Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

That was insane. I've never really liked old school music but that guy has made me realise just how awesome it is. :tup:

I hate the dude's aspergy demeanor. I would like to see that keyboard used for something other than demos of said keyboard.

Aspergy demeanor? What is that supposed to mean? :blink:

Aspergy demeanor? What is that supposed to mean? :blink:
There is a certain kind of dorkiness in his presentation that annoys me.

There is a certain kind of dorkiness in his presentation that annoys me.

He kind of annoyed me too but the phrase 'Aspergy demeanor' is kind of unsettling.

He kind of annoyed me too but the phrase 'Aspergy demeanor' is kind of unsettling.

I think Pirate is more taking issue with the relation to asperger's syndrome.

Not really an issue; more eyebrow-raising. I wasn't really aware that that was a 'thing' to call people who seem dorky, 's all.

xCe6NOBUut0

Edited by PiratePooAndHisBattleship

That is what I meant, I didn't want to say 'seems a little offensive' so I said unsettling. Sigh, internets.

Man, I forget that this nook of the internet is, well, nice. I spend a fair bit of time with my wife who is a goon, and her kind does things like this. Actually, I don't think I'll link to the thread, it will just make things worse.

Low down: Some poor lady who thought liarpedia.org contained an actual article about her (after searching the site for her own name apparently), flipped out and started screaming libel, ruined reputation, weeping children, stress upon her marriage, etc... Anyway, they are making her life even more miserable now by posting all kinds of crazy things about her allegedly doing, and the Something Awful forums have quite a bit of instant Google juice... If you're interested in the whole dealio, the thread's name is “Don't use my name illegally!” and it is in the E/N Bullshit subforum.

To be fair, my wife (whom I've just, I guess, blamed wholesale for my own insensitivity), is one of the people trying to calm things down in that thread. But still, goon is a norm for internet interactions. And "aspergy goon" is an archetype I've heard her invoke relatively often. So it is her fault I'm largely desensitized to such offhanded and crass damnation of a whole group of people.

I am innocent, I tell you!

I often read encyclopedia dramatica so i'm not adverse to horrible, horrible internet people but I just don't really expect it here. Whatever.

These words make me ambivalent.

I've started using "sperglord" under the influence of some Goon friends, and feel torn over it. Likewise, I don't use the term "spaz", but "spazclick" expresses accidentally clicking on something perfectly. "Gay" as a pejorative was also something I once struggled not to use, though not recently.

In the case of sperg derivatives, I don't think it's been helped by socially awkward people self-diagnosing with aspergers syndrome as an excuse to be unempathic and socially inept.

I believe that a Goon is what they call a poster on the Something Awful forums.

These words make me ambivalent.

I've started using "sperglord" under the influence of some Goon friends, and feel torn over it. Likewise, I don't use the term "spaz", but "spazclick" expresses accidentally clicking on something perfectly. "Gay" as a pejorative was also something I once struggled not to use, though not recently.

In the case of sperg derivatives, I don't think it's been helped by socially awkward people self-diagnosing with aspergers syndrome as an excuse to be unempathic and socially inept.

I used to say everything was gay but I just stopped at some point I guess. It slightly bothers me now, I guess I grew up in some small way. OH SHIT.

"Magnets how the *?*! do they work???" is also pretty high quality. I love the idea of swamping a protest group as objectionable as Westboro with net memes to trivialise their cause :)

That is creepy to me in at least 3 ways.

What gets me is the utter absence of self-awareness, irony.

As regards the singing Christian dog: I can see his pedophile face underneath the paint, which is terrifying.

As regards the Oblivion thing: masterly.