Good games tonight everyone! Thanks for a great couple of hours...

Sad to have missed it! You guys getting online earlier and earlier. I'll have to sneak on at like 1900 or something next time I grab net access :)

I can't believe I pre-ordered L4D2 and still haven't been able to play it with the crew, total su><><0r :violin:

It's way too damn brutal. As someone who is not that good at FPSs, even Normal kills me way too often. Still fun, but approaches not-fun with its difficulty with surprising frequency.

I just had to give up on the parish on expert on the 3rd level. It took us almost 2 hours to get there. It was incredibly intense with Patters, scratche and Lord Korax. It was fun though.

I am one day going to finish all levels on expert. it will take a while. But I will!

I just had to give up on the parish on expert on the 3rd level. It took us almost 2 hours to get there. It was incredibly intense with Patters, scratche and Lord Korax. It was fun though.

I am one day going to finish all levels on expert. it will take a while. But I will!

I completely agree.

That game showed me that I have no patience for Expert. I'm a pretty calm guy, but one or two more deaths and I might have broken my headset.

I played a few of the campaigns, I think 3 of them, and I want to kick myself in the balls. Why didn't I like this a year ago? It's awesome. The characters are definitely a lot, lot better and funnier. The shotguns are really powerful and I really enjoy zombies flying away when I shoot them - something that is somewhat missing from L4D2, imo.

But it's too limited, very few guns, it's all at night and while the maps are great they also have that sameish feel to them, it's like I'm playing a Doom type of game - most of the time I'm closed off between walls, etc. Also, it's 10 times easier than L4D2 - tanks and witches die really easy, zombies aren't as much.

I'm looking forward to finishing the game and trying some of the better user created campaigns out there.

Actually, that's a thought. Those of you playing L4D2 primarily right now, what say one of these days we get a group rallied and blow through the first game which will now seem comically easy by comparison?

Actually, that's a thought. Those of you playing L4D2 primarily right now, what say one of these days we get a group rallied and blow through the first game which will now seem comically easy by comparison?

I have tasty achievements still to grab on the first game's campaigns--and Expert ones at that. :yep:

I have tasty achievements still to grab on the first game's campaigns--and Expert ones at that. :yep:

I'd be up for that. I didn't have much opportunity to play L4D on PC until recently, and have some achievements, too.

I can't say as I'll be around tomorrow--likely launching the company's new Twitter/Facebook for Christmas at some point Sunday night.

What about next week some time? Thursday (10th) maybe?

I may be good for that. I need to spend the night working hard on a paper, but the afternoon could be a go. That's night for you anyway, so I think that works.

Aww now I have, what's the phrase? 'pwned my own self'.

I'm being lighting technician in an amateur theatre production all week. doh.

On the off chance that I get the Thursday off, I will be there.

Apologies. I missed Thursday due to things being too hectic at home and work; shitty of me, I know, after I suggested Thursday in the first place... :getmecoat

What's a better day for you guys (Miffy, Dan)?

Ugh. I'm starting a new job on Monday, one with ridiculous hours for little reward. Hence I will have almost no free time during the week.

So only weekend gaming for me from now on ;(

So I should finally have a copy of the original from the weekend onwards, may have to ping some people to play.

BRING BACK LEFT4DEAD1! BRING BACK LEFT4DEAD1! BRING BACK LEFT4DEAD1! BRING BACK LEFT4DEAD1! BRING BACK LEFT4DEAD1! BRING BACK LEFT4DEAD1! BRING BACK LEFT4DEAD1! BRING BACK LEFT4DEAD1! BRING BACK LEFT4DEAD1! BRING BACK LEFT4DEAD1! BRING BACK LEFT4DEAD1! BRING BACK LEFT4DEAD1! BRING BACK LEFT4DEAD1! BRING BACK LEFT4DEAD1! BRING BACK LEFT4DEAD1! BRING BACK LEFT4DEAD1! BRING BACK LEFT4DEAD1! BRING BACK LEFT4DEAD1! BRING BACK LEFT4DEAD1! BRING BACK LEFT4DEAD1! BRING BACK LEFT4DEAD1!

:yep:

:tup:

:clap:

I'd be game, but finding time at the moment is a bit harsh. If anyone who has me on Steam fancies a game and I'm online, ship me an invite and I'll at least respond with a reasonable excuse if not a positive reply.

Thanks for the versus games today everyone! Fuzzy Lobster and I hope to see you guys back on L4D soon. Cheers!

Yeah great to see you and Fuzzy yesterday Dan! I especially liked Fuzzy being on the other team ;)*

Hopefully we can meet up next week or soon after for some more l4d action:tup::tup:

*(only kidding Fuzzy!:grin:)

Forgive my ignorance, but I missed out on who Fuzzy Lobster is, possibly when skype dropped me from the conversation. I would really love to do L4D1 again. Even though we can easily point out the numerous flaws that they fixed in L4D2, it still is much more exciting and enjoyable.

Also as sleepdance said, long awaited "I hate Mountains" mod is out. I think we should give that a go sometime.

Fuzzy lobster is a forum poster who doubles as a 'lady in the background' whenever Strangepork is playing. She tried her hand at a bit of L4D last night briefly, hence my post.

I will have to google about this I hate mountains thing...I am always in the dark...Pirate usually keeps me up to date, or Patski. BOTH HAVE FAILED ME :tdown:

I really suck at this game. L4D2 is a better experience, for me, it has a better flow to it. It's always good to play with Thumbs people I haven't before.

Y'all seemed to have had much more fun in the second round then...

After I'd left?

Coincidence?

Hmmm...

:hah:

I like L4D, but it seems that it's very easily to get brutalised now, compared to L4D2...

I still wish I could bring my Abakan AN94 to the versus game though...