I still need to survive Death Toll on expert, if anyone's interested. I've been in a team that's beaten it, but only one guy made it to the escape vehicle so I didn't get the ALL-IMPORTANT ACHIEVEMENT.

Totally. I have beat two of the expert campaigns - I can't remember which two though. Still happy to do any of them.

Yeah, it was me n0wak, wrestlevania and a guy called shilling (I'm not sure if he's on the forums, if you are hello! and sorry :P)

We swapped it back to Advanced after the tank punched our lights out a few times, but it was good.

Yes, good fun. Sorry I had to duck out before the end though. :getmecoat

Yes, good fun. Sorry I had to duck out before the end though. :getmecoat

We managed to survive it through to the end without you and without Lewis so thanks for nothing :finger::grin:. He was a good bit of Tank bait.

Argh, I keep forgetting about these scheduled games until it's too late. I'm gonna try to join in next Sunday, but my terrible memory can make no guarantees.

Totally. I have beat two of the expert campaigns - I can't remember which two though. Still happy to do any of them.

I can't remember if I've done anything other than Dead Air on Expert to date. Would be great to get the other 3* as well.

*Crash Course is balls and so doesn't count. :shifty:

Right you bastards, I am sick and tired of packing my life up into annoying shitty boxes that look like they will fall apart any minute. My back hurts, I'm grumpy, I just ate 200g of Dairy Milk and I still feel bad (although now with added guilt) AND I just found out from Weds I won't have internet access at home until 10th Dec (unless a repeater from four doors down from my new house works).

So, if I don't get the chance to shoot zombies tonight, I will shoot real people*. You can't let that happen. So I will be only from 7:45pm and if the game is full I WILL KILL EVERYONE I MEET FOR THE NEXT 24 HRS. And it will be all your fault.

kk?

* I am of course, kidding. I will merely kick them in the shins. :(

Right you bastards, I am sick and tired of packing my life up into annoying shitty boxes that look like they will fall apart any minute. My back hurts, I'm grumpy, I just ate 200g of Dairy Milk and I still feel bad (although now with added guilt) AND I just found out from Weds I won't have internet access at home until 10th Dec (unless a repeater from four doors down from my new house works).

So, if I don't get the chance to shoot zombies tonight, I will shoot real people*. You can't let that happen. So I will be only from 7:45pm and if the game is full I WILL KILL EVERYONE I MEET FOR THE NEXT 24 HRS. And it will be all your fault.

kk?

* I am of course, kidding. I will merely kick them in the shins. :(

I like how you only asterisked the first occurrence of killing.

Cadbury's names for chocolate things confuses my american self :eek:

I just read Bridget Jones' Diary and she talks about eating 12 Milk Trays, so of course I'm imagining the literal cows milk versions.. Like an ice cube tray filled with ice cube milk.

Or in Suspect's case a carton of sweetened milk.

:erm:

Thanks to google images I now know better... Also I think its weird that Cadbury is such a huge chocolates producer and yet we only have their caramel filled eggs over here.

Thanks to google images I now know better... Also I think its weird that Cadbury is such a huge chocolates producer and yet we only have their caramel filled eggs over here.

I know, it's so strange about US vs UK stuff. Like, why the flup do we not have TacoBells in the UK? Or burrito shacks everywhere? I mean, it's the best take out food anywhere, and yet we have burgers and kebab (or for my over the pond friends, kabobs) :hmph:

See also, Hersheys. Now, personally, I hate Hersheys. But it's such a big US brand, how comes it didn't make it over here?

And don't get me started on CHEESE WHIZZ :mock:

Anyway. I bet all the guys are pissed off there are 2 girls now. See boys, all we ever do is talk about food... ;-) As you were, back to gaming chat.

Hey if you want to get into some versus action, you should make sure you get there early. Spots filled up pretty quick last week and I expect them to do so again this time around.

Of course, we could potentially have multiple games going, but wouldn't you rather play as one group? Not to mention, this might be the last L4D game for most of us. Moving on to L4D2 next week.

I'll be getting home from work at 4:30 today (2130 GMT, I think) and if anyone is still online I should probably have some stress to work out.

OK after a couple more run-throughs on the demo, I am getting the game (2).

Sorry I bailed on our post-Left 4 Thumbs session last night--that server we landed on was hacked to shit and very stupid to play. Who do morons insist on doing this still?! :frusty:

Glad you're getting the full game though! It's out tomorrow, so I guess you could preload it today..? We'll probably have a big kick-off session tomorrow night I would imagine (assuming I don't get called rood names for binning Grand Thumb Auto again).

Sorry I bailed on our post-Left 4 Thumbs session last night--that server we landed on was hacked to shit and very stupid to play. Who do morons insist on doing this still?! :frusty:

Glad you're getting the full game though! It's out tomorrow, so I guess you could preload it today..? We'll probably have a big kick-off session tomorrow night I would imagine (assuming I don't get called rood names for binning Grand Thumb Auto again).

Yeah, paid for it last night, I'll probably play GTA tomorrow, maybe up for an earlier session though, midterm season means I want to just pick up and play familiar stuff really.

EDIT: I want to set up a stand for a mic I have (no headset, or need for one really), shall try and do that soon.

Does anyone have some way I can hack my game of L4D in such a way that it prevents me from playing public games? Because I keep on giving in to temptation and having a go, and having my afternoon completely ruined. I really, really hate the human race as representated by the average random L4D player. After fianlly finding a game that was actually going along more or less ok, 2 players quit my team when the other one has a go at them, then the new players instantly vote me off.

seriously?

AHGHGHGHHHHHHHHHHHHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH!!!!FUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!

Since no one on my friends list is playing any more I think I might be better off un-installing it :fart:

Dude just hit me an invite if you see me online. I'll help you out. I am always up to play the original game rather than the sequel.

I'd like to start learning how to make my own maps and stuff like that, problem is I can't afford L4D now. Does anyone know of any way to get the authoring tools without the game(no warez)? I hear they will release those for L4D2 in a few months which is too much time to waste.

Edited by liquid

Hmm, well the map authoring tools won't be too much use if you can't test them in the game

I'd suggest getting Counter-Strike Source (if you don't own any other Source engine games) and start learning the Hammer editor with that. Then when you can get L4D you will know what you're doing with regards to mapmaking.

Best of luck!

Good games tonight everyone! Thanks for a great couple of hours...

I like the format that seems to be developing - couple of versus games, then finishing off the evening with a few rounds of scavenge...

Hope to see everyone at the next official meet, and perhaps inbetween at 'unofficial' games!

Cheers!

Finished the last campaign tonight, The Parish, with the kind help of n0wak. Also, thanks to Wrestle and ysbreker for joining us on the other campaigns.

The campaigns in L2D are really excellent, but this game is much too hard. It's like they labelled the difficulty levels incorrectly or something.