gdf

Life

My work schedule for the next week or so has changed.  I'm basically the only one here for my shift.  I have a very strong urge to rearrange all the cubicle walls to form a giant maze.

My work schedule for the next week or so has changed.  I'm basically the only one here for my shift.  I have a very strong urge to rearrange all the cubicle walls to form a giant maze.

Jean-Luc-Picard-jean-luc-picard-21977752

"Make it so... you handsome devil you."

So... one of my roommates just moved out. So this months rent coming up is higher than I was expecting, and I'm not 100% sure I'll have enough to cover the new fee. On top of that, I'll still have to make a student loan payment soon. And I still have no job. I've already applied for Employment Insurance, but it will take a few weeks before I see any of it (assuming that, after filling out a bunch of forms, I am actually eligible for anything.)

Right now the only possible way I can see of getting the money I need on time is either to try and get some money owed to me for a freelance project I did last year (but so far thats gone nowhere), or to sell some stuff (not that I have a lot right now... some games, my Mac, and some old textbooks...)

Stress levels at maximum, Captain! Full speed ahead!

No shit. I tried using it indoors at work, and I bumped into so many things. I shouldn't be alive.

Can this please go on Wikipedia in the article on self-fulfilling prophecies?

Or, a flying drone with blades slicing you up? Perhaps the Big Dog topic. Glad to see you're still in one piece though!

No shit. I tried using it indoors at work, and I bumped into so many things. I shouldn't be alive.

You know what that means right?

Get a bigger office, obviously.

Today they placed wooden/bamboo Luxaflex® Venetian™ blinds at my place©. A real improvement to the temporary stuff I had. Adds much more warmth to the room, and it looks great. Well worth the thousand bucks I paid for it (I hope).

wooden/bamboo Fluxaflex® jalousie™

...I tried to say that out loud, but it came out as a ridiculous mushy mash of syllables.

The typos didn't help I guess :)

I was watching my Sorny TV while writing that. Also, I guess the proper English name is "venetian blinds". Who knew (not me apparently).

Well a Venetian blind is inside the window, whereas a jalousie is the window. I guess you have jalousies, like a real spy? Or gold plated, embossed, Goldblum-signed-and-numbered-in-silver-ink Venetians.

Like that one time i stayed in a classy hotel and there was a window into the toilet with blinds INSIDE the window and my and my friend took pics of each other on the toilet (posing)?

I've been to a couple of hotels with bathroom windows, and none of those were classy.

No, I really have Venetian blinds, the Dutch name for that is "jaloezie" hence the wrong initial name for the thing I have.

A friend of mine built a quadrotor once. He got it out at a party; it flew under a table and cut someone's toe open. Only a little bit though.

Yeah, there's no protection around the propellers, so they're absolutely terrifying.

That's the sort :)

Here it is; it's made of solid oak. The first actual flight is about one minute in:

Nice, but was there a point to using oak other than an oak quadrocopter being a cool thing? I guess it's easier to modify than styrofoam.

I wonder why the rotor-blades are not shielded on the sides in any way - has it something to do with aerodynamics (or how you call the involved physics)?

My guess is it's both a matter of aerodynamics and weight. But my guess is worthless.

Shielding the blades would dramatically reduce the offensive capabilities of the quad-rotor.

I wonder why the rotor-blades are not shielded on the sides in any way - has it something to do with aerodynamics (or how you call the involved physics)?

It can double as a razor.

I just remembered a thing! Tomorrow it will have been exactly one year since I moved to this city, and exactly six months since I moved into this apartment specifically. I should do something to celebrate.