Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

I was going to be snarky about how he believes that divine intervention is what's behind the random number generator finally going his way, but he seems so genuinely happy about getting a palette swap that I feel terrible for thinking that way. :frown:

This is for you Toblix

Uti vår hage, a very nice choice indeed. YOU JUST BOUGHT A THOUSAND LITERS OF MILK

qciVXUHTN10

Beardyman! Worth a watch all the way through. :D

Watch this, women! And learn.

L5UlxHsgD58

Japanese, they look all the same.

owP3cHrp3b0

Don't look down!

uhtgsAXmz7U

When listening to the latest Bugle, Andy was talking about how Shinty is the manliest game ever, using the example of the goalkeeper who stopped a 90mph penalty shot with his bare forehead like it was nothing. Knowing the podcast's affinity for bullshit, I decided to call his bluff. That'll teach me to doubt him. Lo and behold, a man bashing a high-speed wooden ball with his face:

gcRwbuSoGyc

My head starts hurting just by watching this. But it's open to debate if it's a sign of manliness to stop a wooden ball with your face, or one of idiocy.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnjSWPxJxNs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnjSWPxJxNs&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Haha, this is cracking me up! It's the striking realism of the situation which makes it so funny. The surprise, the hectic attemps to extinguish the fire and the realisation that the only thing you can do is watch your house burning to the ground.

lVmmYMwFj1I

I know that side of London so well. I've been to my fair share of warehouse parties and, well, everyone I've met has been genuinely nice and unpretentious... even the ones with silly taches. Several of my closest friends could easily been featured in that video, but they're all honest-to-god lovely, smart, friendly people. I don't know, maybe being a dickhead IS cool :tup:

(Or maybe I've been lucky enough to only meet the "nice" ones?)

I'm willing to buy into this, but explain to me what a dickhead is? I saw the video, I'm just not sure... they're... faux nerds? Crossed with hiphop hipsters and hippies? Is that a thing?

Should we be worried?

I'm willing to buy into this, but explain to me what a dickhead is? I saw the video, I'm just not sure... they're... faux nerds? Crossed with hiphop hipsters and hippies? Is that a thing?

Should we be worried?

The video just named them dickheads, it's not a term used elsewhere. The video doesn't put much of an argument up as to why they should be called that, other than how they look and the supposedly pretentious stuff they say at the end.

There are certainly some real assholes who fall into this sort of "trendy" category though; A TV show called Nathan Barley did a great job of lampooning the Vice Magazine crowd that so sickened me when I first arrived here, but that seems to have died down a bit now.

Ah right, Nathan Barley. I get it. Vice Magazine only confuses the shit out of me some more.

I am desperately out of touch with culture, it seems! :)

Ah right, Nathan Barley. I get it. Vice Magazine only confuses the shit out of me some more.

I am desperately out of touch with culture, it seems! :)

I think it's uniquely London, to be fair. I know that was a criticism levelled at Nathan Barley.

I went back a bit and couldn't find it, but I love this. I love to think, somewhere out there in mass market consumerism, there is a market exec who is internet savvy. Unfortunately, it's probably just a very coincidental parody. Still hilarious.

AkMsSIjQXxo