Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

Oh man, my girlfriend had told me about that, but I'd never seen it. It's part of a big series she did on the mating habits of different animals, as acted out by professionals. That was pretty awesome. Props to Rosellini for being crazy enough to make that into a thing.

From what I know Isabella Rossellini is the only one to ever act in these, maybe? She did it for all these different insects. This is the first vertebrate vid of this ilk by her that I've seen.

From what I know Isabella Rossellini is the only one to ever act in these, maybe? She did it for all these different insects. This is the first vertebrate vid of this ilk by her that I've seen.

And she turned down a part in Twin Peaks written especially for her...?

Watch the whole video, it gets more funnier as you progress through it.

b5AkIfgioA4

That had me in stitches near the end :tup:

b5AkIfgioA4

I lol'd. Repeatedly. And hard.

I used to play CoD4 with a group of Texas/Alabama/Oklahoma (in that area of states) people, I was basically the only person on the TS2 that didn't sound like some horrible caricature. I also used to play WW2Online with a fellow with that kind of voice.

They're actually some of the most enjoyable people to play games with (aside from perhaps English Counter-Strike players) and are usually a lot more intelligent than their voices imply.

That said:

5fjc0i.jpg

Did you see the 'World's biggest Twilight fan' video? Face to face, they make an amazing couple.

Both of them seem to be wearing invisibility cloaks though, seeing how easy it is to see through them. They both are so keen on stressing how little they care about what other people think about them --as long as you fucking understand that they're the fucking biggest fans! It's kind of important, because their whole identity rides on that crucial perception.

No I mean really, fucking show it, show me that you're a bigger fan, prove me wrong, I dare you. CRUCIO

Oddly enough, I think he's really cool. Call me weird. (I think we all know this video was for a competition, right? They were looking for the biggest Harry Potter fan, so he put on this presentation. Seems inventive to me, and probably deserves to win.) Unlike other "uber fans" at least this guy appears sane... He's got a good sense of humour, clearly doesn't take himself too seriously, and is a pretty impressive artist, to boot. Yeah, he's got a passion (maybe that's Passion, with a capital "P"), but I'm just in awe of someone that passionate about something... especially when, let's face it, even he's got to be aware of how it's taken by others.

So, provided he's, you know, got friends and is able assimilate into society, I say, "go for it" (and presumably he's got at least one friend -- unless he really does have magic powers controlling the camera). When he said he could dress in Harry Potter gear for three months I did get a little worried that he was going to show a bunch of capes... but instead it was just a perfectly normal bunch of t-shirts. So, yeah.

Now: The guys who roleplay as Jedis and actually wear Jedi robes walking down the street -- they freak me out. Time to grow up, dudes. It wasn't real. You're in Grimsby, not Tatooine, etc.

Speaking of which, I guess this dude is the Steve Sansweet of Harry Potter (who, of course, is now the director of speciality marketing at LucasFilm), and that seems fair enough to me.

Ok, I admit, that's me in the video. *shame*

Not really.

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Did you see the 'World's biggest Twilight fan' video? Face to face, they make an amazing couple.

Both of them seem to be wearing invisibility cloaks though, seeing how easy it is to see through them. They both are so keen on stressing how little they care about what other people think about them --as long as you fucking understand that they're the fucking biggest fans! It's kind of important, because their whole identity rides on that crucial perception.

"Taylor's abs and Robert's hair"

. . .Shouldn't that be the other way around? (Edit: Maybe not? Is Taylor another one of the male actors? *Shrug*)

So yeah. That was just sad. The way she talks? Sounds like she's a robot/zombie/ DEAD INSIDE.

Edit Dos: And I actually have to agree with ThunderPeel. While he may be just on the potentially dangerous side of obsessed (may! he didn't attack Rowling or anything, I assume, since she actually signed his stuff) his passion and artistic talent are pretty admirable. Even if he's putting that passion to something ultimately pointless.

Edited by Orvidos

Oddly enough, I think he's really cool. Call me weird. (I think we all know this video was for a competition, right? They were looking for the biggest Harry Potter fan, so he put on this presentation. Seems inventive to me, and probably deserves to win.) Unlike other "uber fans" at least this guy appears sane... He's got a good sense of humour, clearly doesn't take himself too seriously, and is a pretty impressive artist, to boot. Yeah, he's got a passion (maybe that's Passion, with a capital "P"), but I'm just in awe of someone that passionate about something... especially when, let's face it, even he's got to be aware of how it's taken by others.

So, provided he's, you know, got friends and is able assimilate into society, I say, "go for it" (and presumably he's got at least one friend -- unless he really does have magic powers controlling the camera). When he said he could dress in Harry Potter gear for three months I did get a little worried that he was going to show a bunch of capes... but instead it was just a perfectly normal bunch of t-shirts. So, yeah.

Now: The guys who roleplay as Jedis and actually wear Jedi robes walking down the street -- they freak me out. Time to grow up, dudes. It wasn't real. You're in Grimsby, not Tatooine, etc.

Speaking of which, I guess this dude is the Steve Sansweet of Harry Potter (who, of course, is now the director of speciality marketing at LucasFilm), and that seems fair enough to me.

Ok, I admit, that's me in the video. *shame*

Not really.

Yeah I see what you mean but cool?! I mean COOL!

Your end gag made me laugh. :tup:

b5AkIfgioA4

This was pretty funny, and unlike every other Vent video, it wasn't predicated on making the other people mad. It's weird to laugh ALONG with someone on the internet.

This was pretty funny, and unlike every other Vent video, it wasn't predicated on making the other people mad. It's weird to laugh ALONG with someone on the internet.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I was supposed to bring myself to laugh AT them...? But I couldn't, it was just amusing and entertaining.

AT them or WITH them....whichever you choose (or not), it really is pretty funny and amusing. I just love the transcription...as much as their own jokes set upon themselves (the blue pants pun - guy1: "I bet you could put them on" - guy2: "I bet I could....and then I could drop 'em and I can stay close to you and you can go up in 'ere"). Their laughter (and the transcription of it) makes me laugh even more so.

Also, I've watched the video more than 10 times now and it really never gets old. I think it's becoming unhealthy for me.

Not comical but badass.

Wc3ApcR93sk

This channel (ultraslo) has loads of crazy videos that are basically the most awesome things you can think up to do with an ultra slow motion camera.

0iRTB-FTMdk

And the target of the previous dis track:

Bj7J7vXCf5w