Spaff

New people: Read this, say hi.

I've been a long term reader of Idle Thumbs, and it was all the CKII streams that finally made me break down and register. Hi Thumbs!

Hi thumbs, been listening since the Kickstarter reboot, finally registered today to post. 

Hello everyone. I'm new here. I've listened to Idle Thumbs for ages but only really thought to look at the forums after reading about the new Tone Control podcast on twitter. So here I am. Seems nice.

Hey guys.  I've been listening to idle thumbs for over a year now, but never bothered to register for the forums until now.  Lately I've really enjoyed watching Chris and Nick play their Spelunky daily challenges.  It's funny how Nick regards the adventure mode of that game as sort of the warm-up scrimmage match.  I hadn't really thought about it until he said that, but I think I regard it in a similar fashion.   I find that play much more carefully in the daily challenges, while in adventure mode I'm much more likely to just "go for it," often with hilarious and disastrous consequences.

Hey, I started listening to IT about six months ago. I had heard a lot about it but I generally have a tendency to shy away from >hour long podcasts, but after I started a job where I spend >hour at a time in a walk in cooler alone, I figured I might as well give it a shot. I've been loving it all, especially Dota Today, which I wish they'd update more.

Anyway, they keep talking about how great the forums are so I figured I'd take a peak. 

Hi thumbers!

Like seemingly every other person, I have listened to the various podcasts on this site for quite a while. I don't usually participate in online community stuff very often, but I really like the kind of culture here. Good times.

So yeah, hi there!

i actually started listening just a couple of months ago i think but now it's almost all i listen to. i started at 1 which was super helpful cuz of how dense it is with in-jokes, and I just reached 78: the ruinationcast so that's more than an episode a day i guess. now i have a bombcast backlog, something i never imagined. so hi, bird noise, the wizard

Hi!

Been listening to the podcast for a few months now, and figured I'd join the forums to get some of the ideas that spawn from listening these podcasts out of my head and somewhere other people can reflect on them. After lurking for a while, I'm pretty impressed by the community on these forums. Hope to have some good talks!

Heya. I'm a newb! Decided to make my account after a long time lurking reading the forum threads on the episodes and decided to make an account. 

I discovered thumbs on their kickstarter and backed it then listened to their whole back catalogue whilst playing Max Payne 3 MP.

Hello there! Been a fan of the Idle Thumbs cast for year and just got the nerve to sign up for these here forums. Hope to get know most of the community here soon. 

Hello all. Happy to have discovered this site and the podcast.

I have returned to gaming big time over the last year, 

I have an xbox 360, PS3, and now a PS4.

Looking forward to getting to know the new gen, as well as a pile of older titles(currently getting "Binary Domain" for free as I am now a PS Plus member. BD wnet free today by the way).

Cheers!

Happy to see the Idle Forums aren't blocked at work!  Moved to Los Angeles a few months ago, working in admissions at a private school.  Child of Nintendo, teenager of Sony, adult of Valve/Sony.

Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Evermore, Baldur's Gate, Goldeneye, and Pixeljunk Monsters probably have the most emotional nostalgic value for me.  I play such a wide variety of games these days that it's hard to nail down recent favorites.  I have a special place in my heart for local co-op experiences that my wife can play with me;  Gone Home was the last we completed together and loved it.  Currently playing GTA5, Bioshock Infinite, Spelunky, and Don't Starve.

Hi all!