Err alright, so this makes two Sundays that go by and I get the event notice, head to the idle thumbs page, stare for a second then skitter off...

I'm an incredibly awkward human being who would like to play with you all but didn't know how to approach it (seeing as I'm quite new to the community and havent interacted yet with most of you). I tried to send a message to a couple people whos names I recognized but it didnt want to let me. Then I felt too awkward about randomly friending. So, I suppose I'll ask here...

Who doesnt mind being my friend on Steam that plays on Sundays (so I may join in on the zombie killing)?

I guess this is my way of asking if I can sit at your table for lunch :P

I have had nothing but good experiences ever since I randomly started playing Grand Thumb Auto. It is in truth a very easy-going group of people.

I don't think people are gonna throw a fit if you try to befriend them. Have you joined the Idle Thumbs group on Steam? If you carry the Thumbs badge, people will greet you as one of their own!

I guess the only problem you might encounter is that the game is filled up quickly because there's only room for 8. Looks like more people joined after I left though, so maybe they're running multiple games these days?

I guess this is my way of asking if I can sit at your table for lunch :P

I'm kinda the same, but once you get into a group like this it becomes easy after the first awkward "hi" moments. It's easier when you have things scheduled because there's an expectation for just joining parties and what not (I would find it awkward just trying to randomly join a group in some off time).

If you have the L4D2 demo preloaded, you can try that on Tuesday evening. I think many will be online.

Sign me up to awkwardly say 'hi' to the Idle Thumbs community, while playing Left 4 Dead 2. Totally look me up and add me, if you want to play. I headshot things a lot.

So, I suppose I'll ask here...

Who doesnt mind being my friend on Steam that plays on Sundays (so I may join in on the zombie killing)?

I've added you - and PiratePoo - so feel free to add me back.

I'm usually responsible for heading up the Left 4 Thumbs (and Grand Thumb Auto) sessions, but have been out of the loop for a little while due to family commitments. Started getting back into the swing of things yesterday though, and you're more than welcome to join in.

Only thing to be aware of is these sessions tend to fill up quickly, so trick is get online a good 10 minutes before they're set to start.

And, speaking of which, now's probably a good time to mention that we've just switched back to GMT (from BST) in the UK, so we're now playing an hour later on Sundays. If you're not sure, join the Idle Thumbs group on Steam and the Events Calendar should automatically adjust to your time zone for you.

Edit: I've just setup a mini L4D2 event for tomorrow at 9pm GMT, which is the time the pre-order demo will be unlocked.

Edited by Wrestlevania
bicuz i r stoopud

Well, i am *super* friendly, and tend to often be shit at games at first, then in theory get better (shh at the back) so when I joined in with the L4Ders I was a total n00b and everyone was (and still is) very sweet.

I am StaticKitten on steam, please feel free to friend me and ping me a msg saying you're from round 'ere :) Also, msg me any time if you want to join in. If there's space, you're always welcome. :woohoo:

And, speaking of which, now's probably a good time to mention that we've just switched back to GMT (from BST) in the UK, so we're now playing an hour earlier on Sundays. If you're not sure, join the Idle Thumbs group on Steam and the Events Calendar should automatically adjust to your time zone for you.

Hour later, I think you'll find ;)

Also, Wrestle, talking of times.. Seeing as it's all changed anyway a bit, is there any reason we can't do 8pm? That way it stays the same for everyone else, but also, 9pm always feels just a tad too late for me to get 2 games in, whereas 8pm I could probably squeeze two in ;)

Anyway, just throwing that thought out there. I know some of the others were up for it when I mentioned it previously, but you weren't about then so didn't want to do anything more until you said yay or nay.

Hour later, I think you'll find ;)

Oh, heh... :getmecoat

Also, Wrestle, talking of times.. Seeing as it's all changed anyway a bit, is there any reason we can't do 8pm?

Could do, although 9pm for other events has worked out OK in the past - particularly for them overseas types. I'll setup a poll at some point shortly and see what shakes out though.

I don't mind either way. I like that fact that we could have two complete games in one night. I guess it's matter of particular timezones. In my case, it's totally fine, doesn't change much since it happens to be in the afternoon.

I think I'll be abstaining from further L4D sessions for the time being, on account of the fact that:

• I suck at L4D
  • My computer tends to crash about three fourths into the game on account of the fact that it gets to hot.

I will electronically befriend ANY THUMB. It's always a good idea to include some sort of indication of how you know a person before requesting e-friendship, of course. I occasionally get blank friend requests on my PS3 and it is AWKWARD and AWFUL. Generally that's a case of mistaken identify, though.

I think I'll be abstaining from further L4D sessions for the time being

DON'T WORRY, I STILL LOVE YOU

Concerning L4D2 demo on Tuesday: I am very up for this, but what is the policy on feeling bad about all the collateral damage to our regular GTA session? I want to regulate myself to the officially sanctioned level of guilt.

I think I'll be abstaining from further L4D sessions for the time being, on account of the fact that:

• I suck at L4D
  • My computer tends to crash about three fourths into the game on account of the fact that it gets to hot.

Noooooo! Get well soon. I will miss you.

With any luck I will actually have this coming sunday evening off work and so be able to play. Yaaaay!

Out of interest, is there anyone else who will be unable to get L4D2 at release, and so still be playing L4D classic? I will be sad and lonely all by myself.

#allll byyy my seeeelllllffff etc

I'm down for killing/being zombies. GTA4 can suck it.

• I suck at L4D

Bummer. :violin: Buy a new one?

I'll miss you! Come back soon. And you don't suck at L4D! Or at least, no more or less than the rest of us ;)

Welp, apparently the deadline for unlock has been pushed ahead. I won't get to play it tonight since the unlock time is now at about 7 AM for me. That'd be 6 AM GMT.

*sigh*

Valve...

Perversely enough, I probably will be awake just before 6am GMT, as that's when my younger daughter usually wakes up.

I'll probably be like a zombie though, lulz :shifty:

Balls. Release time has been pushed back again. Now I'm starting to get annoyed.