Garple

(IGN.com)

"It'll [offensive word A] you in the [offensive word B]" - reprehensible human being

I say "cunt" an awful lot, often creatively as much of my swearing is.

"OH CUNTING FUCKWADS!" etc.

I don't see why people get so offended by it to be honest, I've always been confounded by the impact of swearwords. Then again, were they not "swears" I wouldn't say them as much. Not even really sure what motive I have to use them, it's probably means I'm some sort of horrible asshole.

Also, "cunt" doesn't sound right in a North American accent, it takes a broad, Scottish tone to truly deliver its full impact.

Also, "cunt" doesn't sound right in a North American accent, it takes a broad, Scottish tone to truly deliver its full impact.

But that makes it a term of deep affection then... :getmecoat

Haha, it's true though. A Weedgie's "AW YE CUNT!" can't really be beat.

"You'll order this game online and have it stuffed through your mailbox!" ign.com

"This game will ability screw your sentences to construct!" ign.com

"You'll order this game online and have it stuffed through your mailbox!" ign.com

I like the subtle violence here -- makes me think of sleep-deprived postmen getting pissed off with all those Play.com jiffy bags they have to lug around.

Very good. :yep:

I say "cunt" an awful lot, often creatively as much of my swearing is.

Well you are (presumably) Scottish. I think you guys are probably the masters of swearing. I, being a nerdy suburban Southerner, tend to come off sounding a bit awkward. But I don't let that interfere with my enthusiasm.

-----

"It'll comfort you with hugs" - IGN.com

Cunt sounds better as you go north -

'Kant' to around the midlands

'Coont' from midlands upwards

Can't even begin to phoneticise the Scottish version, but it sounds better still :)

You have to use the glottal stop for the Scottish:

C`ʔn't`

I'd say that "Cunt" is as close as you can get to the phonetic spelling of our pronunciation. Apparently the Inverness accent is the "purest", pronunciation-wise, in the English-speaking world.

And I know you can't help it, but in most English accents the letter "R" is replaced by an "ahhhh" sound. This really pisses everyone here off. Again, sorry, it's not your fault, but it sounds so weird! :3

Interesting. R as in 'lark'? Yeah I can hear how we do actually say 'lahhk' instead.

You've never noticed?! Every time I watch TV it makes me slightly more aggravated :bomb:

Weird = "Weuhhd"

Farce = "Faahs"

etc.

You do pronounce it at the start of words, or at least in the first few syllables though:

Pronounce = "Pronounce"

But then you can flip it round in one word:

Roar = "Raaaw"

I feel kind of bad for going to such great lengths to point it out, but if you didn't notice then perhaps others are unaware also.

Sorry, sorry, sorry.

Don't be sorry! What you've just said has led to me finally being able to do a fairly convincing Scottish accent. It's been fucking awful up until now, so I guess it was needed to be pointed out. :tup:

It's been fucking awful up until now

But in reallity the scottish accent fucking awful so I guess you'd have to go the very same woay eif yow wont to eymit 'em

I read that as Australian :shifty:

Scottish accents are awesome, hear two of them here.

Edinburgh women's voices make me warm and squishy inside :tup:

Arguing 'purity' regarding an accent is... absurd. And what happened to all those Vikings who settled in Scotland, don't you think they had any influence? Why do you pronounce the word 'cow' exactly like the Swedes? :P

Certain English accents, as well as the Australian and NZ accents, are non-rhotic -- they don't pronounce the post-vocalic 'r' unless it's followed by a vowel (I study this stuff). It's not that they pronounce something else instead.

OH SNAP

Anyway, now that I've been officially debunked by an expert, I'll shut the fuck up and never spout this bullshit again. Thanks! :yep:

I don't like seeing English speakers argue about how some accent sucks for some reason, because the variety is what makes English such an interesting language, that's all. I didn't want to sound like I was wagging my finger though :P