nsps

Wii titles?

Ordered Twilight Princess to go with my Wii. It seems to have done pretty well in reviews so far.

The word under the score is "Great." "8.8 - Great."

That doesn't exactly sound like a pan.

New review for monkey ball said that it was basically the same thing over and over again, but it was so damn fun you could play it forever.

And this unlike the other two Super Monkey Balls how?

I am going to cautiously request that no one lose their shit over the Gamespot review score.

Reviews are reviews. Gerstman likes "The Fast and the Furious" so, really, I take anything he says with a grain of salt. But that's fine. What is horrendous, though, is that thread you linked. :frusty: :frusty: :bomb::frusty::pan::frusty::campbell:

Hurray for you!

If everything goes right, I'll have a Wii next week, and Twilight Princess, 'cause I have to write the cover-article for the [N]Gamer :tup:

Rodi, did you notice that Rob and Ryan hugely praised [N]Gamer in the last videoGaiden ? They considered it as "the last hope for video game paper press" or some similar weird scottish statement... something about the writers hitting their chest while shouting " Games, GAMES, GAMES!!!!"

I don't watch Videogaiden (it's on the internet also, yesno?), but I'd be mighty, mighty surprised if they weren't actually talking about the Nintendo-magazine from the UK which was recently unfortunately renamed to NGamer. creating some confusion.

I figured that because, you know, we're not that good :tup:

So, where can I get me some Videogaiden on the internet anyhow? I can't locate it on the Consolevania homepage.

I have a Wii. :tup:

As do I. My Future Shop got 72 in, and I got number 72. I stood in line for 5 hours for the damned thing, (and I feel awful for the very nice people behind me who stood in line for 4 and a half and got nothing) but it really is a lot of fun. They were sold out of most games and had no more controllers by the time I got there, but I managed to grab Monkey Ball and Rayman, both of which I was very interested in anyway. Rayman is a hell of a lot of fun, and I love the bunnies to death. Monkey Ball is pretty damned good as well, though I haven't played as much of it. The tilting of the world is going to take some getting used to, but I think I'll be able to get the hang of it. Really, the whole system is going to take some getting used to. When the next shipment of games comes I'll probably grab Zelda. Honestly, thank god it was picked clean before I hit the shelves, as I'll now have a paycheque arriving before I can get more stuff for the Wii, thus keeping me from spending money that I really don't have.

I ended up just getting Zelda. I went in thinking I was going to buy Red Steel and Rayman as well, but I got cold feet at the last minute and decided I was going to hold my money until I saw more reviews. I really should have picked up Rayman. Red Steel's not looking so attractive after reading some reviews, but I dunno, I may end up caving in just because I want to shoot stuff with the Wiimote. I'm having so much fun with the Wii right now I'll play anything regardless of quality.

Ohh man, VideoGaiden is GOODDDD. A truly absurd amount of sketches and whatnot compared to how many games are handled, but fuck it, it's great. I love how the bigger budget translates itself into extremely smooth camera movements and top notch lighting.

It's bad? Or just really similar to the DS version?

Latest response... It's not bad; it's just not as well suited to the Wii controller and the Wii in general as it is to the DS so it feels inferior in comparison. Basically, you get nothing from purchasing on console if you own or have played the DS version.

Monkey Ball is fucking ace on the other hand, best Monkey Ball since the original and so very close to surpassing it. But then i would say that, heh.

As I posted above, I got Zelda and ExciteTruck.

ExciteTruck is lots of goofy, brainless fun. Very happy with it.

Zelda is...Zelda. It looks like a GameCube game and the gameplay is the same as every other Zelda ever made. What makes it tolerable to a Zelda hater like me are the controls, which I'm digging. But it's tedious like all Zelda games.

I suspect I'll end up agreeing with GameSpot's assessment. It's a polished and moderately fun game, but it's not the greatest game ever made (and certainly not worth the 10 out of 10 that 1UP gave it).

I don't much care for Red Steel's campaign-- it's got lousy pacing, laughably bad dialogue, and positively stupid AI. The controls are pretty awkward, but I'm hoping it's something that you just have to practice at first. I haven't tried the multiplayer out yet, but my friends insist that it's a lot of fun.

As for Super Monkey Ball: :tup: Some of the mulitplayer games are pretty bad, but the single player is monkey gold.

Yeah, love love LOVE Monkey Ball, but then I always have. I'm also really digging Rayman, but at the rate I'm speeding through it, I'll be done tomorrow night already. I keep on going back and playing the different versions of that rhythm based minigame though. That is the most fun I've had with a console in a while. I get way too into it and start to feel like I'm beating the hell out of some drums. When the double hits show up, I get my whole body into it and just slam down on the air in front of me. It's great.

As I'll be done Rayman soon, (and get paid on Friday) any elaboration on Excite Truck would be cool, Loonyboi. I was kind of looking at that one but unsure as to whether or not to purchase. Mostly, how's the multiplay, as that's what I'm most interested in it for?

I luckily got three extra controllers, so I played Wii Sports and Super Monkey Ball with my friends, and it was a hell of a lot of fun.

Wii Sports

Tennis :tup: :tup:

Boxing :tup: :tup: :tup:

Bowling :tup: :tup:

Golf :tup:

Baseball :tdown:

As for Super Monkey Ball, I haven't played the main game, but as for the mini games...

Some of them, including hurdle jump :tup:

Others :tmeh:

The likes of Red Light, Green Light :tdown: :tdown: :tdown::frusty:

I also bought Zelda, but haven't had any one-player time yet.

As I'll be done Rayman soon, (and get paid on Friday) any elaboration on Excite Truck would be cool, Loonyboi. I was kind of looking at that one but unsure as to whether or not to purchase. Mostly, how's the multiplay, as that's what I'm most interested in it for?

I haven't tried multiplayer yet...it's two player splitscreen only. I wish it had online support.

I imagine multiplayer's kinda cool though. The racing is so over the top that it would be pretty fun.

Has anyone tried out the Virtual Console yet?

My friend encouraged me not to due to this:

http://www.wireless.engadget.com/2006/11/20/wii-being-hit-by-fatal-error-110213-could-be-funky-firmware/#comments

But I'm going to call Nintendo today to find out if it's really related to the downloads, or if I'd need to get my system replaced no matter what if I encounter the problem.