Jake

Lemmings - in easily digestable DHTML form

This is old news to some (or all?) but for the ones who don't read the AG forums, I figured I'd drop this link to DHTML Lemmings here. I've found this to be the ultimate at-work or homework distraction.

DHTML Lemmings

Its just what it says it is: The first Lemmings game, with its giant pixels and all, but written in ... DHTML, not even Flash. It works surprisingly well* (* on the one G5 we have at work. Slower computers beware). Remi would be proud.

Booooo I know its old news but it rules. I should ban those fark-style "image replies" from this forum somehow... :) or... :ratchet:

I didn't really mean to post an image reply. My finger slipped.

Lemmings rules! btw. I could spend hours watching their little heads explode.

This thing freezes up for me a lot, but it is most definitely a noble endeavor.

This thing freezes up for me a lot, but it is most definitely a noble endeavor.

Okay yeah maybe I lied and its near impossible to play, but it rules that it exists at all.

Okay yeah maybe I lied and its near impossible to play, but it rules that it exists at all.

FO SHEEZY :fart: :fart:

It's (new) news to me! Cool! Thanks for the link! (Maybe we should start a thread for "Possibly old but cool news items that you may (or may not) have already seen before" :))

Edit: I forgot what an excellent game Lemming is! Shame there's only 8 demo levels! :(

It's (new) news to me! Cool! Thanks for the link! (Maybe we should start a thread for "Possibly old but cool news items that you may (or may not) have already seen before" :))

Edit: I forgot what an excellent game Lemming is! Shame there's only 8 demo levels! :(

I'm sure you can find a full version of the original game on a naughty website if you look hard enough.

So, why the hell did Lemmings jump the shark and go 3D? Why?

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Why aren't there more games such as this one? I mean, just as soon as all good ol' dos games are converted to Gamboy I can throw my computer away and just live in the wilderness with the little folded thing in my pocket...

and just live in the wilderness with the little folded thing in my pocket...

Please don't tell us any more about the little folded thing you keep in your pants...

Why aren't there more games such as this one? I mean, just as soon as all good ol' dos games are converted to Gamboy I can throw my computer away and just live in the wilderness with the little folded thing in my pocket...

Occasionally won't you have to journey to civilization to plug in or steal batteries or something? Maybe make it solar powered.

I remember when we (=me and my bro) got Lemmings in pirated disks. It was one of the first computer games we owned... It took us ages to figure out what we were supposed to do (we didn't understand English).

Occasionally won't you have to journey to civilization to plug in or steal batteries or something? Maybe make it solar powered.

You can get a solar-powered GBA charger you know. It takes approximately forever to charge its batteries, apparently. Fact of the day!

Ah, Lemmings. One game crying out for another remake (or the licence owners can just make me very happy by releasing a pack containing all the games!)...

Anyone remember Lemmings 3D? I think I'm one of the few that enjoyed playing that title.

I enjoyed it too! I bought it for my mum (who was completely hooked on all the previous Lemmings games), but she couldn't get to grips with it. Whoa, three whole dimensions! Etc.

I didn't get very far in it myself, though... :deranged:

I enjoyed it too! I bought it for my mum (who was completely hooked on all the previous Lemmings games), but she couldn't get to grips with it. Whoa, three whole dimensions! Etc.

I didn't get very far in it myself, though... :deranged:

It was fun to watch those Lemmings walk from the 1st perspective :)

I didn't find it too difficult, though.

--Erwin