Everything's like that, the problem is just turned all the way up to 11 since it's such a small and focused game.

I just like to shoot with iron sight. Spraying isn't my thing and it's only wasting a lot of bullets for doing nothing. I've played the demo now for about an hour, it's OK. I'll see if I can get over it. It's annoying how arcadey the sniper is, though.

It doesn't take military training to understand that focusing on your shot and picking your targets is more precise than not.

It does take military training not to shit yourself and spray bullets into the nearest pavement when a crowd of lunatics comes charging at you, though. And just how practical is standing still, trying to bullseye one of [15] sprinting, brain-crazed cannibals? Not very, unless you're up high or have a good stretch of ground between you and them--both circumstances being deliberately infrequent in L4D.

L4D isn't meant to be a deep game as far as gunplay's concerned. The depth comes from the tactics and teamwork. Nothing has beaten the gunplay in Modern Warfare for me as yet - the weapons are chunky and really satisfying - but I've found L4D to be consistently more enjoyable as a team-play game.

liquid, it would be great to get you involved in one of our L4D2 demo excursions. The Thumbs' L4D crowd are great fun and it might make up for your (understandable) disappointment with the guns. :yep:

I have no mic for speaking and you wouldn't want me to talk anyway, my pronunciation is so bad now (haven't spoken English in 5 years since High School) :D Would love to join you for a few games, though.

I've had a hunger for L4D this week, but with no recourse other than public games.

Jeeeeeeezus it makes me hate humanity so much. What is it about this game that attracts so many ADHD sufferers? Most people leave a lobby if it doesn't go to a game within 5 seconds. Then there's the constant ragequits, or the teams who use unbeatable exploits to ensure a win. Or the teams than sprint off and don't notice that you have been pounced, and then vote-kick you for "beign laem".

Are all online games like this now?

Ahhg. I love this game but I can't stand the people who play it.

Except for you, you gorgeous Thumbs people. It makes me love you all the more.

Things were much better when the game was still new. I remember having fun playing with the general public then.

Nowadays the public is comprised of either the super hardcore "experts" or the fairly new noobs. The "experts" are control freaks who expect you to do things in a specific manner and would quit in an instant should you not follow their every order. The newbies fall victim to these "experts" and us normal folk have to suffer through another shitty game.

I am hoping things would change when L4D2 comes out and all of us become noobs again. Until ofcourse the cycle starts all over. Fortunately, I have the good folks from Thumbs to play with when the need arises. **

So do you guys play on Steam of Live? If you're on Steam you can add me - The_Mirror for some L4D2 demo action.

So do you guys play on Steam of Live? If you're on Steam you can add me - The_Mirror for some L4D2 demo action.

As far as I'm aware, all Idle Thumbs branded L4D activity thus far has been on Steam.

Things were much better when the game was still new. I remember having fun playing with the general public then.

Nowadays the public is comprised of either the super hardcore "experts" or the fairly new noobs. The "experts" are control freaks who expect you to do things in a specific manner and would quit in an instant should you not follow their every order. The newbies fall victim to these "experts" and us normal folk have to suffer through another shitty game.

I am hoping things would change when L4D2 comes out and all of us become noobs again. Until ofcourse the cycle starts all over. Fortunately, I have the good folks from Thumbs to play with when the need arises. **

I cannot agree more with Scratch on this point. Recently the most fun I have had playing this game has been with groups of organised, and decent people who understand this is a game, for everyone to have fun with. Looking forward to the next official Thumbs gathering on L4D!

:woohoo:

Unsurprisingly the servers are a bit busy at the moment, so it might deny you at first, but keep trying and you should get through.

I downloaded the L4D2 demo to my 360 a few days ago, and i didn't expect much. Long story short, i have lost count of how many times i have gone trough the demo, and i pre-ordered the game.

It's a shame that i won't be able to play with the thumbs community. Since you guys seem to be going for the pc version.

I do have other sites i go to where the 360 is the prominent version. So i'll see if i can get something going there. Even the randoms people i encountered on XBL were pretty good. There was a couple of times where i encountered tards who enjoyed team killing, but that seemed to be a rarity

Finally got around to playing with Thumbs!

Hopefully I'll be around next week too, get some good ole L4D in before L4D2 drops upon us.

Was fun, thanks again guys.:woohoo:

^^That must have been the expert campaign game right? We had another versus game going, but it got filled pretty fast with mostly friends of other folks, who unfortunately we couldn't kick.

Apologies to the regulars who missed out on the versus game.:getmecoat

Yeah, it was me n0wak, wrestlevania and a guy called shilling (I'm not sure if he's on the forums, if you are hello! and sorry :P)

We swapped it back to Advanced after the tank punched our lights out a few times, but it was good.

Well, Sundays are possibly the worst day of the week for me to game, so I may be persuaded to join a later one if I'm free. No promises, of course, but I'll add you.

Yesterday was awesome, even though our team lost most of the time. I'll take my part of the blame, as I haven't played in 4 months and I was jetlagging to the point were I felt awake but in reality it was information overload.

Still though, it was tonnes of fun and that's basically the important thing.

Shilling is on the forums. He goes by the name "DanJW". I might be wrong though.:mock:

Yes that's me!

Was fun playing with you Rawru, welcome to the fold. SuspectKitten will be pleased to have another woman on board I'm sure (hope the little-un gets well soon!)

I'm keen to have another shot at expert mode, next time we have a spill-over game. All the thumbs have advanced down pat by now, and it's nice to feel that old sense of fear again.

Damn, missed it.

There's always next sunday. Though that would most likely be our last L4D game. Most of us will be moving onto L4D2 after that.

Oh, I thought you were playing the demo. I don't have L4D, anyway. Planning on probably getting L4D2.

I still need to survive Death Toll on expert, if anyone's interested. I've been in a team that's beaten it, but only one guy made it to the escape vehicle so I didn't get the ALL-IMPORTANT ACHIEVEMENT.

Last night's game was lots of fun, and it was nice to be on a team that beat a versus finale, even if it was because the opposing team had their first tank spawn somewhere impossible to escape or something. It was an enjoyably close-cut thing on several occasions, at least once because of idiocy on my part. But that makes it fun and satisfying. Particularly if you win after all, of course.

I am always up for an expert campaign run, even though I have that particular achievement. Invite me if you see me online.