Garple

(IGN.com)

"GrouchoClub is so fucking hilarious I nearly choked to death on this chewing gum" - IGN.com

I thought I would shove this thread into wordl.

The results are... well

attachment.php?attachmentid=416&d=1235743357

I had to reduce the incidence of 'ign.com' and 'game' because they dwarfed everything else into illegibility.

Here are the products of the thread so far in a text file, should anyone else wish to attempt something similar.

ignquotes.txt

"So hardcore it will skullfuck your granny's corpse." - IGN.com

Also, awesome stuff with Wordle.

«This game makes necrodandrophilia look like a waste of time» IGN.com

Edited by OssK

"Don't have a heart condition yet? This game is made for you!" - IGN.com

Not to post without having an awesome quote, but I just remembered that toblix.com has been labeled an "anti IGN" site, and posting links to it on the IGN boards gets you permabanned. I think that's six kinds of awesome.

"This game is so awesome it caused a disturbance in the fabric of space and time resulting in the creation of ign.com in 1996" - (ign.com)

Not to post without having an awesome quote, but I just remembered that toblix.com has been labeled an "anti IGN" site, and posting links to it on the IGN boards gets you permabanned. I think that's six kinds of awesome.

Holy shit, awesome. How exactly did that come about?

Long story short, we had an awesome forum on IGN's Vault Network boards. It was initially based around the development and subsequent release of Arcanum, and there were a bunch of awesome people there, resulting in lots of awesome threads. Suddenly a mod came and said she had been appointed to make sure we followed the board rules, and that meant enforcing stupid shit like not swearing, having maximum one "game thread", deleting long threads, etc. So a full-on war started which ended with me getting banned because I said something like "fuck IGN", which was forbidden because it was anti-IGN.

So, I started a rebel forum at toblix.com, where there was no laws but our own, etc. Problem was, the moment one of the other guys on the IGN board posted a link or reference to toblix.com (or just toblix), he/she would also be banned, because linking to an anti-IGN site was not allowed. This resulted in some hilarious suicide runs where one would change ones signature to the forbidden url and start spamming it everywhere, seing how many posts you could get in before being banned.

In the end the community pretty much died. Not everyone wanted to leave the IGN forums and start posting on another, and a lot of people simply didn't get the notice, because everything related to my nick was deleted by the IGN nazi troops.

I've always stuck to just one forum at a time, this being the third one. The second one was IGN and the first was The Unwashed Villagers, if anyone remembers.

Anyway,

"this game blahblah shit fuck rape" - IGN.com

edit:

vnboards.png

zomg.. Toblix teh rebel of ign.com

"It will blow socks out of his grave" - (ign.com)

«This game is so awesome it'll get your ass kicked out of our forum speaking it's name in front of your computer» IGN.com

That's awesome, Toblix!

I used to have over 10k posts in one forum... But it sort of fell apart. A form of it is still up and active to a degree, but I don't post much. One guy from the forum has posted a couple of times and probably lurked more here, but I haven't seen him in a long time. Miss you, Trithy!

Cool story, toblix.

I also stick to one forum mostly. I moved here from adventuregamers.com, but another I used to frequent and still occasionally check is TTLG.com (General Gaming forum is/was* good, but I stayed out of Community Chat most of the time).

* haven't kept up with it much so don't know how it is now. there seem to be some rather stupid posts lately

And occasionally (while working on a game) I get more involved in some game development related forums.

PS. I miss FidoNet ;(

"This game will knock you out, then take embarrassing photos of your unconscious body!" - IGN.com

This is the only forum I frequent with anything resembling regularity. That is a fucking amazing story toblix, way to fight the power. So bloody cool.

Ohhh boy oh boy, hilarious...

"This game is so bad you feel raped... AGAIN." IGN.COM

"It should be banished, because it will rape you though a hole." IGN.COM

"Raping is bad, but this game makes it feel so good" IGN.COM

"The best thing about this game is that it can be turned off." IGN.COM

"Arghhhhhh my eyes." IGN.COM

"Buy an empty DVD it's more fun." IGN.COM

Edited by Berend Jan

"IGN would rather be raped than post a review scoring anything other than 7-10" - IGN.com

"ign.com ign.com ign.com ign.com ign.com ign.com ign.com ign.com ign.com, we just love speaking our name. Oh, and this game is also ok, but not as good as our name." (ign.com)