Sign in to follow this  
Salka

FUCK OFF SEAN CONNERY

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6733177.stm

"I, do however, have one bit of advice for Junior," he added.

"Demand that the critters be digital, the cliffs be low, and for goodness sake keep that whip by your side at all times in case you need to escape from the stunt coordinator!

Fuck digital critters! Bring back analogue critters! Or whatever.

Maybe he was being ironic? You know, making a sly comment about Ford's age?

Also, change this thread title before bob sees it, or he'll try to kill you.

Ford is only 65 years old.

I wonder if Indiana Jones will also have a earring in the 4th movie.

Daaamn, Connery declined to be Henry Jones sr. ;(

But I have to respect the man, who wouldn't want to just enjoy retirement? If you haven't worked in four years, why come back to act when you don't have to. :)

Still, I hope Spielberg and Lucas won't go batshit crazy with Indy 4 special effects. Everything is possible when it's considered that IL&M is working on the effects.

If you haven't worked in four years, why come back to act when you don't have to. :)

Because you could be in another fucking Indiana Jones movie!

Still, I hope Spielberg and Lucas won't go batshit crazy with Indy 4 special effects. Everything is possible when it's considered that IL&M is working on the effects.

The original movies were actually made with the conceit that old-school special effects would be used. However, nowadays all Lucas does is digitally jerk off all over the screen, so I'm pretty worried we'll have digital creatures flying around in every inch of the background. Hope I'm wrong and that Spielberg can reign the nutter in.

Well it was Spielberg's insistence in the original trilogy that ensured the hardcore physical special effects. Hopefully he is just as forceful now!

Yeah, we don't want Ford acting against a greenscreen the entire movie.

Yeah, we don't want Ford acting against a greenscreen the entire movie.

in that case they might was well replace Ford with a green actor as well

You had me thrown for a moment there, I thought he had died. But nope. Sean Connery has no intention of fucking off right now.

On 6/9/2007 at 11:12 PM, Kolzig said:

Still, I hope Spielberg and Lucas won't go batshit crazy with Indy 4 special effects.

Looking at this post over ten years later makes me feel so sad. ;(

They really did ruin that fourth movie, damn.

Sad that it wasn't my post from the "rank the Spielberg films" thread. I don't think Indy 4 went batshit crazy with special effects, but it did do a bad job with the effects that it had. The story about Spielberg is that he's excellent at compositing digital stuff into a mostly real shot, but awful at compositing real stuff into a mostly digital shot. Stuff like Indy 4's jungle car chase, the entirety of The BFG, and so on look like shit, whereas the more minimal stuff in his other movies always looks great.

I felt kind of vindicated when my favorite movie podcast had an episode on Crystal Skull and they also agreed that it wasn't bad. There are dozens of us! Dozens!

Nah it's fine, Crystal Skull is the classic example of people being mad at New.

For me Indy 4 had one good scene in the whole movie, the rest is forgettable and bad. The scene at Indy's house I liked, it was somewhere close to the beginning part of the movie. I've tried to forget most of this movie, but that scene has stayed in my memory.

For me, the scene with the Greasers in the cafe was hilarious, the motorcyle chase was great (it's no accident that it's the action scene with the least special effects, I think), Marion is perfect in basically every scene she's in, the opening setpiece  is pretty great before it devolves into the actual chase (which itself is fine), and the atomic bomb scene is a fucking classic up there with my favorite scenes from the other movies, like the gun-sword fight, the flying wing fight, the boulder chase, the Ark melting faces, and the motorcycle chase from The Last Crusade.