toblix

Double Fine

Mojo would never have got the news in the first place if it wasn't for Toblix :tdown:

Have you seen the last entry of Double Fine Action News ? If you haven't, you should.

So, who is to blame for setting us up? Who are the men behind this deception?

Let's put the blame on Doublefine, shall we?

They robbed some of us from the fragile dream that danced gracefully yet so ephemerally in the candlelights of the all-knowing Internet, bringing the pre-taste of that fuzzy feeling some of us are so longing for.

Despite the appearances, despise their so-called reverence for Ninjas and Weiner-cars they so masterfully distilled in their blog entries, the 'people' at DoubleFine are soul-less vessels which, if one analyze their daily reports, are mainly bent on innocent animal torture.

J'accuse Tim Shafer, J'accuse his henchmen and women of forging such a wicked impression of themselves and their little activity that even Rock Heaven appeared a believable cornerstone for a game they would dementedly craft.

J'accuse also him of, not only being partly norwegian but also part Troll, and worse, not accepting it.

bbyq2.png

This might have been approved by Phoenix Bailey, Cockney Attorney.

vimes is great because he can say "j'accuse" with the gravity of a native Frenchman.

I hope Mojo haven't killed this project before it's begun :tdown:.

Hey, I feel really bad about what happened. I reported it as a rumor, didn't I? And the site claimed to have gotten its info freely from a Vivendi representative which didn't exactly smack of SCANDALOUS LEAK to me. If fan sites only posted press releases they'd be official sites. I found an interesting Double Fine item (the last one being, what, a year ago?) and linked to it on Mojo. If I'd known Double Fine would have a problem with it I wouldn't have put it up in the first place, obviously. I don't think it was online for an hour before it got taken down. Of course, that's all it took for everyone and their mother to see it on google cache when every game site on the planet got wind of it, but what can I do? I fucked up.

I don't think it was online for an hour before it got taken down. Of course, that's all it took for everyone and their mother to see it on google cache when every game site on the planet got wind of it, but what can I do? I fucked up.

Whoa there, buddy, you didn't fuck up. You don't hold allegiance to anyone. If you see a nice tidbit of information, why the hell shouldn't you post it? You're not on anyone's payroll for crying out loud :)

Double Fine updated their website. Minigames and projects are "coming soon".

What I find interesting is this thing in their About page:

Are you guys making a sequel to Psychonauts?

Not right now, but we’d love to someday. If anyone out there has a few million dollars burning a hole in their pocket, and would like to help us make an Excellent Sequel to Psychonauts, please let us know!

I was under the impression that Tim Schafer is not so keen on making sequels.

I was under the impression that Tim Schafer is not so keen on making sequels.

The idea that Tim is vehemently opposed to sequels as a principle is something that somebody made up and then spread all over the Internet specifically to fool you. If you read any interview where Tim is asked about sequels, his answer is more along the lines of, "I preferred to make something new at the time" than "I hope sequels get cancer."

The idea that Tim is vehemently opposed to sequels as a principle is something that somebody made up and then spread all over the Internet specifically to fool you.

I blame the Norwegians.

A sequel can be new.

A sequel is nothing more that something that happens after whatever happened in the first <something>. It doesn't dictate the same people, similar story, etc.

It just implies that it's in the same universe, and it happens after the events of the first <something>.

A sequel for Psychonauts could be whatever happens in Lungfishopolis after Raz made a visit.

Ooh the site is so double fine... makes the 2-headed baby even freakier.

Also, what did you guys do? Those news are all over the place! I wonder how much of it is true or not, anyway...

Surely that would be a spin-off? :D

A spin-off branches the currently established storyline. A line is defined by two points. If you only have 1 point and you're defining the second point it can only result in the creation of a sequel. You can't branch from a point.

Of course you could observe the first game to contain a line (begin to end of the game) and branch on that line.

I thought spin-offs were branches on a certain vision of a universe; so to me a Lungfish-o-polis game would be a spin off rather than a sequel as it describes another aspect of the world established in Psychonauts with neither using the main cast nor the cliffhanger set by the end of the original game.

Meh, it's all rhetorical anyway.