gdf

Life

I decided a week or two ago that my grubby old laptop had to be replaced as it had a raft of technical issues.

Never get an Acer.

I ordered a new one from Dell.

Never do this either.

What the fuck happened to my F Keys?

Instead of the F Keys having additional functions that you toggle by holding down the Fn key, the additional functions are now the PRIMARY FUCKING FUNCTIONS FOR THE KEYS! If I want to use a F key I have to toggle that on by using Fn button.

Want to rename that file? I'm sorry you just turned off your wireless connection. (As if to prove a point, I actually managed to do this one whist typing the previous sentence)

Were you trying to refresh your inbox? Oh deary me, you just hit mute.

Would you like some help? Have a pointless fucking dialog for selecting what monitor setup you have.

:(

Is there any way around this "feature"?

Heh. Bet this is default behaviour because it is on MBPs. It doesn't matter so much on OSX because the F keys are barely used - every shortcut is from the command key as well as F keys.

I'm in Madrid Airport heading to New York to vacate on vacations, it's sunny outside and I quite like that.

Heh. Bet this is default behaviour because it is on MBPs. It doesn't matter so much on OSX because the F keys are barely used - every shortcut is from the command key as well as F keys.

Well also in Pref Panes you uncheck a box and voilà… F keys are F keys again, must be an option somewhere on PC too !

I'm in Madrid Airport heading to New York to vacate on vacations, it's sunny outside and I quite like that.

Sweet! New York state or city? :D Either way, have tons of fun!

Eeeeeeveryone's travelling! First thing tomorrow morning I'm off to Malmö for the Nordic Game convention.

I can't wait to receive my first Crowns, and feel like I'm in Lands of Lore.

Wait, you're in Paris but flying out of Madrid?

Wait, you're in Paris but flying out of Madrid?

Yes, indeed.

200€ saved that way ^.^

Wau! 100 pages.

My parents just flew off, too - they're in Warwickshire buying a house (they're moving back to the UK because my Dad has early-onset ALZ and needs to be somewhere familiar and with affordable healthcare).

Unrelatedly, a London estate agent seems to think I'm looking for flats in the half-a-million-pound price range.

Ah sorry to hear about ya dad. My mum was diagnosed about 3 years ago, but we're sure it had been coming on for about 6 or so. It's one of the reasons I moved back to Shropshire instead of moving to Vancouver!

So, i am on the Nordic Game festival in Sweden (and the first thing that greeted me there was a Scientology stand with two cultists trying to get me to take a dianetics stress test) and so far it is great.

What i would really like t talk about though is how ridiculously great the iPad is. This is the first time i have dabbled intensively with one and it has been such a good experience. It is fast, gorgeous, responsive and useful. I have taken huge notes during presentations, shown publishers my pitch and was able to woo everyone effectively with a parade of screenshots and movies. I tell you the truth, for business, the iPad is a game changer. It makes everything so much more simpler than carrying around a clumsy laptop.

I saw so man iPads today, and the people who didnt have one all resented it. Now all I need is 500 Euro Points for one of my own instead of the company's...

So, i am on the Nordic Game festival in Sweden (and the first thing that greeted me there was a Scientology stand with two cultists trying to get me to take a dianetics stress test)

Yea, that's Scandinavia for you.

I've never seen scientologists in Finland though. So I guess them weirdos are only in the Scandinavian countries :)

Edited by Kolzig

(and the first thing that greeted me there was a Scientology stand with two cultists trying to get me to take a dianetics stress test)

have you punched them in the face with a diamond pickaxe?

I fear for their reaction!

I have seen what I can only assume are vikings running around on the convention. I am dead serious, they have red beards and braided hair.

Also, half of all the people I have seen here have huge tattoos all over their arms and shoulders. Is that a thing in these parts?

I have seen what I can only assume are vikings running around on the convention. I am dead serious, they have red beards and braided hair.

Now, that's Scandinavia for you for real.

Also, half of all the people I have seen here have huge tattoos all over their arms and shoulders. Is that a thing in these parts?

You may in fact be in a Hell's Angels convention. It's ok, though. Just don't criticize their scooters.

In all seriousness, many nordic people are quite into metal music and all the things that go with it, like tattoos and burning churches (the latter one mostly in Norway, though).

My experience of Sweden over the years has contained very few beards, braids, tattoos or Scientologists. Or game festivals. I mainly just see relatives and Öland. It has a fort and a lighthouse.

Well, it happened. At around 6PM GMT+1, the ground split open, the skies turned to fire and our country turned to a wasteland within a few hours. The land is roamed by the walking dead, demons and other evil. I also got a light headache, which is really inconvenient. But hey, at least the internet still works!

Anyway, I learned a lot in the past few hours, so if any of you have any questions about the apocalypse, shoot!

The only sound I'm hearing is the scribbling of religious nuts, hastily recalculating the next date that's sure to bring the rapture.

It is, of course, thoroughly too much to ask for that these people start realizing that they may have been barking up the wrong tree all their lives. That'd require nothing short of a miracle.

What gets me is the one family (though there are no doubt others) that with a newborn child, sold all their shit and moved to their dream location so they could be raptured from there. They're no no-doubt utterly broke and have probably killed their kid.

Religion, arghhhhhhhh.

Ahhh... religion... life would be better without

I share this belief. Maybe we should start a club?

I'm not sure I agree. From what I understand, religion has had some very useful applications in the field of keeping people alive and well and not inbred.