Thyroid

Obligatory comical YouTube thread

0iRTB-FTMdk

Yay! I'm friends with the director of that video. I've just noticed a few extras in it who I know too.

I saw Professor Elemental live last year at a Steampunk club night. Very entertaining.

Here's another goodun:

eELH0ivexKA

I've gotten addicted to Fighting Trousers. That song burrows itself into your brain. Unfortunately none of the other songs on the cd seem to be nearly as catchy as the two with videos. Also, man do I not like Mr. B.

You should watch the targeted video first (or as much as you can stand). It's a really good comeback for it, and not what I was expecting. Catchy, too.

Anyway, now this has been found :tup:

lhjANIyY0Sw

I apologize in advance:

I had to stop at "In case you ain't noticed"

Edit: So I watched up to :45 and had to stop again, but I have a sneaking suspicion I know why the rate of suicides goes up around this time. . .bitch.

You should watch the targeted video first (or as much as you can stand). It's a really good comeback for it, and not what I was expecting. Catchy, too.

Anyway, now this has been found :tup:

That's amazing find!

You can never get enough of BttF!

I've gotten addicted to Fighting Trousers. That song burrows itself into your brain. Unfortunately none of the other songs on the cd seem to be nearly as catchy as the two with videos. Also, man do I not like Mr. B.

Yes, that sampled-sax beat does an extremely good job of getting stuck in my head.

While I agree that the remainder of the album isn't quite as catchy, I do enjoy it a lot. I've been listening to it and Mr. B's album almost exclusively for the past few days.

It is my dearest wish that all rappers from the UK are like them.

WASSAP JUGGALOS?!

Fighting Trousers I have relinked through Facebook, so as to spread it amongst my friends in a more efficient manner. Chap-hop!

This is pretty nicely done:

Ha. I was a little dismissive at first, but then I paid more attention to the lyrics and realised it was actually quite a cynical little song, and the cheeriness was an ironic counterpoint. That made the animation seem better, too, for some reason.

Also, it makes me think of this:

http://vimeo.com/12026956

Ha. I was a little dismissive at first, but then I paid more attention to the lyrics and realised it was actually quite a cynical little song, and the cheeriness was an ironic counterpoint. That made the animation seem better, too, for some reason.

Jonathan Coulton is more known as The "Still Alive" Guy. So yeah, he's pretty great with lyrics.

iob2_8eyMK8

PS: Logorama is great.

I'm simultaneously crushed and inspired.

I've dabbled with kinetic typography because for some reason it melts my brains and I love it but I don't have anything anywhere near the talent and creativity required. I hate myself. :fart:

I am going to learn to do this:

JytxbdOR6ck

Very nice!

You make me feel so lame, because someone surprised me with a triple wick fire staff for my birthday, and I still haven't made time to learn any good tricks with it.

Very nice!

You make me feel so lame, because someone surprised me with a triple wick fire staff for my birthday, and I still haven't made time to learn any good tricks with it.

I need to buy 3 first, my current staffs are not suitable in the slightest.

This is pretty nicely done:

y4sOfO8Ei1g

I love all the logo treatments that the lyrics get.

I'm simultaneously crushed and inspired.

I've dabbled with kinetic typography because for some reason it melts my brains and I love it but I don't have anything anywhere near the talent and creativity required. I hate myself. :fart:

Yes, you should totally give up because if you're not a master when you're a teenager, you'll never be one after years of practice. Whhhaaaattt? Don't be silly. You've got so much time ahead of you to become easily as good as that guy... it just takes time and practice.

I wish someone had explained that to me when I was younger.

Alan Moore, comic god, has often said he wasn't the best writer in his class at school. The only difference between him and his classmates was that he kept writing, and they stopped. Most people stop. If you don't, you're ahead of the game in any discipline.

I love all the logo treatments that the lyrics get.

Yeah, I got tired very fast of all the kinetic typography stuff that started coming out a while back. For example, in my opinion the Fuck You video is just derivative shit. This one got some real care, however, and isn't just a bunch of motion blurred words pushing each other out of the way.

YlKDu_XtG_I

I don't-- It's... Yea. I don't know.