Because if they vanish when they're dead, it's not real and you won't feel compelled to kill anyone yourself! :clap:

zombicorn.jpg

What a crock of shit. :(

I just sent you ca$h, but do tell me if something goes wrong. I thought PayPal would convert the currency, but I got this after sending you the payment:

<snip>

This is new to me, but I'll gladly resend it if you can't accept it for whatever reason.

Thanks. I recieved it just fine.

Got mine all fine and dandy :) Sorry to have not been on here sooner Scratch, might've saved you some forum digging... But anyhoo..

Logging in to PayPal now to send you the moola, thanks for sorting it out. I owe you a beer next time you're in London. :kiss:

Hmm, these go on around Sundays 2pm east coast usa? Am I doing time zones right? Might have to set a reminder to myself to be around.. I love l4d to pieces but hate playing with anything but pre-organized groups.

Between angry pubbers and the lobby/random game system occasionally screwing up inexplicably / giving a horrible server... urgh :sad:

Right then, all of us have it. Problem solved. Time to get all excited again and wait six weeks. Or even less for the early demo!:woohoo:

:yep:

Hmm, these go on around Sundays 2pm east coast usa? Am I doing time zones right? Might have to set a reminder to myself to be around.. I love l4d to pieces but hate playing with anything but pre-organized groups.

Between angry pubbers and the lobby/random game system occasionally screwing up inexplicably / giving a horrible server... urgh :sad:

That's 4pm east coast officially but some of us are occassionally playing either survivor or campaign modes before that time. Join the idle thumbs steam group and you'll see the event notification.

I'm very new to using Steam for multiplayer and I only recently got Left 4 Dead. I joined the Idle Thumbs group. I have no idea how to see what people are playing, other than the list of users at the bottom of the group profile. Then I have to mouse over each one to see.

If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the group's main page, there's a link that says, "View current status of all members." It gives a nice list of members with status and current game right next to their avatars, and if any are joinable, a "Join" link, as well.

If anyone else wants to get in on some L4D2 4-pack action, I'm trying to arrange one for a friend of mine.

Y'know what? To hell with it. If it's a difference of that much money on something I'm going to want to play sooner or later anyway, I'm in. The issue going on with the others made me realize I would actually like to be in on one of these deals.

OK, cool. I think between you and my extra-forum friends we have a full set, so unless anything goes wrong, ENTRY IS NOW CLOSED. I'll PM you concerning the details, Miffy.

Good news everybody*.

I got CrossOver for Mac and now have L4D running!! I'm kind of amazed by it. From CrossOver purchase to L4D playing took me less than an hour (including all downloads), and best of all the game runs better on the fucking MacBook than it ever did on my PC back home. Had to tweak some visual settings down a bit to get the frame rate more consistent, but damn. It's nice. Just played Crash Course. See you tomorrow.

*Except for those that loathe me.

PS. Just saw this on the L4D2 site

Next public showing will be at the London Game Show where Valve will be showing the as-of-yet unannounced new game mode. We really should announce that soon… We can give you one hint, the game is 4 v 4. So get your team together and join us in London on October 29th or 30th.

I think I know where we should have our Idle Thumbs meetup now.

Any 1-2-3-group people here looking for a second, third or fourth? I realize I can just join someone when the event starts, but I like to plan :D

Any 1-2-3-group people here looking for a second, third or fourth? I realize I can just join someone when the event starts, but I like to plan :D

I'll probably be around an hour before the event. Join me if you see me around.

Also, my internetz is on the fritz today, so I may or may not stick around for the whole thing.:frusty:

Next public showing will be at the London Game Show where Valve will be showing the as-of-yet unannounced new game mode.

Is that Scavenge mode?

So get your team together and join us in London on October 29th or 30th.

Shouldn't that be 30th and 31st? Or do they mean Leeds and London, respectively?

Is that Scavenge mode?

Shouldn't that be 30th and 31st? Or do they mean Leeds and London, respectively?

I dunno, maybe there's another event? And maybe another mode?

Anyway, it was jolly good fun today. That massacre at the start of the first game was so perfectly executed (got an achievement out of it too!) that I can forget the loss in the second game :(

Heeeeeeeere's Johnny my new internet connection!

I've missed you guys so much. I look forward to disturbing my new neighbours with the screams of dying infected (and dying survivors).

Heeeeeeeere's Johnny my new internet connection!

I've missed you guys so much. I look forward to disturbing my new neighbours with the screams of dying infected (and dying survivors).

Wuz wonderin' where you'd got to, JayDubya. Hopefully catch you online again soon!

Hey James, still no word from Danny, although he accepted my friend request. Any idea what's going on with the bundle?

HIGHLIGHTS FROM SUNDAY'S GAME

Some moments of glory:

iDZhW4Kwwoo

VBEPOsQvqT0

Tempered by a moment of extreme shame:

3QMEkoKEPpk

A good night all round.

Hey James, still no word from Danny, although he accepted my friend request. Any idea what's going on with the bundle?

I'll pester him about it. On Monday he said he might get it yesterday afternoon, but evidently he didn't. He has enough money, but only just, so when he does buy it it'd be great if repayment could be swift (not that I'd expect anything less).

Tempered by a moment of extreme shame:

3QMEkoKEPpk

I think that was the most co-ordinated and well executed attack I've been a part of. You can seem me getting an achievement for it too!

I'll ignore the video above it :shifty: