particular employee... because he knew for a fact that nobody else in the company used a laundry service. That's one knowledgeable boss!

Anyways, unfortunately you don't seem to get anything for 100% Completion. No new vehicles, suits, weapons, unlimited ammo... anything. Shame, but I did enjoy collecting the film reels, reading about landmarks and generally being a terror on the streets of 1947 LA.

One achievement left: The 5 star all cases one, but I'm not sure I'll bother re-doing all the missions to get it. They're really not much fun the second time around -- in fact they're surprisingly unenjoyable -- and you can't skip most of the cut-scenes. If only I hadn't insisted on driving everywhere on my playthrough, I would have had more 5 star cases, and so less to redo for the achievement.

My hat has come all the way off for you, sir. I started collecting badges and reels, but quickly realized I did not have the strength of character to pull it off. Mad props, to be sure!

My hat has come all the way off for you, sir. I started collecting badges and reels, but quickly realized I did not have the strength of character to pull it off. Mad props, to be sure!

Haha, thankye sir. Not much of a reason for props, but I'll take them :)

Did some marathon Trenched coop playing with the free XBL Gold over the weekend. Still missing a bunch of individual/regiment challenge unlocked stuff and some rare drops. Farming rare drops is a drag though. They need to make everything buyable in the store; I have ~$200k and nothing to spend it on and the last 5-6 times I've run a level to try and get the "king" artillery has given me "princes" and mr. pancakes. I think I'm done unless they give me some easy way to see the cool/rare toys, not that it isn't a great game/good value for the money.

Woah! 100 percenting a Rockstar game does deserve some major congratulations! :tup:

I played the whole Rebirth series on Wii Ware:

-Contra Rebirth: It felt so mediocre after playing Hard Corps Uprising...

-Castlevania ReBirth: Wow, this is so bland and uninspired!

-Gradius ReBirth: The only half decent one in the bunch.

(Insert jokes about "ReBirth? More like "ReHashed/ReHeated Pizza/Regurgitated/Really? You thought this would please the fans?" joke here)

I also played Adventure Island The Beginning, which completely breaks the game by adding a shop to buy new abilities. Having the ability to double jump and glide combined with upgradeable weapons makes the game almost too easy! Then again, I guess it's the payoff for having the skill to collecting the upgrade items?

Just finished Link's Awakening DX on my 3DS Virtual Console. Man, that game is still fucking fantastic. Also, when compared to the other offerings on the 3DS VC right now, as much as I love SML, Kirby, and have taken a liking to DK94, it really blows them out of the water for value and overall experience. SML and Kirby I can beat in under an hour, and that's BOTH games in the same hour. I must have put at least 10 into Link's Awakening, though I have no idea what the actual number is. It felt great to replay what is still one of my favourite games ever. Anyone with a 3DS and $6, if you don't own this there is something truly wrong with you.

SML and Kirby I can beat in under an hour, and that's BOTH games in the same hour.

Ha, I remember buying Kirby's Dream Land at the mall and beating it in the car before getting home a half hour later.

And Link's Awakening might be my favorite Zelda game; it might have the best ending of the series; there was even a weird callback to it in the end of Phantom Hourglass.

I have never played Link's Awakening in color. I wonder if it would sully my memories...

Patters would say yes. I would say "meh."

Link's awakening in colour is like Shindler's list in full colour.

I played Link's Awakening on a Gameboy Color. It was before backlit screens so it was super hard to see and the color was barely color. I can't imagine it being much different than the sap-green & metallic-khaki version. It is also my favorite Zelda story and the only Zelda game (aside from Link to the Past) I actually went on to finish all the way through. I generally quit the Zelda games when I get to the final staircase to Ganondorf's perch. At that point, I lose interest, like clockwork.

I generally quit the Zelda games when I get to the final staircase to Ganondorf's perch. At that point, I lose interest, like clockwork.

:tup:

while this is true for me with pretty much all of them except 1 and 3, no game is a better example of it than Windwaker. I found all the heart pieces and secrets and all that nonsense and the only thing left to do was to storm Gannon and i shut it off. forever.

This is the part where i pull my hair out while screaming about how cool the ending of Wind Waker is.

Link stabs Ganondorf in the fucking face! Way to go tiny adorable Link!

He's not lying. The end of Wind Waker is probably second only to the end of Link's Awakening for badass Zelda endings.

So I quit trying to finish Ocarina.

As far as I can tell, I put ~17 hours into it. My opinion of Zelda remains mostly unchanged.

Changes of opinion:

- Nicely designed dungeons. Sometimes.

- Hey, I now get that joke about the godsdamned fucking fairy. Oh gods, why.

- Why was the N64 controller so horrible?

Other than that, I cannot and will not ever touch another Zelda game.

So, as much as Wind Waker's ending is worth it and good (which I don't know from first-hand experience), I can safely say that Twilight Princess's ending is not worth it and not good. In fact, giving up around the Sky Temple would have been a much better experience for me.

Did you make it to/through the Water Temple. Man I used to have that thing down to like 20 minutes start to finish.

I busted out my Gamecube games to hook up to my Wii. The character models in Windwaker still look great, but the environments, especially when blurred in the distance, don't look great. Also, when will Nintendo learn how to design a control scheme for third person games? Stupid Z-camera.

A bunch of good games here that I got really far in, but never finished - Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Killer7.